ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Best brake / brake kit upgrade to get !?

Italian 3.2 V6
Need to fit 15" wheels and look smart (grooved or drilled) plain smooth disks look s**t.

Are ktecs home made gear any good!?

Was looking at the front brembo max grooved disks ktec do with ferrodos n braided lines...

Is of worth upgrading rear disks!? Or just pads n braided lines!?

Haven't traked my car and hardly will.. Jut for the fast b-road driving mainly ;)

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
I Run brembo HC discs front and OEM discs rear with DS2500 all round, Great set up.... As for the comment "Smooth discs look s**t", as far as Brakes are concerned Looks = Nothing if they dont stop you quick enough, Id rather have naff looking set up that works that a Bling set up thats Pap when i want to pull up quickly.

Italian 3.2 V6
I Run brembo HC discs front and OEM discs rear with DS2500 all round, Great set up.... As for the comment "Smooth discs look s**t", as far as Brakes are concerned Looks = Nothing if they dont stop you quick enough, Id rather have naff looking set up that works that a Bling set up thats Pap when i want to pull up quickly.

lol thats just a personal opinion lol... but are the brembo max grooved ones not better than the brembo hc disks!?

and braided lines.. which are best.. are ktecs good enough compared to others!?

i wont bother with rears if they arnt worth doing.

Clio 182 Trophy
I have Brembo Max grooved disks on the front with Goodridge Braided lines and Mintex 1155 Pads all around, and Castrol dot4 fluid. Its a very good setup, a hell of alot better than standard. Brembo grooved disks offer slightly better cooling than the HC disks as the grooves draw in air between the disks and pads, also better at dispersing water.

SQ5
Grooved discs are s**t and eat your pads.

Brembo HC's and DS2500 Fronts
Standard Discs and Pads Rear

DONE

330Ci (Fail)Sport
I'm running standard disks and rear pads, front DS2500 and braided lines with Castrol dot 4. I've been bedding the pads in this week and they stop so hard, and best bit is you can tell they're going to get better still. As they get warmer, you can feel them get better and better, can't wait to track the car now! Mine only squeek if they've not been used much on the journey.

If you want to go on a fast drive, its worth warming them up imo, much better bite but still good when cold and braking moderately I've found.

Italian 3.2 V6
how much quicker do grooved disks eat the pads... like loads or just abit quicker!?

who does this stuff cheapest!?

106 GTI
The brembo and ds2500 is tried and tested and the most popular combo, just bite the bullet and pay up.

Or you can always go standard nout wrong with it

Italian 3.2 V6
Gona go for..
-goodridge braided lines
-brembo max grooved disks
-ferodo ds2500 pads
-dot4 fluid to suit..

Hope it's well worth the money :)

Just trying to find cheapest place to buy it all from ;)

Any ideas of cheapest place!?

Italian 3.2 V6
Pm'd fred earlier so just waiting to hear off him.

..so far ktec is just the cheapest and that's only due to the poo 5% discount they give.. Still searching tho...

106 GTI
Pm'd fred earlier so just waiting to hear off him.

..so far ktec is just the cheapest and that's only due to the poo 5% discount they give.. Still searching tho...

Could be waiting a while for a reply as he goes by his emails nt pm's

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
any1 used ta.rox gear ?

I run Tarox G88 grooved front discs, oem rear discs, ds2500s all round, braided lines and castrol fluid. At Cadwell brakes still felt good after staying out for 20 minutes and I didn't suffer from any fade the whole day. Haven't had any problems with normal road use either.