ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The day n0rm and bongy did Planktec y0!!

evening Mara's!!

this weekend has been a busy weekend getting the vee back on the road after a long winter in hibernation!!

the day started early in n0rmsville, i set out for Dave's AKA bongy on here equipped with a nice new set of KWv3 coil overs:cool:...here are various photos along the way as fitting and seting up commenced!!

first set of pics......out with the ''ship'esk'' standard set up and in with the new!!

012.jpg

013.jpg

014.jpg

015.jpg

All four corners on, it was time for ''PLANKTEC y0'' and he tedious job of the set up!!......and what a pain in the arse it was!!!:eek:

016.jpg

017.jpg

019.jpg

the above pics are at the first stage of set up, it was just to low, so we re-adjusted and had the following set up we stuck and happy with....

019.jpg

021.jpg

022.jpg

And finally me an bongy met up with gray for a quick pint and a chat!..

023.jpg

024.jpg

That's all in this episode, more to come in the next week or so!:)

finally I'd just like to say a massive massive thank you to the great man who is bongy.......1. hes a derby Fan, 2. he gave up his free time to open up his workshop for us to use and 3. being a top top bloke in general and someone that deffo knows his shizzle with renaults:cool: CHEERS MATE;)

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
AWESOME! DOes it matter is the helper spring is at the top ot bottom??

Weirdly on the bak mine are the same as yours, but on the front it's at the top..(Same as you too) lol

AWESOME! DOes it matter is the helper spring is at the top ot bottom??

Weirdly on the bak mine are the same as yours, but on the front it's at the top..(Same as you too) lol

cheers dude;)....but no, if you looked at your OE setup the springs on them are visa versa to!, no idea of the reasons behind it mind!:cool:

M235i / 172
Yea must be the anchor pub mate... i did wonder why there was a massive anchor at the front! :eek:
LOL, they have a bike night down there, been down a few times but it gets rammed, end up parking on the road and a long way back! Plus the Feds are all over it like a rash because people race up and down that road.

EP3 Civic Type R
Glad you change the height after the first go Norm- it's spot on now!

Beauty!!

Hows the handling now? what price did u get them for?

handling now is spot on mate, turn in is crisp and the car is a whole lot more responsive, really is a differant car to drive, as for the price, i got them for just over 1200 quid.

Glad you change the height after the first go Norm- it's spot on now!

Beauty!!

ta mish:), yeah there was no way we was gonna leave it at that, total crazy!, the back bumpers was nearly touching the floor!!!!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Lol @ 'ship'esk'!

Does look much better - though I've always thought the rear arch of the Vee's looked awkward to fill correctly....

Who's is the Ph.1 172? That looks ace. :cool:

D.

lift number 1 @ btm
i thought you had already fitted these? they completely transform the car don't they:)

are you still looking at the ph2 rear end too?

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Lol @ 'ship'esk'!

Does look much better - though I've always thought the rear arch of the Vee's looked awkward to fill correctly....

Who's is the Ph.1 172? That looks ace. :cool:

D.
The Ph1 is grays. He never puts up new stuff he does to it the queer.
Gray you need a project thread :mad:

Looks fit as f**k norman.

You taking it to be properly set up by deamon tweeks now or what?

i thought you had already fitted these? they completely transform the car don't they:)

are you still looking at the ph2 rear end too?

Ive had them a while mate, just never got round to fitting them, but yeah the differance is amazing, differant car! Yeah im doing the ph2 lights and co this week, then ordering a trophy spoiler some time before fcs

lift number 1 @ btm
Ive had them a while mate, just never got round to fitting them, but yeah the differance is amazing, differant car! Yeah im doing the ph2 lights and co this week, then ordering a trophy spoiler some time before fcs

cool, good work! so if you have just fitted it before the weekend, how are your tyres getting on;)

i was meaning the rear subframe etc, i think i remember talking to you about the ph2 suspension setup?

cheers guys:).....we spent most of the day setting the suspension up, we had the wheels of a fair number of times tweaking the ride height, camber and rebound settings, all well worth it tho as you can see from the pics:).......

ive got some awesum pics on my phone, however the laptop is being bent and not uploading, so if i can txt them to someone and they would put them in this thread id be grateful! TA!:D

that sits really well. looked too low in the first few pics.

nOrm assured me the rears only went -20mm, so we wound the adjusters right down, They went down atleast -50mm and that was before they were bedded in! Far too low!!

Looking good now tho, the pictures dont really do it justice.

nOrm assured me the rears only went -20mm, so we wound the adjusters right down, They went down atleast -50mm and that was before they were bedded in! Far too low!!

Looking good now tho, the pictures dont really do it justice.

LOL marra the brochure told me they only went down -20mm.....it lied massively!!!:eek:........nothing planktec wouldnt sort tho!:eek:

bit of an update! a set of ph2 rear lighs arrived a few moments ago along with some uprated exhust hangers! Pics when ive fitted them:)

340i
bit of an update! a set of ph2 rear lighs arrived a few moments ago along with some uprated exhust hangers! Pics when ive fitted them:)

Remember big man.... The PH-2 lights do not just "plug in" you have to swap over a few of the connectors.