ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Apple Watch Thread

eves

ClioSport Club Member
  An old banger!
2a4c1672257089152f7e77ddc83786fc.jpg

I've pre ordered the 42mm Nike watch. Released this Friday.

Hoping it'll get me back into running!!

Ocrlew

ClioSport Club Member
2a4c1672257089152f7e77ddc83786fc.jpg

I've pre ordered the 42mm Nike watch. Released this Friday.

Hoping it'll get me back into running!!
Let me know what you think! as ive 50/50 at min the get one! only thing that stopping me is that il wear it for tough mudder and all of those so not sure if it be able to stand up to the mud

eves

ClioSport Club Member
  An old banger!
Let me know what you think! as ive 50/50 at min the get one! only thing that stopping me is that il wear it for tough mudder and all of those so not sure if it be able to stand up to the mud

Will do mate. Delivery should be before 1pm today.

eves

ClioSport Club Member
  An old banger!
hows the watch?

Hey buddy.

The watch is proving to be a good bit of kit. Managed two runs so far. GPS is spot on and also finds the satellites very quickly.

Nice little gadget for work. Reading text messages in meetings - always a must haha

Ocrlew

ClioSport Club Member
Hey buddy.

The watch is proving to be a good bit of kit. Managed two runs so far. GPS is spot on and also finds the satellites very quickly.

Nice little gadget for work. Reading text messages in meetings - always a must haha
yeah still tempted but not sure it will hold up with being bashed by mud as that will be its main use

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
I fancy one but I never run, only ever cycle and tbh can't see me wearing it whilst cycling, are they worth it if not used for exercise?

boultonn

ClioSport Club Member
  Macan S
I fancy one but I never run, only ever cycle and tbh can't see me wearing it whilst cycling, are they worth it if not used for exercise?
Had my gen1 for about 18 months and if you use strava it's decent for tracking that. As for not doing exercise, it's really good for stuff like apple pay, remote for itunes on your computer, checking texts/whatsapp while driving, as well as the useful stuff you can get on the watch face (weather, date, timer etc.
Battery is still decent enough, can get 1 or 2 days depending on use

dk

911 GTS Cab
I used mine on a bike ride over the Golden Gate Bridge, worked perfectly, my phone didn't have any data but it logged all the gps points and then when I did have data the route was 100% accurate on the activity app.

Really impressed with it, use it daily for swimming too.

It's changed my life for exercising, I'm addicted to getting my rings completed each day, and the achievement badges encourage you also.

Probably one of the best things I've ever bought.

eves

ClioSport Club Member
  An old banger!
I would have to agree with DK - I wear my watch at work and its handy to check texts or notifications without having to get my phone out of my pocket.
I haven't worn any of my other watches since purchase!!

dk

911 GTS Cab
I would have to agree with DK - I wear my watch at work and its handy to check texts or notifications without having to get my phone out of my pocket.
I haven't worn any of my other watches since purchase!!
That's my only issue, I can't wear any of my other watches now as I need to fill my rings. I've got some expensive metal sitting around. I've considered wearing both, but I'll look like a dick.

eves

ClioSport Club Member
  An old banger!
That's my only issue, I can't wear any of my other watches now as I need to fill my rings. I've got some expensive metal sitting around. I've considered wearing both, but I'll look like a dick.

So I shouldn't be wearing my Milgauss on the other wrist? [emoji23][emoji23]

Reactions: dk

malcolmgt

ClioSport Club Member
  MK Golf GTI
DK how do you check achievements?

I love my apple watch 1, hate not wearing it. Couldn't live without it now.

SQ5
How scratch proof are these? I install home cinemas, so similar environment to an electrician. Worth it or will it just get ruined?

dk

911 GTS Cab
How scratch proof are these? I install home cinemas, so similar environment to an electrician. Worth it or will it just get ruined?
I haven't scratched mine, I work in server rooms, I've never scratched a phone screen either though, I'm fairly careful with my stuff

SQ5
I haven't scratched mine, I work in server rooms, I've never scratched a phone screen either though, I'm fairly careful with my stuff

I've never scratched my pain either and it gets put in holes in the ceiling, covered in plasterboard dust, dropped and it's always fine.

With a watch though it's always going to hit stuff when putting hands in small holes and AV racks too I think.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Agreed, I look after all of my stuff but a watch is so easily knocked around by accident, one of the reasons why I've not treated myself to a TAG yet.

eves

ClioSport Club Member
  An old banger!
I'm loving my Apple Watch and its worn everyday, I haven't worn another watch since purchase!

Although I don't seem to use it for much apart from checking the odd text message or sky news update.

Hopefully it'll be used more in the new year when I start up my running again.

Rowan - Mortgage Expert

ClioSport Trader
  Audi SQ5
I've just been offered an Apple Watch Series 1 for £150 (box, charger etc) - from a friend.
Image attached (if I've done it correctly), I'd prefer a black one but I believe you can buy watch face 'cases' so guessing I could get a black one, and I'd probably change the strap.

Wondering whether it's just worth buying the actual one I want rather than altering this one if I buy it...

15747997_1226303987451500_1870439963_o.jpg

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
I've just been offered an Apple Watch Series 1 for £150 (box, charger etc) - from a friend.
Image attached (if I've done it correctly), I'd prefer a black one but I believe you can buy watch face 'cases' so guessing I could get a black one, and I'd probably change the strap.

Wondering whether it's just worth buying the actual one I want rather than altering this one if I buy it...
I'd just get a space grey (not black) one if that's the colour you want, any fascia case will add bulk and look crap IMO, but that's a good price if it's in mint condition, without marks scratches.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
I got mine this week (earlier than expected), its still early days so far as I haven't been out of the house with it so far really, but I'm liking it.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
Anyone upgraded from gen1 to gen2.. cant really see much of a benefit.
Even the so called gen 1 gets the new dual core processor over the original model (which I presume you are calling a gen 1), so should perform tasks quicker than your current one, depends if you have any issues with sluggish performance?