ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CSF23 The CSF 2023 Picture & Video Thread

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
I'm looking forward to your videos Mark! Had some fantastic laps with you.

The footage has come out looking spectacular, the sunshine beautifully highlighted your crumpled boot.

I should be done with editing Bedford in a day or two so I can soon get on with Anglesey...chronological vids will follow, hopefully by the end of the week.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
It was nice to finally put faces to names for @J-J @Touring_Rob @Simon1975 and @Call Me Dangerous Dave

Proper nice fellas.

Also I’m ashamed to say that I also didn’t immediately recognise @Danith when he came to talk to me about my car. When you said you were buying James’s car I spent about 5 minutes thinking who the hell is James, and then it dawned on me you meant @Ol’ Tarby 😂

So sorry mate! We have met before but the last time was in darkness around a log fire at CSF a few year back 😂🤦🏻‍♂️

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
It was nice to finally put faces to names for @J-J @Touring_Rob @Simon1975 and @Call Me Dangerous Dave

Proper nice fellas.

Also I’m ashamed to say that I also didn’t immediately recognise @Danith when he came to talk to me about my car. When you said you were buying James’s car I spent about 5 minutes thinking who the hell is James, and then it dawned on me you meant @Ol’ Tarby 😂

So sorry mate! We have met before but the last time was in darkness around a log fire at CSF a few year back 😂🤦🏻‍♂️
It was a pleasure to meet you and Mini Ron as well buddy!

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy

Proper nice fellas.

Ha it's ok. Yeah it's been dark CSF nights before. All these name changes got me stumped too. James was just called James before on this, then Ol Tarby. I wondered who the frig is this ol tarby guy posting on my threads for about 2 months.
I thought I'd cursed the new motor by asking you about yours when James said he had a 'check injection' fault on his way up there, but turns out was another Renault ripper.

There were loads of folk I saw, that I've only just realised who they are too.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Ha it's ok. Yeah it's been dark CSF nights before. All these name changes got me stumped too. James was just called James before on this, then Ol Tarby. I wondered who the frig is this ol tarby guy posting on my threads for about 2 months.
I thought I'd cursed the new motor by asking you about yours when James said he had a 'check injection' fault on his way up there, but turns out was another Renault ripper.

There were loads of folk I saw, that I've only just realised who they are too.

Yeah those bloody name changes! Someone needs shooting for those! 🤷‍♂️

S24NRC

ClioSport Club Member
  RS197
Anyone know the lad with the Silver 182 here?

The guy in the Yaris GR was telling me he'd parked up there and that white pickup of one of the staff/marshalls had blindly reversed into it, caving the driver's rear quarter in.

Felt sorry for him as it was a mint low miler.

That was my mate Harry, ruined our weekend tbh. The lad driving the ranger was a complete and utter pillock about the whole thing, not a single phrase resembling an apology left his mouth. Infuriating.

They're getting taken to the cleaners for it, and rightfully so. Circuit management were great to deal with on the day, and extremely sympathetic, so hopefully their insurance coughs up in good time.

371737139_546422494277133_2145147410246569084_n.jpg

And don't worry- we started taking the piss out of him within the first 7 seconds of it happening, as true mates should lol

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
That was my mate Harry, ruined our weekend tbh. The lad driving the ranger was a complete and utter pillock about the whole thing, not a single phrase resembling an apology left his mouth. Infuriating.

They're getting taken to the cleaners for it, and rightfully so. Circuit management were great to deal with on the day, and extremely sympathetic, so hopefully their insurance coughs up in good time.

View attachment 1658531

And don't worry- we started taking the piss out of him within the first 7 seconds of it happening, as true mates should lol
There was a right rear quarter for sale on eBay not long ago. Genuine NOS.

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep

View attachment 1658531

😬 I popped in the office as you lads were dealing with this and fair play... he was very diplomatic and respectful towards the circuit owners given the situation at hand!

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Didn't take many photos as was on track or wandering around chewing people's ears off all day. Still not done a walk around the track yet after multiple times there.

Think everyone overtook the Twingo beast on the day, see if you're on the PM laps doing so:

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Ahhhh! I was looking for your MX5! Were you driving the Twingo then?

Yeah thought I should bring the Twingo ripper seeing as it was a Renault day, plus it's had a load of beans spent on it to get it sorted so thought why not give it a blast at Anglesey. Was there in the mazda only a couple of months ago anyway.

After 2 trackdays in it (KH and Anglesey) I've realised that these twingos should only be used on flat, short twisty circuits :LOL: gradients and straights aren't it's forte

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member

View attachment 1658531

Gutted for him.

I'm sure the circuit will have it taken care of swiftly and I hope the insurance pay out fairly for it.

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
Did you get sorted with a chair?

Sorry I never came over and spoke to you, despite being camped directly opposite :rolleyes:

I only really spoke to @Sir_Dave and @Clio_fool briefly.

Was planning on going to the bar, but we just held down under the gazebo when that downpour hit.
I was trying to find you haha, @J-J came good with a chair, thank you though. Were you camped next to the bellends with the screaming kid? Was looking out for a few people I wanted to say hello to but didn't. Should have come over mate!!!

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
I was trying to find you haha, @J-J came good with a chair, thank you though. Were you camped next to the bellends with the screaming kid? Was looking out for a few people I wanted to say hello to but didn't. Should have come over mate!!!

We were camped next to one with a kid yeah, possibly the one you mean?

Was me, @JB21 and a few of his mates.

We'll definitely catch up next year.

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
We were camped next to one with a kid yeah, possibly the one you mean?

Was me, @JB21 and a few of his mates.

We'll definitely catch up next year.
Mate there was some f**king kid running round the tents at 2-3am screaming on the Friday, did my f**king nut in, then revving engines etc. I just laid there muttering things but @Filters got up for an extremely diplomatic ( 😂 😂 😂) chat.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Mate there was some f**king kid running round the tents at 2-3am screaming on the Friday, did my f**king nut in, then revving engines etc. I just laid there muttering things but @Filters got up for an extremely diplomatic ( 😂 😂 😂) chat.

I think I heard it, although I did have some earbuds in.

Did they turn up in the night and set up? Could have been the one near us that just appeared when I got up at 7am on Saturday.

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
I think I heard it, although I did have some earbuds in.

Did they turn up in the night and set up? Could have been the one near us that just appeared when I got up at 7am on Saturday.
Yea them.

Did a U turn on sighting laps too then gave his wristband to his mate who didn't have his licence with him. Dont think they were very popular in general tbh.