ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Evo picture and discussion thread

RS2'd Cup Trackcar
Apologies I allways keep referring to classics, new age like jay said are better.

It was the classics that gave the Impreza the "chocolate pistons" name with pikey tuning where by people would just plumb in a cheap MBC and wind the boost up and the poor old engine would DET itself to destruction....Saying that, the rods in a classic engine is the weak link.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
True. I remember the first impreza I had many years ago. L reg import, changed the exhaust, induction kit, put crap fuel in etc etc. never had it mapped properly, it drank fuel by the bucket load, how it survived the abuse I will never now. It went and sounded ace though

Range Rover Sport
Miss a few of mine, but upgrading parts on them becomes extremely addictive. Mine hardly come out the garage when I owned it.

4rrpk8.jpg

30coaa9.jpg

7,8,9 400bhp 400ftlbs, but some say 450... I personally thing you're pushing it then.

4,5,6 I think 350-400bhp as the rods are said to be like tooth picks.

There is a popular upgrade known as a "rod job" that you can go up to 500-600bhp. I'm guessing its just a case of using forged rods.

Go on the MLR, it's free to join and you can view most of the forum without paying if your looking for info. If you can, get to an MLR sprint and get some of them to take you out for passenger laps, wicked fun!!!

Thanks for reply and info will go straight onto MLR, Would love an evo 8 for my next car alot of saving needed first haha

yeah insurance is a bad point to them, i did a quote for an evo 8 and a 350z and surprisingly the evo was more than double, probably doesn't help that im only 22 haha

PH1 loads of boost!
If you're over 25 and live in a decent area then insurance shouldn't be ridiculous. I only paid £606 this year and £650 the year before that. I'm only 27.

evo 6rs/clio 172
I have owned an evo 8 at 525 bhp with a gt30 on a rod job engine
Also just sold my evo 6rs at 420bhp
Both fantastic cars but cost me a small fortune
They ate gearboxs and twin plate clutchs from pod and the mlrss
The 6rs from just a stage 1 re map achieved 11.8 @ 117.2 mph at pod so there mega quick for a £60 re map and exhaust
Mine had 5 gearboxs and 5 twin plate clutchs though
I am still paying for the things today lol....

If you're over 25 and live in a decent area then insurance shouldn't be ridiculous. I only paid £606 this year and £650 the year before that. I'm only 27.

Yh i did a quote and with me only being 22 insurance was about £1,800 which i thought was not to bad haha

Countryman JCW
I have owned an evo 8 at 525 bhp with a gt30 on a rod job engine
Also just sold my evo 6rs at 420bhp
Both fantastic cars but cost me a small fortune
They ate gearboxs and twin plate clutchs from pod and the mlrss
The 6rs from just a stage 1 re map achieved 11.8 @ 117.2 mph at pod so there mega quick for a £60 re map and exhaust
Mine had 5 gearboxs and 5 twin plate clutchs though
I am still paying for the things today lol....

ah, I wondered if you were the Northy from the MLR. Often saw your threads around the MLR sprints!

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I do remember watching that. Isn't that quite bad for the clutch though? Well maybe not on the 400 as I'm assuming there's a fancy clutch on that.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah its not great for any clutch tbh. Max torque basically gets put through it when pushing them from low revs.

Track 172, Focus RS
The 9 was my favourite ye, felt more nimble and raw but the running costs were pretty stupid, i was getting 17mpg on average and that was mostly driving like a granny. The X was more refined but felt alot heavier, mpg was around 27 for that so was really good. I just didnt get on with the sst gearbox very well

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Yep my 7 was the same, made worse by the tank being so small. Great cars though, so much potential.

R34 GT-R & 172 Cup
Well after selling my Nissan S15 decided i wanted an Evo, looked at a 9 but went with an X. I know they split opinions and the SST isn't to be liked by most but i love it! i drove a standard fq300 and was a bit plain but a few choice mods and there amazing!

Mine is running 370/370 and is blistering quick! A friend has an Evo9 GT 410bhp and another friend Evo6 450bhp, mine has no trouble sitting with them both even though its heavier and down on power, plus when you want to sit back and relax such a good cruiser averaging 25mpg and tones of luxury kit.

LOVE IT!

2013-11-19153439_zps31015bcb.jpg

2013-09-14212932_zpsff7b5a9c.gif