ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Apple Watch Thread

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Surprised you still have the s3 you apple whoooore!

Ha, yeah I've just not seen the need to upgrade it really. Same with the phone, I still have the XS Max now it's out of contract.

Mobile devices are so good these days that I really have to see a marked improvement to warrant that extra cash... either that or I've become a bit more sensible in my old age. :ROFLMAO: I still don't mind spunking money on new hardware though, the M1 MBP is a proper bit of kit, I love it.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Yep, phone doesn’t do a thing, doesn’t light up, vibrate or anything. Nothing can be done from looking on Google.

Mine does... weird. Have you got 'Mirror my iPhone' turned on in the Apple Watch notifications?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Ha, yeah I've just not seen the need to upgrade it really. Same with the phone, I still have the XS Max now it's out of contract.

Mobile devices are so good these days that I really have to see a marked improvement to warrant that extra cash... either that or I've become a bit more sensible in my old age. :ROFLMAO: I still don't mind spunking money on new hardware though, the M1 MBP is a proper bit of kit, I love it.
Shocked! An xs max!!! FFS topher! @Tom will be rolling in his clean lined aluminium grave.

It's true though. My daughter's XR is a brilliant phone.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Shocked! An xs max!!! FFS topher! @Tom will be rolling in his clean lined aluminium grave.

It's true though. My daughter's XR is a brilliant phone.
Actually I had a x for 4 years. Only recently got a 12 mini.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3
thinking of swapping my garmin fenix for an apple watch - 44mm SE

anyone got one? seems like the best one to go for features and value wise.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3
So I got my se from Amazon. Won’t turn on. When I charge it I get the green charging symbol and when I remove it and press the side button it just turns red. I’ve charged it for 4 hours. I’ve tried the reset by holding the crown and side button but nothing ? Is it fucked ?

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
thinking of swapping my garmin fenix for an apple watch - 44mm SE

anyone got one? seems like the best one to go for features and value wise.

Yeah, I got an SE last year when they came out, upgraded from a Series 3 and had and original before that, so this is my 3rd Apple Watch.

No complaints, liking the larger screen and does everything I need, not bothered about ECG or blood O2, so went SE over a Series 6.

So I got my se from Amazon. Won’t turn on. When I charge it I get the green charging symbol and when I remove it and press the side button it just turns red. I’ve charged it for 4 hours. I’ve tried the reset by holding the crown and side button but nothing ? Is it fucked ?

Sounds like it (n)

malcolmgt

ClioSport Club Member
  MK Golf GTI
Has anyone upgraded to the new model, slightly larger screen isn't it?

Wondered if anything apart from that was worth it.

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
Thinking about getting an Apple Watch for the girlfriend this Chirstmas as she has made many comments about mine and the fact she doesn't like her FitBit (tbh her FitBit isn't really a watch, it is just a bracelet with a pedometer in it that syncs to your phone).
I got an Apple Watch SE last October when they came out, mainly to use with Apple Fitness+. I was going to get the same, or maybe the 2021 version. However the cost of it will really annoy her as she is worried about being able to "match prices" on gifts when to me a gift is about the thought an not the price so she could get me a case of nice beers for £10 and I would be porperly made up. I don't want her to resent it because of it. So I have seen they are still selling the Series 3 for £169. Has any one got one and does it still work with Apple Fitness+ ? From what I can see it does as long as it has WatchOS >7.2.
Is it too outdated and not worth it in the long run? As I think she would want to use the Apple Fitness too as she has mentioned that it sounds good from what I have told her about it.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Has anyone upgraded to the new model, slightly larger screen isn't it?

Wondered if anything apart from that was worth it.
I have a Series 7 (45mm) in order from Apple, should apparently arrive next week. Will let you know how it is, I smashed my Series 3 by dropping it down stairs, I’m curious to see how different it is.

Akay

ClioSport Club Member
  Clubman Cooper S
Toying between one of these and a nice automatic watch for the wife. I think she would get more use out of an Apple Watch though.

Is the Series 7 worth the premium over the SE?

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Toying between one of these and a nice automatic watch for the wife. I think she would get more use out of an Apple Watch though.

I’m not an expert, but I think you’ll get updates etc for longer on the 7.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Really depends if she needs the ECG & blood O2 features, I decided I did not and went with the SE, still happy with it after 18 months

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
I’m not an expert, but I think you’ll get updates etc for longer on the 7.
The SE is effectively a 6 with a couple of features missing, but seeing as they're still supporting from 3 & up, support/updates won't end for a few years yet.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
Really depends if she needs the ECG & blood O2 features, I decided I did not and went with the SE, still happy with it after 18 months

Oh and get the Nike Edition, same price as the normal one, but nicer straps (IMO), more watch faces & features and better re-sale value.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Been thinking of getting my 1st Apple Watch not for everyday use but for exercise or out on the mtb. As I don’t want to have my iPhone 13 Pro in my shorts pocket . Having the Apple Watch be ideal for time or messages. what do you recommend on what series I should look at. I’ll only be wearing it for exercise

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
If you don’t plan on taking your phone out with you then you’ll want a cellular version. Maybe look at an older used/refurbished version if you’re not sure you’ll use it.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
i don’t mind loosing the messages and all the functions like that. I’d rather not go down the cellular route. If I don’t take the phone out just the watch , what functions can I have ? All the functions ie not cellular?

charltjr

ClioSport Club Member
You won’t be able to do anything that requires accessing the internet or the phone - so no messaging, calls, navigation, maps, etc

It will still work fine as an activity/workout tracker and for apple pay.

Reactions: Ben

SharpyClio

ClioSport Club Member
I got the Apple Watch 5 cellular a few years ago, I do like the cellular features as if I forget my phone it’s not really an issue as I can still pay for everything and send and receive messages and take calls. I wasn’t sure if use it but I rarely take it off. I’d get the cellular one again.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
Spotted on HUKD that Argos are doing the Series 7's cheap, you can get a 45mm in dark green for £308, in black or silver for £329 and the Nike edition models in silver/white for £319 or black for £329.

Tempted by this I accidentally bought a Nike one in black (aka midnight) yesterday, just got it setup today, need to have a play to see what's different.

Will be selling my SE if anyone is interested, it's the 2020 model, 44mm Nike Edition in space grey, not a mark on it, it's genuinely mint.

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
How are the batteries holding out in everyone’s watches?
I’ve got an SE I bought in 2020 and these past few days the battery has been awful. I don’t wear it at work but leave it in a locker next to my phone. Left for work and it was on 78% and 7hrs later it’s on 48% and that is doing nothing. When I went to sleep last night and it was 100% and it dropped to 78% in line 6 hrs.

The only thing different is that I have a new phone. Since then I have noticed a markable drop in battery performance. But nearly 3 years old I thought they would be better. I really don’t want to have to get a new one.

I know I will be pushing it to track a days hike in Scotland when I go in October, even if the battery life was good.

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
I have just changed my original Apple Watch from 2015 to an Ultra. The battery in my old one was still only doing about a day of life, but then that’s all it ever managed and it never got any worse!

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
I’ve recently got a Series 8 Cellular so can’t comment on the battery life other than I get the feeling it’ll do almost 2 days if needed, but I’m also not a heavy user.

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
Mines the new 8 series. If I fully charge it, then wear it all day and all night, it’ll still have charge the next morning, but by lunchtime it’ll die on me. So I just wear it all day, then charge overnight.