ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Chris Harris thread

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
He was at our track day yesterday.
Possibly the most rude and obnoxious man I've ever stood next to.
And he's proper short.

I hope you called him a little c**t?

There's always been something about him I've never liked.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
One if the guys there said "oh he's got a lot on his mind at the moment"

Haven't we all?? But surely if you're invited to an event, either show up and put some effort in or don't bother coming?
I was actually quite excited to be stood where I was and he just looked at me like 'wtf are you looking at fat boy'.

Oh well. His loss. I'm awesome.

Z4
I like Chris Harris's car reviews, we enjoy the same thing in cars.
But I don't think he's a nice guy, I think Daniel is spot on. Strikes me as a guy that was bullied at school as he quietly digested car book statistics instead of making friends.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Gotta laugh at the YT comments regarding the P1s "illegal" track mode. Times are set on a track so whats the issue?

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
I'm not really surprised the P1 was found to be fastest over a lap.

if I was in the market for a car like that, it's probably what i'd have.

But then if I had that kind of money, i'd save the pennies and break the bank for an F1.

browno

ClioSport Club Member
Wow - that was an awesome film! I think that I agree with the conclusions really, three amazing cars that all achieve a similar result through very different engineering, and that makes it all the better.
I think I'd have to have the P1 though - if for the looks and the turbo-nutter noise alone!

Peugeot 308
Awesome video, the jealousy is strong!

P1 for me, it just looks 100% amazing! The Ferrari's wheels are abit naff and the Porsche just doesn't really float my boat looks wise... All incredible machines nevertheless.

Suzuki Jimny
Yes please.

05bbf4e30a0a000201fa74409b1625f0.jpg

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
What a great video and a cracking day for all involved, I doubt it will ever happen again for them.

P1 then La Ferrari then Porsche for me please.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I'm not really surprised the P1 was found to be fastest over a lap.

if I was in the market for a car like that, it's probably what i'd have.

But then if I had that kind of money, i'd save the pennies and break the bank for an F1.
These days, the f1 is in a different stratosphere. Think you could buy all 3, twice over for less than an f1!

clio 182 trophy
A cracking watch that. Amazing cars indeed. What is mad though is that the one:1 has almost twice the power to weight as all of them. It must be bonkers quick.

Norbury90

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium Silver 182
I'm amazed they managed to reach a reasonable outcome in relation to the tyres. Amusing to hear that Ferrari had still made the effort to go out there 2 weeks before to see what's what before they let the journos in there...

Love the circuit too, great layout!

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Not sure what I enjoy most, seeing the cars or seeing the genuine sense of enjoyment/amazement/disbelief on Harris' face every time he drives an amazing car. Incredibley lucky to do what he does but I think he appreciates that more than anyone else.

And Laf for me.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
My head appreciates the 918, my heart admires the Ferrarri, but seeing the P1 drift around just gets me so excited.

If it was my money and I had to have one, I think I'd sway towards the Ferrari at the last second.

Also, Harris says he's giving this up? As in, motor journalism? :(

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Yeh I heard him say that.
Wonder what he's doing next.
Flol. He said to the mclaren bloke something like "in giving this up soon. This was just a blag. There's not even a memory card in the cameras"

Think that may have been a joke ;)

Really great video. Don't care which is fastest or 'better'. Just a nice film enjoying three serious machines.

I quite like the vibe with these three guys. I'm hoping to see them doing more stuff together.

-Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  172-E92 M3-ZT V8
Saw it was 52 mins long and was amazed as it seemed like only 15 mins as it flew by as I was so engrossed. Have liked Harris since his days on Autocar and then Evo. Needles grates a little tbh but this definitely fills the void since Top Gear has been off air. Awesome cars the lot of them. I would take the P1 tho given the choice and I love Porsches so that says a lot.