ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Black Pearl.

BBS and Lowws...
Hey guys, quite new to this forum, and am planning on modifying my car in a number of ways. Just recently passed my test and got a 1.2 16v Dynamique
which runs really well and am very pleased with it. Thought I would upload a few pics taken just a moment ago for you all to see the progress so far.

Plans for the future will be lowering, exhaust, lights, etc. Whilst taking the these pictures I thought it might be a good idea to get a nice side view, and as
I am a keen photoshopper, I decided I would have a quick experiment and see what the lowering would come out like. I was aiming for -60mm drop, but still
not sure whether to go for springs or coilovers. Probably going down the coilovers route due to the fact that I really liked a clio on here which had an -80mm
drop. In which coilovers would suit that perfectly, and also realising that for that kind of drop you would need a reasonably good suspension set so that you
don't f**k up the transmission.

Anyway, below are the photos of my car and the bottom one being the photoshopped lowered version, I guessed, and reckon that is what -60mm would
roughly look like, correct me if I'm wrong. Come to think of it, I also recently changed over the side indicators from the basic, standard orange to a more
elegant black, which flows with the car better, giving it a sleeker look. Sorry for the pictures being taken so late, but didn't have much time after work and
by the time I get home it always tends to be getting dark, and so managed to get some nice sunset pictures. As I am quite new to most of this modding
and everything I may be asking some basic, some not so basic questions concerning modding ;)

DSC01381.png

DSC01377.png

DSC01379.png

DSC01383.png

DSC01382.png

Black Backed Headlights - recently bought these black back headlights off 172bruce which where originally from a 172 Cup, really good seller, great buy,
still waiting for them to arrive but here is a picture taken from the original thread.

IMG_3977.jpg

Philips Silver Vision Indicator Bulbs - as you can see from the picture they originally come with the orange bulbs, which don't really look very pleasing
so after reading a little bit about them thought it would be a good idea to buy some 'Philips Silver Vision Indicator Bulbs', which if you haven't heard about
or seen before then I would definately say to get some, they aren't very expensive and make the lights look a lot better.

384philips silver vision new 200pix.jpg

"The Philips Silver Vision Indicator Bulbs are the invisible solution. The latest trend among car designers is to have clear light fitments. The new Phillips
SilverVision will round off the front and rear design of your car: the cool and stylish look which car designers desire to produce with all silvered headlamp
module is taken to perfection by replacing the amber coloured indicator bulb with the new Philips SilverVision. SilverVision produces an amber colour light
when lit and features a mirror surface when switched off. If your car has an orange / amber single function indicator bulb then the Philips Silver Vision
light bulb will fit."

And if anyone is interested in buying some, here is where I bought them from: http://www.care4car.com/productdisplay/productid/60/Philips_Silver_Vision_Indicator_Bulbs.html

I have recently been looking into lowering springs and am not completely sure which ones to invest in. I want to go LOW, I mean 60-80mm drop, and
therefore have been advised that coilovers would be the best option due to the fact that the seem to handle a lot better and don't tend to ruin anything.
Besides from this, I was wondering if anyone could help me out, as you can see I have a 1.2 16v Clio Dynamique and was wondering which exact coilovers
to get. I have recentlt been looking at these ones and am not too sure whether they will one, fit my car, and two, the right quality and make I should get.
Could anyone possibly help me out?

FK Highsport Coilovers - here is the link for the coilovers I have been looking at and the bottom of that page you can see the different sizes needed for
the specific clio. Here is the link to the website:

[url]http://www.venommotorsport.com/manufacturer_product.php?manufacturer=FK&category=suspension&product=HighsportCoilovers&make=Renault&model=Clio

[/URL]Below is a photoshop of roughly what I believe -60mm drop would do, correct me if I'm wrong.
I will probably want to go down about 80mm, so coilovers would be the way forwards.

LoweredPhotoshop.png

Sportex 3" Exhaust Performance Backbox - the exhaust is something that I have always wanted and I want a small exhaust but something that definitely
roars, it will make the car sound a lot better. I am still waiting for this to arrive in the post. I will hopefully get it sometime this week and then I can get it
fitted as soon as possible. Not too sure how much this exhaust will affect possible lowering? Will have to come to that when it happens, but at this stage I
am still waiting for it to arrive in the post and when it comes I will post up the pictures. Also as it only being 3", I doubt it will stand out that much so dont
think I will have too much of an issue ;)

Comments welcome.

Attachments

• IMG_3977.jpg
    IMG_3977.jpg
    295.5 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:
  MK3 GTI golf 16v
the alloys are horrendous, get rid of them and youve got something nice to start on

RS6 C7
I have fk highsports, just sold them, Fantastic coilovers to be honest. Get some decent wheels and you will be on to a winner. The picture you have is nowhere near -80mm, looks more like a 40mm drop, This is mine with the rear adjusters removed and a bit left on the front. You need to descide what style you want to go for, I went with a euro style (kind of) but im loving the renaultsport reps lately.
cliooo.jpg

BBS and Lowws...
the alloys are horrendous, get rid of them and youve got something nice to start on

Yeah I know, I need to change them. I really like the ones you had on that post just dont know which ones they where, you got an exact link? I don't really want to be spending too much on them.

