ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Djw boys latest purchase/project (Pic heavy)

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
As some of you may have seen I recently bought my other old flamer back from yeecup after he unfortunately had has his auxillery belt snap which took the timing belt with it and bent 14 valves

e0205cc9.jpg

So I hatched a plan which Dave was in full agreement with and luckily I managed to buy the old flamer back and put it into action. It's got a good few nice pieces on it and I really didn't want to see anyone buying it to split and then scrap the shell which would have been the way to go to make cash. That's very much not the point of it for me, the outcome will be that I take a few things like the steering wheel, arb, seats etc for mine, a few pieces go onto Daves partners 172 and we would swap the engine out of Chav into the new one and I'd then swap with Dave and Chav would be mine to do what I like with. So basically ending up with 3 good clios, a flamer saved and the cash back into the holiday fund before it was time to pay for the holiday!! No high rolling here!

So it started about 10 past 7 yesterday morning at Daves, quick coffee and heading to SWR Stirling by half 7 to collect TGK. About 100 yards away from SWR we got pulled! So bye bye French plates :( No fine though!

Round the corner and into SWR we had to lol when we saw TGK is also on illegal plates!! Can't beat towing a car with illegal plates with a car you've just been pulled in for the same offence! First time I've actually seen it since I sold, bought it back blind!

Ready to go

53caf5da.jpg

8219a314.jpg

and a quick pit stop back closer to home for a much needed bacon roll

34639c4b.jpg

cdb75b4d.jpg

And then up to our friends farm where he very kindly let us work on them and use his engine crane, some guy!

43774af8.jpg

9be618b9.jpg

953b3856.jpg

b08fefb9.jpg

d3ef717d.jpg

So time to crack on once we'd got the rest of our tools. At about 12ish we started on the flamer, with me under the bonnet and Dave doing the other bits like brakes, driveshafts, gear linkage etc etc.

Started like this

9ba26557.jpg

and wasn't very long until it looked like this

2abaeb08.jpg

71e99543.jpg

fe3617f7.jpg

1129b219.jpg

38c2708c.jpg

a61c0e34.jpg

and a couple of the things removed for safe keeping

a79bf48d.jpg

5c01e5e5.jpg

And then time to get it out

195e1ca9.jpg

37ca1dea.jpg

ac23c403.jpg

766adcd7.jpg

A quick breather and then straight onto Chav, last pics as she stood

d1d3e384.jpg

93a18138.jpg

da955db1.jpg

Less pics this time, we just wanted to get on and get it done before I had to go to a family dinner!

But basically it was more of the same and ended up with the same result

68ce12cb.jpg

f478f45b.jpg

64897922.jpg

Quick check over that any issues would be accessible on the car and time to put it in, even less pics of this but by 1915 we had this

8ffbd456.jpg

:D:D:D

I should say we would've loved to clean up the bay and engine etc etc but we can't leave the cars at the farm for too long so we just needed to get to the stage where we could tow them away again at short notice.

It was now time to clear up and a short game of 3d tetris saw chav and TGK filled with parts and bumpers loosely chucked on and held with 2 bolts

7cdb33d2.jpg

1be22eae.jpg

9a2c52b3.jpg

And that was what we managed yesterday! Today is for Dave to spend with his family and me to spend with my wife but Im sure we'll be back at the farm during the week after work and with some luck the flamer will drive away within the week. We'll also be updating our FaceBook page with progress as we go along.

Dave will start a dedicated project thread for it at that point but we've had so many cars recently we're struggling for a project name for it! All ideas welcome!

Thanks
John

Last edited:
  Rb 182
Some team we are. I'm over the moon with my new car. Since having to sell 534 to be able to afford the cot, baby stuff etc, I'm delighted to have one back again. Can't thank John enough for doing all this for me, over the moon. :)

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
wow, you boys crack on! But, i am confused. easily done.

Is the silver clio being robbed to fix the new flamer? :eek:

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Time to multi quote the s**t outta this post!

Good read!

Thanks mate, took nearly as long to write as it did to do the work ;)

Some team we are. I'm over the moon with my new car. Since having to sell 534 to be able to afford the cot, baby stuff etc, I'm delighted to have one back again. Can't thank John enough for doing all this for me, over the moon. :)

Ps. Is the bum out a djw trade mark?!?!

No worries babes, works out well for all of us, Im properly chuffed to be able to help out and we can roll about in team colours again ;) And yes, we need longer t shirts!

