ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Evo picture and discussion thread

R34 GT-R & 172 Cup
At this moment in time yep! was talks of a hybrid evo next but been dropped for now. Too many car companies being able to now get 300bhp out of smaller cheaper to run engines and the pushing on companies to drop emissions has ruined it.

Countryman JCW
an Evo X is my next car!

Be 24 with 6 years NCB and no points..

Heres to a good price!

Running costs?

if your worried about running costs then I'd say that an Evo isn't for you... Wait until you can comfortably afford one then you will get a lot more enjoyment out of it rather than every time you go out in it you're looking at the fuel gauge or worrying about what could break next and how much it's going to cost to fix

i know from experience

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
The 9 was my favourite ye, felt more nimble and raw but the running costs were pretty stupid, i was getting 17mpg on average and that was mostly driving like a granny. The X was more refined but felt alot heavier, mpg was around 27 for that so was really good. I just didnt get on with the sst gearbox very well

What were services, insurance and consumables(tyres, brakes etc) like on the x?

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Evos are cheap to run as long as you get a good one with stage 1 mods done already. I prefer the 6 speeders which also get good mpg on long runs if the car has been mapped.

pocket money to run compared to my recently sold RS6.

as for the X, only model evo I have never owned, that should say it all.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Evos are cheap to run as long as you get a good one with stage 1 mods done already. I prefer the 6 speeders which also get good mpg on long runs if the car has been mapped.

pocket money to run compared to my recently sold RS6.

as for the X, only model evo I have never owned, that should say it all.

I'd expect a lambo in a suit to cost a bomb to run though. What's an evo like compared to a normal sporty car I.e. Clio, meg, astra, focus etc etc

and the last bit says to me you owned every evo then decided to go rs6 when the x was released tbh

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
I'd expect a lambo in a suit to cost a bomb to run though. What's an evo like compared to a normal sporty car I.e. Clio, meg, astra, focus etc etc

and the last bit says to me you owned every evo then decided to go rs6 when the x was released tbh

If your comparing against a newer clip cup, megane, focus rs etc than no different. You just need to make sure you shop around for best part prices and get the right tuner to fit. If you get a well maintained 8MR or IX you won't get any issues.

Drove plenty of 10s, just didn't like them hence why they can't be shifted for love or money. FYI I got the RS6 this year due to needing a estate, X has been around for some time now.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
If your comparing against a newer clip cup, megane, focus rs etc than no different. You just need to make sure you shop around for best part prices and get the right tuner to fit. If you get a well maintained 8MR or IX you won't get any issues.

Drove plenty of 10s, just didn't like them hence why they can't be shifted for love or money. FYI I got the RS6 this year due to needing a estate, X has been around for some time now.

thats good to know, aren't the service intervals 6 months though?

And mrs are the ones to go for, right?... And is mr on top of fq (so fq400 mr?)

im yet to drive any of them tbh, why was the x so bad?

Pat 182

ClioSport Club Member
  cliosport 182
My old 6 eXtreme

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1385824062138.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1385824062138.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 52
  • uploadfromtaptalk1385824083062.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1385824083062.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 69
  • uploadfromtaptalk1385824113412.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1385824113412.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 50
  • uploadfromtaptalk1385824142506.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1385824142506.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
thats good to know, aren't the service intervals 6 months though?

And mrs are the ones to go for, right?... And is mr on top of fq (so fq400 mr?)

im yet to drive any of them tbh, why was the x so bad?

10s feel nothing like driving a Evo. If you want the Audi feel than the 10 is the right car for you!

Evos 1-9 need servicing every 4.5k or 6 months. Servicing cost around 200-250 per service so roughly 500 a year. Cambelt service is 45k or 5 years.

i would only go for the MR models, prefer a nice MR360, cracking cars out of the box. Simple remap equals 400/400 with zero lag, cracker of a car.

Non MR models have plainer exteriors different turbos and cams so harder and more costly to return the same 400/400 as above.

Track 172, Focus RS
10s feel nothing like driving a Evo. If you want the Audi feel than the 10 is the right car for you!

Evos 1-9 need servicing every 4.5k or 6 months. Servicing cost around 200-250 per service so roughly 500 a year. Cambelt service is 45k or 5 years.

i would only go for the MR models, prefer a nice MR360, cracking cars out of the box. Simple remap equals 400/400 with zero lag, cracker of a car.

Non MR models have plainer exteriors different turbos and cams so harder and more costly to return the same 400/400 as above.

Agree with everything said here apart from the 10 not feeling like an evo, i know where your coming from if you mean the sst gearbox but a manual 10 with 400/400 is ace and is a more capable car than a 9

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Agree with everything said here apart from the 10 not feeling like an evo, i know where your coming from if you mean the sst gearbox but a manual 10 with 400/400 is ace and is a more capable car than a 9

Everyone will have a different opinion of course but no 400bhp X will nail or come close to a 400bhp IX GT ;-)

its almost the same as saying the Scooby is a better car than the Evo!!!! Laughable ;-)

R34 GT-R & 172 Cup
Everyone will have a different opinion of course but no 400bhp X will nail or come close to a 400bhp IX GT ;-)

its almost the same as saying the Scooby is a better car than the Evo!!!! Laughable ;-)

well considering my X running 370bhp will sit with my mates 9 GT 410bhp, I will say your wrong. Too many people jump on the hate band wagon but with a few choice mods they are great cars and if u look on MLR you will be surprised with the amount of owners who have 10s now prefer them over older models.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
It's modern, i'd expect it to handle better. It's still not what an Evo is about, in saying that they simply wanted to revolutionise the Evo and they did.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Similar to the impreza's. take jims for example. Raw, basic, fast, fun, etc. Later ones after the classic shape just got a bit refined, easy to drive. Not saying they arnt as much fun (I've had a 53 evo 7) just not in the same way. Like the phase 1 vs phase 2 debate,

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
What's a 53 plate Evo? An 8?

There's one that's been sat in a space near my house for around 3 years. Was red, now pink. Ultra legs, carbon splitter, spoilers etc HUGE Ap brakes. Roll cage..

It seems a shame to be rotting away.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
well considering my X running 370bhp will sit with my mates 9 GT 410bhp, I will say your wrong. Too many people jump on the hate band wagon but with a few choice mods they are great cars and if u look on MLR you will be surprised with the amount of owners who have 10s now prefer them over older models.

Been on the MLR for over 9 years and I still stand by what I say, clearly he could not pedal as I know if I was driving a true 400/400 it would of been a different outcome.

X are bad cars and do not get taken seriously, there are forged examples that can't even sell for 15k, yet a IX MR360 can yield 20k in the correct condition. Another point to note, don't see many Xs ruining in Time Attack, Hill Climbs, or even finishing in the top 10 results in 30-130 days. Opppssss ;-)

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
Just been reading this very nice cars I've always wanted one.
servicing isn't a problem to me.
What's mpg like on a run etc.
id be looking at a 7-8.