ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The everlasting ph1 ITB Build **GREEN-BUILD STARTS AT PAGE 100**

2000 clio 1.2 sport
Re: someph-ing different...........

joey they are OZ f1's they came as standard on ph1 172's except ph-reebone has done them in some cool colours

no such thing as a stupid question bud

thanks for clarifying that im really a vw man but might be buying the clio off my mum and dad.so i'll stick these wheels on if i do. sorry for hijacking the thread joey

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

no worries chap

as for my large package...i assembled it in the office...lol, there was limited room and i annoyed a few people...

IMG_9964.jpg

IMG_9965.jpg

Thule Xperience 828
Thule Proride 591
Thule Rapid Fit Kit

perfect for carrying the mtb and all the sh*t that goes with it...happy days

as for the cams, i am looking forward to getting them on also

RichCup

ClioSport Club Member

Ooooh! I've been looking into getting a bike rack for the clio, sick of chucking muddy bikes in the back! Plus they pull on the harnesses lol.

Out of interest did you look into racks for the boot?

Car looks great btw, really like the interior!

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

Ooooh! I've been looking into getting a bike rack for the clio, sick of chucking muddy bikes in the back! Plus they pull on the harnesses lol.

Out of interest did you look into racks for the boot?

Car looks great btw, really like the interior!

exactly the reason i didn't ever chuck bikes in the back....pulls on the harnesses, i used to have one for the rear, and i pulled the straps to tight once which dented the tailgate...doh...got it sorted again but got rid of that terrible rack...

this is spot on i can put the bike and everything in it, all out of the way...

cheers for the kind words

RichCup

ClioSport Club Member

I've got a boot one, but with the spoiler it's pretty unstable, and I was never keen on hooking it onto the lip of the top of the tailgate.

With the rapid fit kit is the idea that you can whip em off pretty easily? i.e. you can just fit the whole roof rack etc just for when you go biking? As that's what I was after tbh.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

I've got a boot one, but with the spoiler it's pretty unstable, and I was never keen on hooking it onto the lip of the top of the tailgate.

With the rapid fit kit is the idea that you can whip em off pretty easily? i.e. you can just fit the whole roof rack etc just for when you go biking? As that's what I was after tbh.

thats what i plan to do mate, i am not going to leave this on all the time

Jon.L

ClioSport Club Member
  911 GT3 & Audi Q8

looks or practicallity mate or both? either way i think it will look retro and new skool cool at the same time!

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

looks or practicallity mate or both? either way i think it will look retro and new skool cool at the same time!

practically mainly, but comes with looks in my opinion (bauhaus styling - form follows function)

as said this will only be going on for biking, or moving big stuff, like houses...lol

it won't stay on as a fashion mod

Ph1 172 + Combo van

So no mini bike and a hay bail to go on it?:clown:

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

what about it sir.....lol

it is on the plan's, full with door and harness bars

i may sort a group buy with the company

172 Race Car

Keeping your options open? could paint the car camo green and stick an oil drum on the rack

Qashcow

how much did that set you back pepe? pm or txt me if ud prefer. i cant keep using the van for the 50mile return trip to the forest every other weekend and this would solve everything, same as you and rich, cant fit the bike with harness. im worried in a collision its also going to strangle and kill me.

despite covering everything i still scratched the boot and rear bumper when i had the rack for my saxo so will never go to a boot one again.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

how much did that set you back pepe? pm or txt me if ud prefer. i cant keep using the van for the 50mile return trip to the forest every other weekend and this would solve everything, same as you and rich, cant fit the bike with harness. im worried in a collision its also going to strangle and kill me.

despite covering everything i still scratched the boot and rear bumper when i had the rack for my saxo so will never go to a boot one again.

pm'd chap...

here are some pics with the bike on also...

so i needed to take my bike out today so perfect time to try it for the first time, all i can say is i am amazed at how easy the bike goes on and off, its spot on....

pics below...

IMG_1058.gif

IMG_1059.gif

IMG_1061.gif

IMG_1062.gif

IMG_1063.gif

IMG_1064.gif

IMG_1065.gif

IMG_1067.gif

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

not yet....lol

also got these bits today....

IMG_1079.jpg

for the untrained eye they are cup alternator mounts, these shall sit nicely with my cup alternator that is currently under my desk at work, they should all be going on with my major service at which point i will loose the a/c too.......that should be a pony or two...

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

First pic ive seen of the wheels that show the design. No too bad! Question is...Is the bike worth more than the car...

The Halfords weekend special looks good mate. Is it a Raleigh ? ;)

Nimbus 197

in the bike pics?? what happened to ur... Chrome Writing The Renault also the Clio is HANGING OFF???

DCi 100

I like it, but part of me wants it to sit lower down, so that the THULE aero board at the top is like 2 inches from the roof?

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

in the bike pics?? what happened to ur... Chrome Writing The Renault also the Clio is HANGING OFF???

check back through the thread, explained in there chap

I like it, but part of me wants it to sit lower down, so that the THULE aero board at the top is like 2 inches from the roof?

yer thats what we were thinking, we may be able to flip the front bar but don't think it will work, its all down to how high the feet sit.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

just cleaned and painted the cup alternator mounts in the same style as the engine so will all match

had a look in the engine bay and can't figure out how it will all fit though...hope it does