ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Clios replacement.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Well Its been a while, membership ran out last month and I've been doing nothing but search for a new car in the exact spec I want (anybody who's been there will know how I feel).

Anyway new job meant that I could afford to start looking for a new "motor" to which I started looking at BMW's, 325D M-sports to be exact. Week after week of searching the BMW approved used car app on the iPhone and Auto Trader my search was fruitless and I was giving up on the whole Idea. Then at end of March I happened to just have a look on Auto Trader for a laugh and seen my perfect car, a Le Mans Blue E90 325D M-Sport with pretty much everything on it spec wise, then I seen the price and I just had to look into it. I then looked on the dealers web site and found more about the car on their site and the fact it was in Sheffield so gave them a call and arranged to view the car the coming weekend. The weekend arrived and the Clio was back to standard so me and my dad headed to Sheffield via Snake Pass I imagine It would have been fun if the Clio was still low and with better tires :cool:.

Anyway we arrived at the dealers (Grant & McAllen) and we had a mooch over the car, which was tip top for a Rep mobile as the panels were straight no chipped paint apart from on the bonnet blah blah blah. Me and my Dad had done some serious research on this car via BMW and we retraced its steps from first being purchased to being serviced and what was done every time to the fact we knew it had a fuse replaced for one of the xenons in December and that the car was in the process of having a privet plate being removed with the DVLA. After having a chat with the dealer he asked if id like to take it for test drive and so we did, once we returned me and my dad looked over the car again and I decided that I was taking it home lol.

So I part exchanged the Renault and a week later I was back to pick up my shiny BMW, the drive home was funny the car was a dream to drive down the motorway even if i did decided to go the longest way home (up the M1 till it met the M62) on a quarter of a tank ill add which got us comfortably home so I decided it was time to do my first big fill (50p change out of £80).

Anyway 4 weeks on this is how it looks.

7129577997_8dbe5607ee_b.jpg

325D M-sport by Mike Dean87, on Flickr

6983512386_cd8a76bc65_b.jpg

325D M-sport (2) by Mike Dean87, on Flickr

The only things I've done so far is clean it and replace the licence plates for plain fancy plates jobbies, I'm planning on buying the Performance rear lip spoiler, some Black chrome Kidney Grills and some spacers for now then save for the H&R cup kit to nicely lower it.

KTHXBYE BIFCAIDS

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Love this, i also really look forward to see what you decide to do to it judging by you're taste on facebook...

<3

You're my hero for this week.

Good choice of car mate I'm sure you'll love it :) I have an E92 with the same engine that I bought from new back in 2009, It has done me really well I have nearly done 70,000 miles in it from new and it's such a good cruiser! I sent mine off to Paul at RS-Tuning who managed to get nearly 300BHP out of it and plenty of torque too! I had worries that it could cause reliability issues what with it having so much more power than stock but Paul said it should be okay and 65k very hard miles its still going well (Touch wood). I would definitely get the remap if you want more power as it really gives it the power it deserves :)

Mines the same colour as yours and have put a few photo's below as I saw you mention the black grills and also the spoiler! I too am thinking of changing the suspension but I have been looking to get the Bird's kit and get rid of the RFT's but they are unsure how all of that will react to me towing with the car so i'm holding off for now :(

Enjoy the car and if you need any info about them then feel free to drop me a PM :)

6324299368_e7acdf4780_b.jpg6324298482_5676acd0b1_b.jpgpara-91DSC_0249.jpg

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
Exactly what I want but in estate form. Lovely choice and lovely colour. Jealous!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
As I said in text dude, it looks perfect. Amazing taste in machinery. ;)

Good choice on the 325d, too. 6cyl > 4cyl BMWs.

Are you in later? I'm over at Gemini dropping my ID off at Renault... again. lol.

320d
Looks in amazing condition Mike. Its nice to see one clean and properly looked after, most 3 series you see are just covered in 25,000 miles of dirt and generally not looked after.

That's normally the 4 cylinder models mind, middle management company cars.

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
How much are these out of curiosity, my old man needs rid of his Mk4 Golf, he just doesnt know it yet!

Clio 182
Looks great mate, very tidy looking. I wouldn't lower it if it was me though sits nicely imo.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Looks lovely! How come you chose to go for this then mate?

Thanks bud, I just like the e90's something about them plus I need to blend in at work lol ;)

That's bloody awesome. Very clean. Fair upgrade from the Clio too!

How high's the mileage?

Thanks kiddo, only 36k.

Nice. How far does £80 worth of juice get you?

£80 lasts me 3 weeks driving sensably and giving it a little, easy get a tank to last me a month, next time i fill up ill take note.

why a diesel, just out of interest?

Cruising beast plus its a 3 liter, its a damn sight cheaper to run amd tax than a 3 liter petrol :)

Is this manual or auto.

Auto with sequential box and m-sport paddles.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Aye Chris, Full Leather sports seats.

As for the engine/badge business, BMW stuck the same engine in the 325d, 330d and 335d only difference is the turbo's. The 325 has the smallest, next is the 330 with a slightly bigger one and then the 335 has twin.

Tom that looks ridiculous.

Never above 25mpg
Very nice! I've seen some M-Sport tinted rear lights which look great on these! MV3s look lovely too

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Black line rear lights Vein? If i change them Ill get some m3 rears

imagejpeg