ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Evo picture and discussion thread

Countryman JCW
Thought as there was an Impreza thread I'd make one for Evo's

Heres my old Evo 5 GSR

image-22.jpg

image-20.jpg

image-19.jpg

image-21.jpg

image-17.jpg

image-24.jpg

image-25.jpg

image-18.jpg

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
There's a bloke on the other side of the park from me who has a 4/5/6 (they all look the same, right?) hiding in his garage... He was revving it the other day and it sounded immense

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
Thought as there was an Impreza thread I'd make one for Evo's

Heres my old Evo 5 GSR

image-17.jpg

Did you buy this from a chap named Andy? I swear he's pinged me these exact pictures before.

VI Extreme that my Dad owned when I was in my early 20's, that I was lucky enough to be able to drive.

2VI.jpg

And queuing for the ring:

66dfd7a2-73ef-4fe3-8c10-7dc95b035874_zpse682ba93.jpg

Last edited:
  Countryman JCW
Did you buy this from a chap named Andy? I swear he's pinged me these exact pictures before.

No I bought it from a chap called Rob in Devon off the MLR. Who is Andy as I might have sold it to a chap called Andy if he owns a used car garage? I did a P/X on a MCS Checkmate (oh the shame :()

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Probably the fastest car i've owned. No idea what had been done to it.

It now belongs to a lunatic who has a fully forged Evo8 560WHP engine in it. Mentalist.

167_7659231183_6203_n.jpg

167_7659246183_9046_n.jpg

This belongs to a friend of mine/DannyR's. I know little about it really except it is very quick. Running 450 something bhp, the engine is a master piece but this is the only pic ive ever taken of it.

IMG_0424.jpg

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Thats absolutely awesome Dan!!

I'm trying to find the thread on MLR from the current owner. I saw him at Combe and it's got carbon fibre doors/tailgate/roof and bonnet. His name was Nigel and he was a music teacher at a school! lol.

Countryman JCW
Probably the fastest car i've owned. No idea what had been done to it.

It now belongs to a lunatic who has a fully forged Evo8 560WHP engine in it. Mentalist.

167_7659231183_6203_n.jpg

167_7659246183_9046_n.jpg

Lovely motor, what was the spec when you had it?

i went out in NeverNeverman's (MLR FORUM USER) Evo 6 that had 650bhp or 720bhp on race fuel at silverstone, that thing was mental, and he could pedal it too!

il get some pictures of my mates 5RS that was forged to 620bhp, had only got 17k on it from new, nicest Evo ive seen!

Street Triple R
Love Evos, have had a few of them now, but always come back to the early ones, I prefer the lighter weight and more agility they have over the later ones

My E2

evosmall.jpg

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I think I'm the only person who can't stand the older shape Evo's :( Love the Evo 7/8/9. The 10, not so much.

Last edited:

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Since this is discussion,

what is the differences from i-x I.e. what changes are made (bhp, body style, advantages, disadvantages etc) and why did some come in wide body and some not?

Countryman JCW
Since this is discussion,

what is the differences from i-x I.e. what changes are made (bhp, body style, advantages, disadvantages etc) and why did some come in wide body and some not?

http://www.lancerregister.com/downloads/MLR Evo Buyers Guide v1_00.pdf

All the answers you will ever need on Evos.

Basically 1-3 same chassis with different body panels spoilers and an evolution of engine.

4-6 all use same chassis again with different panels and different suspension. All use 4g63 engine and have 276bhp (gentlemans agreement in Japan) loads of special editions and variants. 6 was onwards were the first sold in the UK, anything before is a grey import.

7-9 same chassis very slight changes in body panels. Loads of different editions including the FQ's that were all uk edition only versions

10 all new chassis and a fair few variants