I have fk highsports, just sold them, Fantastic coilovers to be honest. Get some decent wheels and you will be on to a winner. The picture you have is nowhere near -80mm, looks more like a 40mm drop, This is mine with the rear adjusters removed and a bit left on the front. You need to descide what style you want to go for, I went with a euro style (kind of) but im loving the renaultsport reps lately.

I want to go for the same style as that. Really like that look, but I am unsure on what mods/things I need to get. I need to sort out the wheels, I know that, just have no idea what to get because I don't have a big budget. Anyone help me out with what mods/things I might wanna do/get if I want to go for this 'Euro' style?

BBS and Lowws...
Get the fk highsports and some deep dish alloys ;) Just look through the forum and ebay for wheels.

I am unsure on which exact ones to buy. Here's the link: http://www.venommotorsport.com/manufacturer_product.php?manufacturer=FK&category=suspension&product=HighsportCoilovers&make=Renault&model=Clio

Which ones from that list do you reckon I would need. Would I pick: Renault Clio 1.2i, 16v Phase 2 B (09.98-09.05)

I
f so, would you reckon that £385 is a good price or should I look elsewhere?

RS6 C7
Very good price and thats the right one. Ring them up and make sure you ask for the ones with the 58mm bolt spacing.

BBS and Lowws...
Very good price and thats the right one. Ring them up and make sure you ask for the ones with the 58mm bolt spacing.

I am about to purchase these. Do you reckon they are the exact same. They have been used but in good quality. They are for a 1.2 Clio 16v with the 58mm spacing. You reckon I should get them?

IMG-20110819-00517.jpg

BBS and Lowws...
what alloys would you guys recommend. not really too sure if i want deep dish alloys. what do you think of these:

IMG_9446.jpg

BBS and Lowws...
After ordering my exhaust from Sportex, it finally arrived today, it was alright service. I am pleased with it either way:

IMG_12061.jpg

2014 Clio 200t edc
I went for a stealth exhaust aster getting bored of the stupid one I fitted before (a big pipe out the rear)
Much better, sounded nice and wasn't in your face.

MK3 GTI golf 16v
  MK3 GTI golf 16v
Yeah I have the blue, the strip is tiny and darker than the picture, you barely see it. Look at my pictures and you'll see how subtle it is

BBS and Lowws...
Obtained some Team Dynamics ProRace 1.2s 16" in black off adam172. Good price and really pleased with the quality. Putting some standard tyres on
them in a few weeks when I get enough money together. Here is a pick of the alloy change and to see what they look like on the back. Can't leave them
on because they are race tyres, and can't afford to get stopped for them. Anyway, had a quick clean before hand, god old snow foam - does the job.
First picture is of the clean and the rest are of the wheel change.

IMG_1239.jpg

92fb493b.jpg

IMG_1238.jpg

IMG_1241.jpg

Comments welcome ;)

BBS and Lowws...
Are you some kind of monumental r****d? please hammerite them drums or spray them black!

I am painting the drums at the back black because they look disgusting in that red and then I will paint the front calipers red. The front ones are already red but need re doing. They are starting to fade, doesn't look to good ;)

How much would the colour coding cost from that place, I literally have no money at the moment ;(

Clio 172
I am painting the drums at the back black because they look disgusting in that red and then I will paint the front calipers red. The front ones are already red but need re doing. They are starting to fade, doesn't look to good ;)

How much would the colour coding cost from that place, I literally have no money at the moment ;(

Thank god! wish you the best of luck with the car it is looking nice! and it would set you back quiet alot i would not bother with a 1.2 and attempt to try it yourself

BBS and Lowws...
Quick update. Going for the black and white look. So going to colour code.

At the moment side stripes are going to be sent off and will be painted black, whereas I am painting both of the diamonds
and the clio badge white. I will post pictures of the the finished product soon ;)

IMG_1300.jpg

IMG_1297-1.jpg

IMG_1298.jpg

And the exhaust is fitted. Dont really like it sitting below the bumper so gunna have it cut into the bumper by the end of the week ;)

IMG_1301.jpg

IMG_1302.jpg

BBS and Lowws...
Looking good Buddy the new alloys make a huge difference

Not sure whether that was a question or not. I havent fitted the new alloys yet. But I'm going down the black and white look so having the TD Pro Race 1.2's sprayed white.

Shoudl be good hopefully. I will get some pictures of the colour coding soon ;)

BBS and Lowws...
Will look good mate, your have to get yourself along to the meet in November so we can see it :)

Yeah, hopefully. If its all finished I will. Dont have much time at the moment, but I'll get a LOT of mods/etc done next week, so should be good ;)

BlackGold 182
Good ill look forward to seeing it! Twiztid would be interested in seeing it too as both have same exhausts

BBS and Lowws...
Yeah, I've spoken to him about the exhaust and we both seem to be pleased with them. Getting the slash cut and the carbon fibre exhaust surround all fitted on friday ;)