ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The 519 197

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Yes indeed. Not going to be quite the same, but a similar setup. All about length, short runners kill torque

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Had a bit of time this afternoon. I've never really done much TIG or Aluminium welding, so taught myself with a cheap chinese machine, and a load of scrap ofcuts. This is the first thing I've made and I'm quite pleased really. Not about to win any prizes but it's strong and fairly tidy.

IMG_20130423_001314_zps373048b0.jpg

Cup In bits
That looks very tidy for a first time, very smooth but a bit wide.

Ally welds are wide though?

Looks good that Dan for a first attempt, hardly any undercut which is hard to achieve. Your ripples could be more uniformed but I would be happy. Was that tig you used or oxy acetylene?

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
TIG. Its thick to thin which is harder so I just chucked lots of filler rod at it which made welds a bit big but I've paid for worse lol

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Reminds me of something we knocked up in 2009 ;)

09102008044_zpsb02fdc7e.jpg

Got a fair way to go, ECU work hasn't even been started yet, but got some pretty cool tricks to incorporate

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
haha, I wish I could do CAD mate, have to rely on some very skilled friends for that, and design things in my head if I'm making things myself

Evo
Hope you finally get this into a production kit that goes on sale, ITBs really bring the mk3 alive on track!

I'll be keeping an eye on the thread, I'm sure it'll be a great project.

Its looks just like mine did when I got mine in standard form <3 RB I've also been thinking about trying the Laguna alloys, they are ET50 too compared to the 197 ET68 so a nice 18mm spacing out.

What drop do the springs give dan? They look perfect.

172 cup, Impreza P1
Had a bit of time this afternoon. I've never really done much TIG or Aluminium welding, so taught myself with a cheap chinese machine, and a load of scrap ofcuts. This is the first thing I've made and I'm quite pleased really. Not about to win any prizes but it's strong and fairly tidy.

IMG_20130423_001314_zps373048b0.jpg

Dan, how did you get the to go from round to oval? I need to do this so any tips appreciated.

Cup In bits
Machine something to go in one end of the pipe or a good fitting socket etc and then bend the other in a vice I'm guessing?!?

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
​Sounds a bit cave man style, but would work I guess.

Ugg

pretty much exactly as you said, just crush it a bit at a time in the vice until you get the desired shape. I tacked it together then adjusted a few areas with a hammer and drift

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Fitted some 25mm spacers this afternoon. Much happier with the way it sits and fills the arches now!

970300_507940462593113_599676869_n.jpg

486648_507940622593097_1180667435_n.jpg

946614_507940762593083_1659784854_n.jpg

971733_10152822035805150_936189955_n.jpg

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
They're H&R

I love it, some on 197 forum think 25mm is too much, I was considering another 5mm on the rear LOL

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Sort of. Nothing I can talk about too publicly yet unfortunately, but should be several instalments of progress in the next couple of months

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
LOL, no fisting?

I've got to hand the car over for CANbus coding to be done on the new ECU next week, which could take a while (its a massive undertaking)