ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The 200 woops ass!!

08 197 cup
mark 4 R32 was 0-100 in 15.5 so not quite as quick.
my present 197 cup is a tad slower , straight line , than my old mark 4 r32 but it was 10k cheaper as a new car
meg 250 next year for me .

Clio 172
It's a grower I am getting used to the look of it and wouldnt be suprised if loads more manufacturers start painting parts of the bumpers different colour to the car!

I often wonder how EVO get their 0-60 times to be so good, I reckon they must launch it very hard to get the figs. I'd like to see someone in real life achieve the figs they get.... then after three attempts when it needs a new clutch they can take it back to the stealers !!!

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I often wonder how EVO get their 0-60 times to be so good, I reckon they must launch it very hard to get the figs. I'd like to see someone in real life achieve the figs they get.... then after three attempts when it needs a new clutch they can take it back to the stealers !!!
Same as all the mags, and the manufacturers. Take to x revs then side step the clutch. Brutal but effective. With a normal, non kamikaze lauch you aren't going to get near the quoted times.

Renaultsport Clio 197
those figures are ridiculous... 20% increase in torque? LOL

6.6seconds lol that's almost as fast as the meg 225 time of 6.5s
i don't think so :nono:

I'm sure it's a bit quicker on a track due to the improved suspension and a quicker steering rack (in CUP version) but in a straight line I doubt it's faster then a 197.

as said - it's a 197 with a remap and an ugly face :eek:

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
those figures are ridiculous... 20% increase in torque? LOL

6.6seconds lol that's almost as fast as the meg 225 time of 6.5s
i don't think so :nono:

I'm sure it's a bit quicker on a track due to the improved suspension and a quicker steering rack (in CUP version) but in a straight line I doubt it's faster then a 197.

as said - it's a 197 with a remap and an ugly face :eek:
Read all of the thread;). 20% increase at low revs. Not peak.

Renaultsport Clio 197
Read all of the thread;). 20% increase at low revs. Not peak.

i read it.. and also read what renault 'wrote' in the 'book'

even at low revs it's a bit much don't you agree.
And knowing renault , 20% is more like .. 10 or 12% (197 bhp anyone?)

;);)

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Given the subjective impressions of the testers, seems believable. It's more than a remap.

GTD, Lupo
Ok here goes. Clear up some of the confusion and hate :D

200: The car is called a 200 because its 200 PS which converts to about 197 bhp.

197: The 197 is 197ps and converts to about 194 bhp.

The new clio 200 has 3bhp more than the 197 did.

The new 200 Cup chassis gets damper settings that are 15 per cent stiffer than the 197 Cup’s. Maximum power and torque remain largely unchanged.

The 200 has a revised 1st 2nd 3rd which are shorter.

The 200 has a new RevoKnuckle system used on the FRS which helps to eliminate tourque steer.

200 1204 kg
197 1240 kg

Hey and i drive a 200 and im well happy at the moment. A lot happier than i would be in a 197. It gets a lot of looks and none have been bad yet. Also only had good coments. It does look like a frog and its not pretty but its different from the norm and it dont look like a standard model. A mk3 clio went past me today and i couldnt tell if it was a 197 or a diesel untill it over took me as they look to dull.

Paul

Renaultsport Clio 197
A mk3 clio went past me today and i couldnt tell if it was a 197 or a diesel untill it over took me as they look to dull.

I have to quote that aswell...
Made my day/night.

Renault%2BClio%2BIII.jpg

Clio_Front.jpg

TBH I can't tell which one of these is the sport model :rolleyes:
LOL

Renaultsport 200
Ok here goes. Clear up some of the confusion and hate :D

200: The car is called a 200 because its 200 PS which converts to about 197 bhp.

197: The 197 is 197ps and converts to about 194 bhp.

The new clio 200 has 3bhp more than the 197 did.

The new 200 Cup chassis gets damper settings that are 15 per cent stiffer than the 197 Cup’s. Maximum power and torque remain largely unchanged.

The 200 has a revised 1st 2nd 3rd which are shorter.

The 200 has a new RevoKnuckle system used on the FRS which helps to eliminate tourque steer.

200 1204 kg
197 1240 kg

Hey and i drive a 200 and im well happy at the moment. A lot happier than i would be in a 197. It gets a lot of looks and none have been bad yet. Also only had good coments. It does look like a frog and its not pretty but its different from the norm and it dont look like a standard model. A mk3 clio went past me today and i couldnt tell if it was a 197 or a diesel untill it over took me as they look to dull.

Paul

All you have done is state the obvious and make a tool of yourself by saying you couldn't tell the difference between a 197 and a diesel.

My 197 gets the looks and questions off people when I park up. It happened this week actually at Shell.

Your stupid fail comment touched a nerve on me for some reason. Stop trolling.

(im in a bad mood, maybe its the heat)

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
BTW the Revonuckle was from the megane not the FRS, as the megane had it first ;)

Renaultsport Clio 197
the revoknucle comment is the best !

the 200 only has stiffer damper/springs ... A system similar to fords revoknucle iirc is used by renaultsport in clio 197 and megane R26.

so nothing revolutionary going on with the 200.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
i love the revo knuckle comment, wonder what this stupid contraption is on my 197?

