ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The benefit of decent fuel, hard driving, and lots of miles

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
DSCN0131_zps297fc076.jpg

Lower curve was from a year ago, 19k miles having been driven mostly by the original OAP owners (so likely never seen over 3k rpm) and no doubt on standard 95 fuel.

Upper curve is from today...I've spent the last year putting 22k more miles on it (a daily 50 mile beasting on deserted country A and B roads), given it 4 trackdays, and a nice diet of 99 RON fuel.

185 bhp becomes 196 bhp.

:approve:

I pity Renaultsport Clios that do low miles and never do trackdays...they'll never realise their full potential.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Similar to our 225, ran 231 weeks after we got it, a year later, same rollers, similar weather, 243bhp. Care for them and kick their heads in and they just get better!

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Good results.
Are torque curves always like that on 197/200's?
Similar to curve on a rs2 1*2 by the looks of it.

SQ5
Always found the high miler F4Rs seem to of loosened up nicely and have good figures. Seems they take about 100k to fully wear into the book figures!

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Always found the high miler F4Rs seem to of loosened up nicely and have good figures. Seems they take about 100k to fully wear into the book figures!

Well, I'll be back there every year for a RR run while I own it and that's likely to be for at least another 3 or 4 years, so I should end up with a nice chart showing year on year gains as the miles pile on.

One day it might even make the claimed 200 LOL