Top work.

You guys are mental on Clio's. Love it :)

Yeah, we've developed some addiction issues over the years!

wow, you boys crack on! But, i am confused. easily done.

Is the silver clio being robbed to fix the new flamer? :eek:

Yeah, the silver ones engine and seats will be put in the flamer, but the silver one has been sold as a rolling shell so it'll make a come back soon as well. Was tempting to keep as a dedicated track toy but I don't have that sort of cash.

you boys dont hang about. cant be easy moving the engine crane on gravel

No it really wasn't! Dug in a good few times, especially after a properly wet 2 days beforehand!

Top work! Didn't hang about

Can't! Not able to store the cars there for too long!

its also sad how you have 3 ph1 bumpers and i have none :(

Lol! We've actually got 4! But none going spare I'm afraid.

You guys are crazy.

I'm going to take that as a compliment!

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Sorry forgot to text you back about that Jamie, yeah they did but we got them off using other methods, quicker than going back through! Aye, I do feel gutted for you but at least its not off to the crusher!

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
you mean to say you never got the flamer running the same day? ;) mad hoors x

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
Sorry forgot to text you back about that Jamie, yeah they did but we got them off using other methods, quicker than going back through! Aye, I do feel gutted for you but at least its not off to the crusher!

Good stuff. Found myself looking for a mint 172 cup now :cool:

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
TBF, its a dogbone mount, connecting sensors and driveshafts and some fluid away from turning the key and seeing what happens! Fingers crossed. It was still light enough and I've got a feeling if I didn't have to have that meal we may have done it!

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Cheers all, really want to be carrying on just now despite the sideways rain! But hopefully it'll be warm and dry tomorrow evening and we can crack on until it gets dark. Probably for the best we can't work on it today, we're both getting too old for this malarky now, bloody aching!

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Good progress chaps! looking forward to seeing the end results.

Rb 182
Cheers for all the love guys. I've got slightly different plans for this one. But once the engine is in and working ill start a project thread. :)

koi

Audi S1
Credit to both you guys for doing this out in the open. Sunny one day, pishing down the next! Look forward to seeing the finished results.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Phew, in for the night! Tbf it could've been sooner but we earnt a mcdonalds!

So I got a flyer from work and headed down a bit early to start pottering and get as much done as possible, there were a few heavy rain and hail shower which slowed work down a bit but nonetheless I managed to get a good head start on things before Dave finished work and also came along, his cousin popped by too which proved to be very useful when we realised we'd been supplied with the wrong gearbox oil! Halfords might be expensive, even with a trade card but it was also open, unlike anywhere else!

So a few pics to save me typing more on my phone!

It started off as we'd left it, funnily enough, like this

8ffbd456.jpg

And I had it like so by the time Dave and mark got there

190c8103.jpg

Dave cracked on with doing the dogbone, driveshafts, brakes, wheels, gearbox oil etc etc

764b5396.jpg

and I carried on up top making sure everything was connected up right and ready to go. Got it to this stage

8d64e50d.jpg

And went for it! As soon as we switched on the ignition though and the fuel pump kicked in fuel ccam out of the end of the fuel rail, still don't know why, looks the ssame as the one on mine and we swapped it for an identical one that worked fine but tbh, se're not going to investigate because as you can see from this video, it works!!

7bfe9e16.mp4

So time to get the gears adjusted, slam panel, lights, grill and bumper on and see how it goes! As you can see we got inpatient and drove it as soon as no wires were going anywhere!

ed3d34d5.mp4

We were/ are all very very chuffed with it and quickly got the bumper on, the wwheels are a love/hate thing but you'll grow used to them ;)

Dave was clearly pretty happy with it all!

3f87c8ad.jpg

And how it stands now

0538030b.jpg

a3087213.jpg

and spot daves first mod!

142a46a4.jpg

So after all this we got it down the road to daves mums house and away from the farm, it drove well with only
a lack of pas fluid showing up as a problem, weve got some, just didnt have it with us! It did give me a chance for one final pic!

14463f0a.jpg

Thanks very much from us both, a dedicated project thread will follow, name suggestions are still welcome!

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
I sold them cos I need the money back! Don't really have the cash for this and Dave doesn't for the wheels so they had to go, we've got wheel plans but just now it was just about putting legal tyres on it! Cheers Craig, partial to them myself ;)