ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The daily runner

Get the rokkor coilovers ordered off ebay, fit them, play with the height, get the car setup etc, you will love the car again....trust me ;)

As for ideas, you've got wheels, youve got the car, wrapping looks pretty awesome to be honest, why not get the wheels powder coated black or something?

Or if you want to make a statement, get them done a wild colour :)

Octavia VRS LE
I love this car fairplay. my clio looked as though it had been cleaned with a brilow pad, so took it for a polish but still looks like it in direct sunlight, isit worth getting a polisher and polishing it my selff?

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
Get the rokkor coilovers ordered off ebay, fit them, play with the height, get the car setup etc, you will love the car again....trust me ;)

As for ideas, you've got wheels, youve got the car, wrapping looks pretty awesome to be honest, why not get the wheels powder coated black or something?

Or if you want to make a statement, get them done a wild colour :)

Im deffo replacing the spoiler with a cup one ;) and 60mm springs for now, untill i decide on height etc! Im not keen on the wrapping, looks kinda naff now! I think im going for the 172 rep look tbh!

I love this car fairplay. my clio looked as though it had been cleaned with a brilow pad, so took it for a polish but still looks like it in direct sunlight, isit worth getting a polisher and polishing it my selff?

Yes! Buy a da & get a scrap panel to practise on first! Well worth it! :)

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
They look better in the flesh, once she's lower it will pull them off .... i hope!

Pah! Wuss!

Get them springs on sharpish so I can see em, but I dont think it will be low enough especially with the wheels its sat on at the minute.

Sport rep - theres just so many of them, but I guess if thats the way your gonna go, do it right :D

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
I was thinking there is alot of sports around too, only seen one black rep down the road from me but looks cack as its still sitting high with no wheel spacers, plus he has the sport badge on!

I'll lower her first & go from there really! May rip out the rear seats out as i hardly use them! Turn her into my detailing van! ;)

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
No update as of yet!!! Just keeping her clean :) I really want VMax coilovers but I have put an offer in for a house so I have to hold fire for now! :( Really need a cup spoiler too!

002-8.jpg

009-4.jpg

004-8.jpg

011-4.jpg

013-5.jpg

018-4.jpg

021-5.jpg

017-7.jpg

022-9.jpg

I hate arch gap! :(

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
I need Idea's peeps! I don't have money atm as the new house is broken!

Cup spoiler is sorted thanks to Vish (px'ing for correction detail on his beemer :D )

Really want a cheap set of coilovers but the bolt spacing is the pita one! Shall I just go with 60m springs i ask myself?

My next plan is to wet sand her all over as there is a few paint defects that im not happy with since buying her ;)

Idea's??

2014 Clio 200t edc
Yeah just go for 60mm, a lot cheaper and would look very good. I like the ride height as it is, loved my 1.2 when it was lowered 40mm. looks awesome compared to what it was!!

Fiesta ST-3
Hub conversion and get some coilovers... because I had 60mm and it wasn't enough. At least if you get coils then can choose! You won't regret it tbh. Then why not go for some funky wheels?

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
I think I'm going to slowly buy the 172 body bits & the cheapo coilovers & hubs .....

Can any one explain exactly what part is the hub & the actual bits that need replacing, I know roughly but want to be 100% sure!

And as for the Coilovers, Raceland seem to have replaced the Rokkor ones but they only go as low as 65mm ... Any good?

Written off 1.2 :(
Very nice work :) Looks great.
Im in the same position as you, whether or not to get coilovers or just stick with 65mm springs :S
Alloys: Are they ronal r43's?;)

Clio Extreme 1.2
Subscribing to this thread.
I see your write ups over at detailing world.
Hope your house issues get sorted soon!

e92 330i
Got a quick snap. Used 100% hdr on it so you can see the wheel/arch as the original pic is to dark.

photo.jpg

The front can go down another 30mm or so.

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
Cheers Dweeb :D

Rokkor017.jpg

Rokkor018.jpg

Just get the hubs then were go go go!

Rob, wheres this driveway? Can we not do it in the hangar here? ;)

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
aahhhhh, I see! I'll let you know then mate. Might have to wait until next pay day as I need to spend monies elsewhere atm, bit by bit :)