ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Apple Watch Thread

malcolmgt

ClioSport Club Member
  MK Golf GTI
When are they releasing a new one, I didn't want the 4 as I have the 3 but a 5 I could be tempted..

boultonn

ClioSport Club Member
  Macan S
Apple Watch is mid cycle so probably another 6 months before S5.
I’d defo look at a Series 4, they’re so much nicer to user than S0-3 with the bigger screen and spec bump. As above the ECG app is handy and they all have GPS so good for running and cycling without your phone.

MK2 PH2 1.2 16V
I really want one as been exercising a lot more lately, would use it for golf etc. I might go for a series 4 on payday. Should I go for NIke+ instead? If I am right in thinking only the faces are different and the band? I'd probably end up buying a new band anyway sooner rather than later.

charltjr

ClioSport Club Member
There's a Nike+ app too. I went for it just because I preferred the band.

I got a refurbished 3 - it's a decent saving and with Apple refurb stuff you can't tell it's not brand new and it comes with the same warranty. Worth a look if you're not 100% sure on it and don't want to splash out for a 4 straight away: https://www.apple.com/uk/shop/refurbished/watch

I love mine, some of the best money I ever spent.

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
If she’s not fussed on the absolute latest tech you can pick up a Series 3 for £199 brand new.

Cupra
A bit late to the party, but I've just ordered the 6 with a Nike sport strap as I'll mostly be using it for sport. Any recommendations on a third party leather or steel strap that won't break the bank?

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
My 18 month old sport loop has started to fray, and I intend to keep this watch for another 36 months or so. Anyone tried a s**t fake copy off eBay?

Are they worth a go for under a fiver or going to be complete tosh?

boultonn

ClioSport Club Member
  Macan S
Cant speak for the leather watch strap, but seeing this thread reminds me how good a product the Apple Watch is in these times - my series 4 is 2 years old and the battery is still superb, feel no pressure to upgrade, it just works, compared to Many other products (including iphones)

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
the Apple Watch never really interested me, after seeing the latest version i was impresse. I looked on Apple website they have the 6, SE and 3 up for sale. Why isn’t Apple selling 5 on their site, is their not much difference between 5 and 6 spec wise and price difference?

boultonn

ClioSport Club Member
  Macan S
the Apple Watch never really interested me, after seeing the latest version i was impresse. I looked on Apple website they have the 6, SE and 3 up for sale. Why isn’t Apple selling 5 on their site, is their not much difference between 5 and 6 spec wise and price difference?
S4, 5 and 6 are so similar that no one would buy a 6 if you could get a new S4 for like £100 less.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Where would you recommend on getting a new 4 or 5 from. Amazon? Need to be careful of copies like. There’s loads of stuff going cheap on eBay and Facebook on AirPods still sealed some of them

boultonn

ClioSport Club Member
  Macan S
Where would you recommend on getting a new 4 or 5 from. Amazon? Need to be careful of copies like. There’s loads of stuff going cheap on eBay and Facebook on AirPods still sealed some of them
Not really sure tbh, Amazon will be a safe bet - could also look at Apple refurbished, there’s plenty of S4 and 5 on there.

charltjr

ClioSport Club Member
Normally I’d say apple refurb too, but the pricing is nonsense at the moment. An SE is a better deal, or if you want a really cheap one a series 3.

Amazon is only 100% safe if buying direct from Amazon IMO, although they will at least make sure you get your money back if it turns out you bought a dud from a marketplace seller.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Going to get a S6 either from Apple or John Lewis. 44mm, non cellular, space grey with black strap. Not bothering with the Nike sports strap, got one on my S3 so I fancy just a normal strap.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Can anyone help..

I would like a 40mm series 6 in space grey, or space black, aluminium case with a black sports band (not the other random ones). I don’t get why they’ve listed them as they have, instead of model, then pick colour, pick wristband.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I’d scroll down until you get to the “design studio” and use that, I found it much easier than mucking around with their other options.

I’ve seen that but all seem to be Nike, with the sports band with holes in it. So annoying!

charltjr

ClioSport Club Member
I think you’ve scrolled too far and gone into the design studio for the Nike watches.

425C8D4F-9A71-458B-B1A3-38FD12D4AB8B.png

Click save and you’re sorted...
9DA74DF2-1A7A-437C-B8B7-375B01435892.png

Gman

ClioSport Club Member
  Mt10 Zx6r golf tdi
Ordered myself a SE today, I was looking at the 6 to start with but then saw just how close the SE spec is for my needs, ended up with a 40mm cellular for £319, surprised myself going cellular but I think it will come in quite handy. Pick it up Wednesday, just hope I’ve picked the right size strap!!

