ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Cat D Inferno U know the one 6 + Owners

VW Golf TDI
What is actually wrong with it, I would have bought this as a weekend car as I now have a company car which is slow and boring ?

R35 GTR
It keeps being bought and sold, I wouldnt buy personally. But that would just me being cautious, their may be bugger all wrong with it, and could probably be in better condition than most of the ones coming straight from the factory.

Check it very carefully. I was going to buy a cat d trophy, but was told by the guy who crashed it that there were ripples in roof and the suspension was damaged, and the current seller claimed only light damage.

M

mini-valver

Its cat D and someone is trying to sell it a really high price and forgetting to mention that its cat D.............i think

R35 GTR
Its cat D and someone is trying to sell it a really high price and forgetting to mention that its cat D.............i think

yeh, i did notice that advert. It may be that everyone is trying to make a quick buck on what they think is a cheap car.

M

mini-valver

Yeah exactly, by buying and selling it on quick people may miss that its the same cat D car for sale like 3 weeks ago. Bit of a b******s trick really but if its been repaired well then i suppose its ok but defiantely not worth spending 7-8k on one when an uncrashed and well looked after one will only fetch 9ish!

I have just sold my uncrashed one for 8.5k.

Just want something fast 4 the weekend

Ph1 172 can be had for £3.5k now. Or a 205 GTI with some change left to spend on upgrading it.
Westfield/ Caterham?
Can't blame you, I owned an Eos off the lights the other night :quiet:

Mustang, S13, AX GT
Its illegal if they know its a cat D to 'forget to mention it' and deceive people. Ring them and see if he lies...

Mondeo TDCI 130
Its only illegal if you lie when asked, if no one asked theres nothing that can be done! proving it is also a bugger!!

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Yup it's only illegal if you ask and they don't say :) If you don't ask they don't have to say anything iirc.

Mustang, S13, AX GT
Yup it's only illegal if you ask and they don't say :) If you don't ask they don't have to say anything iirc.
I know, thats what I mean ring him up and ask him, then quote a more reasonable price, like the price he bought it for.

DC5
Would also imagine it should come up after a hpi check, so would be the potential buyers fault for not asking and not getting a hpi done

I would touch it at all - 6 owners in as many weeks ! turn it in !

I'd much rather get a straight car for the cash !

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
Well there was another Cat D inferno that was being sold for around 5k. Or is this the same one? It was advertised on here, think it ended up being between 4 and 5 thousand pounds.

RenaultSport clio 172 cup
i got an insurance quotefor this car, using the plate in the photos - came up as a 1.2 dynamique?!

G_F

BMW M3 & Williams 3
enportal_header.gif;JSESSIONID_EvlPortalApp=FYhDtG8j4bTQqLMML5jbh2jChQDDpdzVvNK1S7GcFQmXYQdQzqnQ%21-1629505659
envehicleenquirybanner.gif;JSESSIONID_EvlPortalApp=FYhDtG8j4bTQqLMML5jbh2jChQDDpdzVvNK1S7GcFQmXYQdQzqnQ%21-1629505659

The enquiry is complete The vehicle details for HN54 JXU are:
Date of Liability 01 04 2007 Date of First Registration 07 10 2004 Year of Manufacture 2004 Cylinder Capacity (cc) 1998CC CO2 Emissions 194g/Km Fuel Type Petrol Vehicle Colour ORANGE

RenaultSport clio 172 cup
sorry a 16 dynamique. must be nationwides database or summin, i thought 350 quid was pretty good!

Skoda Octavia TDi vRS
Why not get an older MX-5 for £4-5k. That would be proper RWD fun and as you have a practical car, a small 2 seater would not be an issue and so you wouldn't need a hatchback.

Steve

1.8 16v Mk1 Ph1 + S14a
Why would you "want" to buy such a new car with known damage?

It will make it more difficult to sell on meaning you will most likely have a higher depreciation rate. It's a losing battle, don't buy it. If it was a below 2 grand car and older then maybe, but for 8k no way, your RISKING a lot of money.

Matthew

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Originally when sold for 4K, if straight & not twisted, would of made good cheap track car.

Now for 7K & six owners, stay clear!!!!!!!!!!

Renault Clio 182 CUp
This was my old car I bought it off Richard and sold it around 1-2 months ago i actually swapped for a mgzr which i ended up selling for like £3000 so really i only got £3k for the clio! £7k is abit too much as i found out when i first put it up for £7k i got no intrest! but hey you can put it for whatever you like dont mean your gonna get it! its a good car tho i did like it, was too expensive to run so now i have a saxo! ;-)

This was my old car I bought it off Richard and sold it around 1-2 months ago i actually swapped for a mgzr which i ended up selling for like £3000 so really i only got £3k for the clio! £7k is abit too much as i found out when i first put it up for £7k i got no intrest! but hey you can put it for whatever you like dont mean your gonna get it! its a good car tho i did like it, was too expensive to run so now i have a saxo! ;-)

??????????why the hell did you do that?? I offered you £4500 cash!

So you lost out on £1500 in 4 weeks or so - total madness!

Octavia VRS
The 'Vicki' girl selling the car has about 3 or 4 other cars she is selling, mostly 172 Clios iirc. Chancer!

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Will somebody who has owned this car please just own up and say why it gets moved on soo quickly. For example, Sarah there must be something massively wrong with it to let it go for £3k 4 weeks after buying it for nearly £7k . . .

None of you own it anymore so nobody should care.

Seriously, does nobody have a conscience anymore :eek:

Renault Clio 182 CUp
Will somebody who has owned this car please just own up and say why it gets moved on soo quickly. For example, Sarah there must be something massively wrong with it to let it go for £3k 4 weeks after buying it for nearly £7k . . .

None of you own it anymore so nobody should care.

Seriously, does nobody have a conscience anymore :eek:

Theres nothing wrong with it! i woudnt have driven it everyday with my little girl if i thought there was, and i'm sure renault would have told Rich if there was when it went in to them.
i didnt have it 4 weeks either i had it for 3 months...

Maz

LY 200

??????????why the hell did you do that?? I offered you £4500 cash!

So you lost out on £1500 in 4 weeks or so - total madness!

So did I .. lol

ExigeV6|Q5|DS3|Fiat
Sarah, why would you accept so much less than these people above offered?

I mean moneys money at the end of the day and I can't understand losing £1500......:S

Maz

LY 200
Rich said in the other thread that Ad started that there was a problem with the paint work .. not sure if that has anything to do with it being sold on so many times.