ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Apple Watch Thread

boultonn

ClioSport Club Member
  Macan S
Unless you're a runner i'd not be too concerned about the LTE side of things. I have it but even at £5 a month i can't really see it being value for money.
Been on a chat with Apple for about 90 mins this morning as my watch won't pair with my X, so looks like i'll have to take it in, maybe they'll give me a series 3 if they can't fix it haha.
The cellular does somewhat appeal as I like running with just my watch and no phone, but EE's sim only plans are appalling value so I'm sticking with Three.

I still have the apple watch series 1, did the recent update and now i’m getting no feedback through the wrist just a little sound when it should do it.

Pretty pointless watch for me now as i only used it really for when my device is on silent.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Baller spec Apple Watch!

FLOL.

It’s the leather strap that makes it to be honest. Expensive for what it is though.

9de693f631829bbc145d2d0a9d318e3c.jpg

9b160cb3ab6529121e0860cf426f8f09.jpg

eves

ClioSport Club Member
  An old banger!
df4bc7523c1f3606ed6d4e70702764be.jpg

I want this strap for my series 2

I’m presuming these can’t be purchased separately?

boultonn

ClioSport Club Member
  Macan S
df4bc7523c1f3606ed6d4e70702764be.jpg

I want this strap for my series 2

I’m presuming these can’t be purchased separately?
I'd double check on the apple store,
They always used to sell straps separately, they were just usually depressingly expensive

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
FLOL.

It’s the leather strap that makes it to be honest. Expensive for what it is though.

It does look a lot more premium with that strap and stainless bezel, but I couldn’t justify the additional £££

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
It does look a lot more premium with that strap and stainless bezel, but I couldn’t justify the additional £££

Yeah, it’s not cheap.

Hermès leather is quite special though. £22k for an average bag. Not to be appreciated by all mind.

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Just googled that brand, didn’t realise a handbag would be that expensive! 😊

Standard silver Apple Watch for me with a third party leather strap. (Pauper spec) lol

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Got a series 2 nike edition recently off a mate for £100, loving it. Smart bit of kit!

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Just googled that brand, didn’t realise a handbag would be that expensive! 😊

Standard silver Apple Watch for me with a third party leather strap. (Pauper spec) lol

Lol it’ll be great mate. 99.9% spec without the additional cost.

I like the standard SS with white sport band. Still quite expensive at £699 though.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Yet to find a decent third party company for straps. All the usual ones are a bit tacky.

This German manufacturer is supposed to be really good...You can buy from Amazon.

https://www.bluestein.co.uk/collections/apple-watch

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B073WD4N43/?tag=cliospnet01-21

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B073WDDGTP/?tag=cliospnet01-21

I'm getting the dark leather one after payday.

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Didn't think I'd get on with the Apple Watch, but I have to admit I love it.

53593151761__D8FDD45E-5A94-4AAB-B311-07CF8F208D5E.JPG

And the Charger is a piece of art.

53593154323__FAC81D31-78A6-4F05-B944-D9978B84B922.JPG

Honda. Tesla Someday
Bought this and stuck it on the watch:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B077JKLQ72/?tag=cliospnet01-21

It’s not bad! The “glass” part of it doesn’t seem big enough by about a millimetre I guess, and it does make it look like there is a glass rectangle cut out where your screen is (without it the Apple Watch glass is seamless).

Not bad but not amazing. Still better than scratching the actual watch though and at a glance you don’t even notice it’s on there.

What case do others recommend? I also want a black metal strap. :eek:penmouth:

Last edited by a moderator:
  Honda. Tesla Someday
Bought this and stuck it on the watch:

[For Series 3] SUPTMAX Apple Watch Screen Protector, Apple Watch Series 3 Screen Protector [Soft Frame Edge] [Full Adhesive] Full Coverage Carbon Fiber Screen Protector Apple Watch 42MM (42MM, Black) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B077JKLQ72/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_qiOrAb7WVDTCQ

It’s not bad! The “glass” part of it doesn’t seem big enough by about a millimetre I guess, and it does make it look like there is a glass rectangle cut out where your screen is (without it the Apple Watch glass is seamless).

Not bad but not amazing. Still better than scratching the actual watch though and at a glance you don’t even notice it’s on there.

What case do others recommend? I also want a black metal strap. :eek:penmouth:

Looks like that link isn’t working - so here it is again:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B077JKLQ72/?tag=cliospnet01-21

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Amazon links don’t seem to work properly, anyway I’m not bothering with a screen protector they all look a bit naff.

I have bought myself a leather strap which I think goes quite well with the silver watch.

832DD228-0366-4D00-B977-88A1961DAAB6.jpeg

Honda. Tesla Someday
Amazon links don’t seem to work properly, anyway I’m not bothering with a screen protector they all look a bit naff.

I have bought myself a leather strap which I think goes quite well with the silver watch.

View attachment 1351012

Ooooo that’s sexy!

Link to where you got it from?

I’ve looked at so many straps but every single one has horror stories of breaking and then in turn ruining the watch somehow. I don’t want to pay Apple a few hundred £’s for a nice strap either.

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Ooooo that’s sexy!

Link to where you got it from?

I’ve looked at so many straps but every single one has horror stories of breaking and then in turn ruining the watch somehow. I don’t want to pay Apple a few hundred £’s for a nice strap either.

Amazon, it seems to fit to the Watch just fine and it’s very comfortable.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B076H3RB3X/?tag=cliospnet01-21

I’ve got a stainless one too but I’ve been told to keep an eye on it as it has a tendency to fall apart.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Provided you get the stainless steel one it's pretty tough. I've bashed/battered mine off of so many sharp, rusty hard edges in work and its still unmarked.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
I have a boggo series 3, and it’s unmarked in about 6 months. Been hit a fair few times too

M2 Comp
Hi all, bit of a random post, but basically I decided to start selling Apple Watch straps online as a bit of a hobby and I am just looking for some feedback from people who had bought similar products / have an Apple Watch.

Firstly, I just want to make it clear this is not a sales post, I just wanted to get some feedback, but if this is not allowed apologies mods and please delete.

So I have a leather strap that I sent away for some pro photos but I'm not if I made a bit of a mistake with the colour of the leather, so would just be grateful of a few peoples feedback on the colour, style, etc.

I don't know if it's just me as its not 100% to my taste, so would appreciate any comments (good or bad).

Thanks
Tom

Apple watch strap - 3-4 front.jpgApple watch strap - 3-4 rear v3.jpgApple watch strap - back.jpg

Just click on thumbnails for full size images.

M2 Comp
I really like that actually!
Do you have a link to the sales site?

Thanks for the feedback Marc. I have sent you a link through PM.

Any other feedback would be really appreciated, and I would like to stress again I genuinely am just looking to hear peoples thoughts, I'm not here to make sales.

Honda. Tesla Someday
Thanks for the feedback Marc. I have sent you a link through PM.

Any other feedback would be really appreciated, and I would like to stress again I genuinely am just looking to hear peoples thoughts, I'm not here to make sales.

Could you PM the link too? Happy to provide feedback as well. I often test products for various companies. Cheers