ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The everlasting ph1 ITB Build **GREEN-BUILD STARTS AT PAGE 100**

Cro

Meg'd r27
Re: someph-ing different...........

Mmmmm yes I like that Fred, nicer than the other brackets

RenaultSport 172

Maybe a silly question but are you still running the 428's? Interested to see the dyno results if so. :)

TrackCar & F30 330d

That bay is cracking. Have the black parts been spray painted or powder coated? I need more pictures :) closer pics of the bracket would be cool too :)

B/G 182 + PH1 Track

Ktec had a very similar bracket on there engine.

Think we are going to make one for our new engine. Very good idea.

Qashcow

chrispy, i can answer this one :) its VHT paint, can buy it in halfords an stuff. mines covered in the same stuff

Lionel Richie

halford stuff is s**t just to warn you, the stuff i use is what they use at cosworth

k-tec's might be inexpensive, my one cost a few quid LOL!

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

Maybe a silly question but are you still running the 428's? Interested to see the dyno results if so. :)

i am indeed running the 428's still....will post results

bracket is a great idea, nice and out of the way
need a new battery now though, unsure whether to go redtop or not, then is so where to put it...

340i

I don't think the "normal" battery looks out of place in your engine bay.... all looks very neat as is!

Although it does look a smaller size that other 172/182 batteries I have seen :S

340i

4278751753_3fbd049fc6_b.jpg

fil_b

ClioSport Club Member
  172 FF and Fabia VRS

looks mint at the nec
was looking for you on the sat to say hi

was you round??

feebs

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

I don't think the "normal" battery looks out of place in your engine bay.... all looks very neat as is!

Although it does look a smaller size that other 172/182 batteries I have seen :S

i think it was the standard size battery, trying now to decide whether its worth getting a red-top and moving it, what the advantages / dis-advantages are...

looks mint at the nec
was looking for you on the sat to say hi

was you round??

feebs

i got back up there on the sunday so you wouldn't of found me, sorry

M

mini-valver

Advantage- Typically an 8kg weight saving
Dis-advantage- Can be prone to losing charge, cost, you'd be better off moving it in the car in a proper tray or making something pimp up in the bay to hold it.

If you're not fussed about weight fella, I wouldn't bother! Was good catching up aswell, lol.

Lionel Richie

Fabricated as a one off prototype the one on Neil's car = ££££

hopefully my production version, like your's will also be less expensive!

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

Advantage- Typically an 8kg weight saving
Dis-advantage- Can be prone to losing charge, cost, you'd be better off moving it in the car in a proper tray or making something pimp up in the bay to hold it.

If you're not fussed about weight fella, I wouldn't bother! Was good catching up aswell, lol.

i have classed the car in its current spec as Stage 1 (which i consider complete), in stage 2 (when i have another car) the clio will be loosing weight rapidly so weight is something i may aswell think about now yes, thinking may be best under the passenger seat, more room for nothing in the engine bay then...lol

deffo good catching up dave, your a top bloke, good to know there are still some on here...lol

M

mini-valver

i have classed the car in its current spec as Stage 1 (which i consider complete), in stage 2 (when i have another car) the clio will be loosing weight rapidly so weight is something i may aswell think about now yes, thinking may be best under the passenger seat, more room for nothing in the engine bay then...lol

deffo good catching up dave, your a top bloke, good to know there are still some on here...lol

I'd invest then, weight saved and better distributed.

And you dude, we're in the elite I think, lo.

Qashcow

Oi ya feckers, I'm a nice guy too. Who else bought you a wind up music box on Sunday lol?

May as well take advantage of upgrading to a smaller battery, I'm going to smack one just behind the passenger seat, just to make it a bit easier to access should I ever need to. You can probget a deal on them anyway, but burp is sponsored by a battery firm nowand has a group buy going on another forum

340i

I noticed one of the companies at autosport where selling the red top 25's considerabily cheaper than most places, can't remember the name though!

How much does jay (Burp) do them for?

F4R'd ITB'd '92 cup racer

car looks brilliant!

fred/neil - what are you doing about the engine mount fixings that are no longer utilised due to the ITB's?

i have tried purchasing these parts seperately (a bolt and tapered washer/spacer setup for one fixing and some sort of bracket that bolts to the block and lower cam cover on the other) but i cannot source them due to not buying an off the shelf kit

is there a solution you are planning? (i am willing to purchase these items immediately!)

i remember at FCS when Fred and Icarus were checking over ben_p's car that you noticed the crack in the engine mount and advised him to sort it out as it was causing excessive engine movement that would prob lead to cracking the lower cam cover, i dont want to cause the same problem :)

Lionel Richie

ben's was from another issue

you on about the bit where the 2 bolts go into the lower inlet (on a standard car)

never had a problem with it before, but i've got something in the pipeline

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

I'd invest then, weight saved and better distributed.

And you dude, we're in the elite I think, lo.

yep looking into it now, them and some new HT Leads too, indeed i think we are in the elite...lol

Oi ya feckers, I'm a nice guy too. Who else bought you a wind up music box on Sunday lol?

May as well take advantage of upgrading to a smaller battery, I'm going to smack one just behind the passenger seat, just to make it a bit easier to access should I ever need to. You can probget a deal on them anyway, but burp is sponsored by a battery firm nowand has a group buy going on another forum

indeed mate you are also in the elite...you are a nice guy (everybody i showed the music box loved it)

I noticed one of the companies at autosport where selling the red top 25's considerabily cheaper than most places, can't remember the name though!

How much does jay (Burp) do them for?

burps price i think is...£86 for a odyssey PC680 couriered to me

F4R'd ITB'd '92 cup racer

ben's was from another issue

you on about the bit where the 2 bolts go into the lower inlet (on a standard car)

never had a problem with it before, but i've got something in the pipeline

ah i see

yes thats the bit i mean :)

i won't clog up this thread any further, but if you could keep me informed Fred that would be brilliant

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel

Got any of the front low down so we can see the inlet??

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

Got any of the front low down so we can see the inlet??

just for you dan...but none with bumper on yet...(you can just see it in the picture at the bottom)

cimg3773.jpg

stumbled across this in flickr earlier, thought you might want the link as its a decent res picture.....

http://www.flickr.com/photos/fuzzy_orange/4285449245/sizes/l/

ideal for a wallpaper.... ;)

thats awesome, thank you very much

4285449245_2eee4dd17e_b.png

you could of tidied up the breather plate FFS

you could of popped and helped us do that before autosport....it was tight as it was, its gone back to be finished off anyways,

what was wrong with it anyways?

alien green rs133

you could of popped and helped us do that before autosport....it was tight as it was, its gone back to be finished off anyways,

what was wrong with it anyways?

there are brackets for the inlet manifold that are not needed anymore and also carbon canister bit can be tidied :D

but the work looks a1

being low is it now not a puddle scoop though???