ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Clio has landed!

ClioSport 182

Yesterday I picked up my Clio sport 182 from the dealer after 5 weeks of patiently waiting. Yeeeehar!

In that time I had doubted my colour choice, however when I picked it up, it looks awesome ... in black!! I bought it without any options, no cup (didnt like the wheels!).

The dealer had carefully managed to put just enough petrol in the tank to get to the petrol station 200 m down the road, and not a drop more. After parting with a hefty wad in filling her up with 98 Ron (nothing but the best!), I finally got to really drive the car ... even though I am carefully running her in, you can feel the power this car has. I cannee wait to floor it ...

The only thing that I have noticed so far is that the gear change from 3 to 4 is not the smoothest ... seems very notchy and requires a definite clutch right down to the floor. Hopefully this is a just a teething running in thang.

More to follow (including piccys) ...

KnightAzul

Ford Fiesta

everything there then with the car mate, renaultsport mats front and back properly fastened? 2X foam tyre inflators? boot net? one touch windows working? lol

:)

glad you like it, you didnt have to wait that long did you from the dealor.

ClioSport 182

Everything was in the right place and yep, the one touch windows are indeed working properly. I havent tested everything yet, still wading through the monster manual on all the buttons and knobs, etc.

One thing that I have noticed, when opening the boot there is a small sound like free screw between the metal and the plastic which is happily rolling around. Ill investigate this weekend ...

I live in Madrid and it would seem that the 5 week wait is pretty normal over here ... none of the 2 month stuff like back in Blighty.

KnightAzul

nicely done - enjoy! run her in tho mate!! back-roads are the way forward, just keep the engine working/pulling - avoiding long periods of the same RPM. apparently..

Lucky B*stard;) Ive been waiting 4 weeks, 2 days, 4 hours and 32, no 33 minutes for mine and ive still got a coulple of weeks to wait!!! Not that im counting you understand!!

ClioSport 182

Its worth the wait! I have a huge grin on my face whenever I am going to get in the car ... and thats during the running-in ... imagine when the run in is complete!!

KnightAzul

28th June for me. No Cup options either but thats cos its company and has to be standard see. Im sure itll still drive pretty good. cannot wait! Ive been reading everyone elses new 182 posts with jealous interest.