ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The blue sleeper Dacia\Renault Logan

Dacia Logan 172
Hey guys!
My name is Alex i'm from Romania and i own a Dacia Logan.I read a lot of interesting topics here,i learn a lot of thing so i decided to post my modest car here.The reason I made this topic is that I bought a clio rs 172 engine that I will mount on my car.
At the base car has:
- power sterring
- 2 electric windows
- A.C
Engine is K7J 1.4 8v 75hp
Few pics from 2009 when i bought car
IesZjZ.jpg

45MDgY.jpg

E1ID8g.jpg

I hope not to bother anyone with this topic since the car is not Clio

Dacia Logan 172
Cool sleeper. Like the idea.

When will you be fitting the engine?
If all are good on next wednesday i start the work on it.First I have to do with the old engine technical inspection. In Romania engine change is prohibited you can put only engines wich car comes out from factory,in my case maximum is K4M 1.6 16v 105hp.

Dacia Logan 172
Changed old bilstein B8 shocks and H&R springs with KW v1 inoxline coilovers,suspension is provided with adjustment for camber at front.
New rims ATS DTC (superlight) diameter 15' width 7 et 35 5,4kg. Sandblasted and powder coated equipped with Toyo Proxes T1R tires 195/50
7RmgXH.jpg

z9h5H8.jpg

EfJzTj.jpg

VU7uHs.jpg

oFTJTC.jpg

Dacia Logan 172
I went from normal stud at H&R bolt nut system and 15mm hubcentric spacers allaround also i changed old steering wheel with new one from Sparco

fqg6cO.jpg

p4WLmv.jpg

cc4OI8.jpg

2b7oHB.jpg

Dacia Logan 172
It's an interesting car and nice to see something different! Look forward to updates [emoji5]

What's the chassis based on? Is it a clio chassis? These dacia cars aren't well known in UK.

Dacia is one of the largest car manufacturers in Romania.Since 1999 Renault bought the brand and all cars today named Dacia have 90% Renault parts.
Logan is made on the chassis of Clio also have same brake system,engines and many many parts.To continue my story
Clio rear discs instead of drums sorry about the dirt
c6pmfd.jpg

OEM headlights and a new front bumper grille from Dacia exterior kit
v3MPM9.jpg

Washing up
jBtbWU.jpg

With her sister
8JaLcp.jpg

Dacia Logan 172
I canceled the trunk lock and took out all badges.
before
E1ID8g.jpg

after

BctLHH.jpg

Few photos from this winter and little boy waiting for me.
oJlIzK.jpg

TUyzIG.jpg

In the garage of the new house, still under construction
OvmGEz.jpg

Clio 172 ph1 engine,gearbox,accesories,ecu and all wires stay tuned :D
copg85.jpg

From what you wrote earlier.... am I right in thinking this conversion is illegal in your country?
What would happen if authorities found out? Do you get a big fine or so they take the car off you? Just curious [emoji5]

Looks a fun project though. [emoji106]

Dacia Logan 172
From what you wrote earlier.... am I right in thinking this conversion is illegal in your country?
What would happen if authorities found out? Do you get a big fine or so they take the car off you? Just curious [emoji5]

Looks a fun project though. [emoji106]
Yes this thing it's illegal,if i am caught they took my certificate registration and i receive a big fine.Not a big deal because the same thing can happen in case of wheels,brakes or exhaust.Romania has shitty rules,to approve all changes at my car must make some tests on closed road etc etc and for this i must pay 2 or 3 times value of car soo in their dreams.

Yes this thing it's illegal,if i am caught they took my certificate registration and i receive a big fine.Not a big deal because the same thing can happen in case of wheels,brakes or exhaust.Romania has shitty rules,to approve all changes at my car must make some tests on closed road etc etc and for this i must pay 2 or 3 times value of car soo in their dreams.
Wow. That's harsh!!

I wouldn't tell them either! [emoji5]

Dacia Logan 172
Hey guys.I'm 1 day delay from program,today i bought all fluids for new engine,i drained the coolant and I unplugged all the sensors and wires.

uScw75.jpg

Feeq2M.jpg

An old picture from the clio engine disassembly

ROlD8z.jpg

More progress and pictures tomorrow.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Why wouldn't you just get a 172?

I appreciate the hard work gone into the Logan etc but I'd be bothered about doing so much illegal thing things to my car

Dacia Logan 172
This thing is amazing!

Can't wait to see more progress.

Thanks!

Why wouldn't you just get a 172?

I appreciate the hard work gone into the Logan etc but I'd be bothered about doing so much illegal thing things to my car

Here a Clio in good condition is around 5000 euros,swap cost me around 1500 euros but this don t matter.The idea was to make something different, anyone can buy Clio rs.Passion has no limits for me legal or illegal.
Yesterday at 23pm i started the engine for the first time for few seconds (still don t have exhaust on).All things are ok until neaw,must do a 40mm spacer for right mount engine,gearbox stabiliser bar,exhaust and is ready to go.Some pics in rush i worked only at night in the last days

Spacers fit test
fLjuo5.jpg

Spacer in raw form
6nfjTX.jpg

New fuel pipes(only for moment).Old engine had the intake on the opposite side and neaw original fuel pipes from logan are short.
16hhEW.jpg

I changed the old fuel pump with pump from Clio
cfrnhR.jpg

Gas pipeline connected to gas ramp.
Cpf8qE.jpg

Some sensor work
gbKmux.jpg

Wires...
rkooM7.jpg

Dacia Logan 172
Hey guys engine is on and run ok.Unfortunately my vacantion is ended and can t work on car being outside Romania.I have to do things like exhaust,gearbox sub-frame mounting,need a solid wishbone,must relocate the battery for make some room for ITG air filter and make a new fuse box.I made few kilometers with and i am very satisfied,engine functioning properly and pulls good.For the future i want to buy a front strut top mounts from PureMotorsport or K-tec and a front strut brace.My question is if you can use top mounts in daily driving or it s only for track use.All the best!

iiXD2S.jpg

ZQpNgI.jpg

iQzybb.jpg

mGZf5L.jpg

iM18mf.jpg

8ZhmXa.jpg