DSC01471.jpg

GORMS said:
Its also wider than the 197

wrong, they have the same track...........

Last edited:
  Clio RS 200 cup chassis
Frogs are the future.

Anyway it's a French car so I will look like a frog!

BA DA DUM TISSSHH!

definitely Frog is the future ;)

furthermore, the rs200 as a lot better handling (brand new chassis) than the 197 and a stronger gear box. Look wise it is all a matter of tast.....Me I love it especially in black

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
In the evo mag! 0-60 in 6.6 and 0-100 in 16.7!! And knocks 2.2seconds off it's brothers time (trophy and 197) and is nearly 2mph faster peak wise at 98mph!

only 3 seconds behind the r26.r!! And only 2 seconds off the new FRS!!

As quick as astra vxr/focus st/mk4 r32/megane r26 and many others in straight line and would woop most of there ass's easy on the tracks!

I think I'm in love!

They timed a Phase 1 172 at 6.6 to 60 aswell.

Nothing to write home about tbh:(

GTD, Lupo
Wow must have hit a major nerve with some 197 owners there. If you read i put the Revo system "same as used on the FRS" so nothing wrong there as it is and i never claimed the FRS was the first. Some one asked to sumerise the 200 so take what you want from it :D Try not to let the 200 get you all down so much. I love mine and i BET (standard) it get a lot more attention than a 197.

Green with...

Flame suit on.

Paul

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
definitely Frog is the future ;)

furthermore, the rs200 as a lot better handling (brand new chassis) than the 197 and a stronger gear box. Look wise it is all a matter of tast.....Me I love it especially in black

Talking s**t wthout substance again.

The gearbox is the same as in scenic etc etc.
Same chassis different springs & dampers.
At the end of the day you can quote what mag you like the most important part of any car is the 'nut' holding the wheel;)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member

Paul
Lol are you a mind reader?

Barge
I've yet to see one on the road, but I've seen them in the dealers and IMO its a lovely car, I've grown to really like the front (I bet it's a pain to clean!!). However, to the majority of drivers on the British roads this car means nothing, they see another Renault, another car - or mistake it for something entirely different!

Most people 'ooooh' and 'aaaah' at good looking BMW's and Audi's, and of course your usual "super cars". To the untrained "I know a little bit about Renault" eye - unless you see it from front, it could easily be mistaken for a 197. What's unique about this car cosmetically is, obviously, the front, but as said most people don't or won't particularly care - so your "attention" will mainly come from people who've read articles, are interested in cars or in Renault in particular.

As I've said, it's attractive, but I'm not sure it's really got the 'presence' on the road which you think it has in comparison to say a Vee or a "super car" when you see it driving down the street. It's a gorgeous car, don't get me wrong, but to most people it's not spectacular... It's another Renault Sport. Just my thoughts.

Nissan 350z
I've yet to see one on the road, but I've seen them in the dealers and IMO its a lovely car, I've grown to really like the front (I bet it's a pain to clean!!). However, to the majority of drivers on the British roads this car means nothing, they see another Renault, another car - or mistake it for something entirely different!

Most people 'ooooh' and 'aaaah' at good looking BMW's and Audi's, and of course your usual "super cars". To the untrained "I know a little bit about Renault" eye - unless you see it from front, it could easily be mistaken for a 197. What's unique about this car cosmetically is, obviously, the front, but as said most people don't or won't particularly care - so your "attention" will mainly come from people who've read articles, are interested in cars or in Renault in particular.

As I've said, it's attractive, but I'm not sure it's really got the 'presence' on the road which you think it has in comparison to say a Vee or a "super car" when you see it driving down the street. It's a gorgeous car, don't get me wrong, but to most people it's not spectacular... It's another Renault Sport. Just my thoughts.

Very well put.

At least the 172 > 182 > 197 all looked vastly different to avoid being confused with either other and to mark the upgrade. Who can honestly say the same about the 197 > 200 jump? Compared with the other incarnations of the Clio Sports these 2 are basically twins to any passer by.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Wow must have hit a major nerve with some 197 owners there. If you read i put the Revo system "same as used on the FRS" so nothing wrong there as it is and i never claimed the FRS was the first. Some one asked to sumerise the 200 so take what you want from it :D Try not to let the 200 get you all down so much. I love mine and i BET (standard) it get a lot more attention than a 197.

Green with...

Flame suit on.

Paul

I think the point is that the front end has exactly the same set up on the 197! Ie the mythical revo knuckle is on both.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Very well put.

At least the 172 > 182 > 197 all looked vastly different to avoid being confused with either other and to mark the upgrade. Who can honestly say the same about the 197 > 200 jump? Compared with the other incarnations of the Clio Sports these 2 are basically twins to any passer by.

I'm sorry, but thats nonsense. The 200 looks quite different. The 172 and 182 looked identical.