I'm in 2 minds about upgrading in a few months and donating my Series 3 to the wife. Like others have said, the battery life is still impressive even after owning it for 3 years and charging every night.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
Just upgraded from a 42mm Nike Series 3 to a 44mm Nike SE, both space grey models.

My main gripe with the S3 was the lack of storage, I kept having to delete stuff to be able to do software updates, annoying. The SE has 4 times the storage (32gb vs 8gb) so that will no longer be an issue.

First impressions of the SE, liking the bigger screen, ceramic back is nice, there are loads more watch faces to pick from too, battery life seems to be the same, the S3 had no obvious decline in battery life over the 2+ years I had it and it was worn daily. Does a few more things as well, compass, noise monitoring, fall detection, etc, plus it runs a bit quicker, but again the S3 was still good enough IMO, just wanted something shiny & new LOL.

Paid £275 for the GPS model from Currys last week, that's cheap IMO.

Just upgraded from a 42mm Nike Series 3 to a 44mm Nike SE, both space grey models.

My main gripe with the S3 was the lack of storage, I kept having to delete stuff to be able to do software updates, annoying. The SE has 4 times the storage (32gb vs 8gb) so that will no longer be an issue.

First impressions of the SE, liking the bigger screen, ceramic back is nice, there are loads more watch faces to pick from too, battery life seems to be the same, the S3 had no obvious decline in battery life over the 2+ years I had it and it was worn daily. Does a few more things as well, compass, noise monitoring, fall detection, etc, plus it runs a bit quicker, but again the S3 was still good enough IMO, just wanted something shiny & new LOL.

Paid £275 for the GPS model from Currys last week, that's cheap IMO.
£275 is a tempting price.

I can honestly agree that updating the software is the single most annoying thing of the S3. Battery as well is pretty decent, mine gets charged every night regardless and still reports a maximum capacity of 100% (not sure how true that is).

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
£275 is a tempting price.

I can honestly agree that updating the software is the single most annoying thing of the S3. Battery as well is pretty decent, mine gets charged every night regardless and still reports a maximum capacity of 100% (not sure how true that is).

Mine was reporting 100% battery capacity too and was nearly 3 years old, so I was sceptical.

But having now had the SE for a couple of weeks and wearing daily, there's no discernible difference in battery life compared to the Series 3, they're pretty much the same between charges.

It is faster, does more and the larger display is nice, so for the money I think the SE is brilliant TBH.

Mine was reporting 100% battery capacity too and was nearly 3 years old, so I was sceptical.

But having now had the SE for a couple of weeks and wearing daily, there's no discernible difference in battery life compared to the Series 3, they're pretty much the same between charges.

It is faster, does more and the larger display is nice, so for the money I think the SE is brilliant TBH.
Still very tempted to upgrade but it's a bit more difficult to click buy after upgrading to a 12 Pro Max 😅

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I have just got a series 3, one massive thing is bugging me, actually the strap is too, as it’s so hard to put on. But anyway, is there anyway to
Make my phone notifications go off as well as the watch?

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
As in a sound? No, I looked into this for a long time because my previous non-AW smart watch did it. Bit annoying but you get used to it.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
As in a sound? No, I looked into this for a long time because my previous non-AW smart watch did it. Bit annoying but you get used to it.

That’s ridiculous, as all my other watches I’ve had do it. Might actually sell the watch if I can’t get my phone and watch to go off together.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Why do you want them to go off together? I don’t think I’ve ever not had my phone on silent!

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Why do you want them to go off together? I don’t think I’ve ever not had my phone on silent!

Yeah but that’s the point, the phone doesn’t even vibrate or light up. The watch is barely noticeable if you’re out and about.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
You should be able to get the actual notifications to come up on the screen on the phone, but it won't play a sound. I guess their point is, if you have the watch on, why do you need the phone to tell you that you have a message as well?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
You should be able to get the actual notifications to come up on the screen on the phone, but it won't play a sound. I guess their point is, if you have the watch on, why do you need the phone to tell you that you have a message as well?

I can’t, phone doesn’t do a thing. Well mainly because my phone lights up, vibrates, makes a noise, where as the watch if you’re moving about is arguably not that noticeable.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
You telling me i you have a notification on your watch it doesn't show up on the phone?

Reactions: DrR

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
You telling me i you have a notification on your watch it doesn't show up on the phone?

Yep, phone doesn’t do a thing, doesn’t light up, vibrate or anything. Nothing can be done from looking on Google.