ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Evora is Ready!

Danny.. Same! I couldn't make my mind up about the yellow one.. T'was nice though!
Almost time for the run in service already! :)

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
IMG00127-20100710-1211.jpg

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Thought about this thread after seeing a blue/purple one at the weekend, how's it going Justin?

MKIII 138
great car, looks awesome like a super car :)

will you debadge it so that people think its a lambo or some other exotic make?

MKIII 138
LOL!!! Harsh! Whats wrong with LOTUS!

there very well known as a common or garden sports car maker, not a supercar maker. but that thing looks like an Italian super car or some exotic kit car.

a big separated L.O.T.U.S on the back kind of spoils it a little, its got to be about looks and image as much as performance lets be honest if it looked a dog you wouldn't own one at that price

id want it debadged so people had to ask me what it was :)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
If he wanted a Lambo i'm sure he would have kept his.

A Lotus is hardly a Lada!

FFS.

Evo 5 RS
that'd be about as 'alright' as you taking your Renault badge off because you're embarrassed by it.

Renault...Lotus....Renault...Lotus

Did make me lol though

DCi 100
I think people will be more assed about the noise it makes than the little tiny badge.

Anyone worth speaking to about cars will know what it is, everyone else can just look and go 'oooo' :)

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
LOL @ Phil. Seriously.

Anyone who knows nothing about cars will look at it and say "wow, a Lotus... a shiny orange Lotus. Where is the driver? He needs to Father our offspring"

Anyone who knows about cars will just know how good these things really are, high-five Justin, then call him a lucky c*nt as they walk off.

Win/Win.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
LOL @ Phil. Seriously.

Anyone who knows nothing about cars will look at it and say "wow, a Lotus... a shiny orange Lotus. Where is the driver? He needs to Father our offspring"

Anyone who knows about cars will just know how good these things really are, high-five Justin, then call him a lucky c*nt as they walk off.

Win/Win.

Utterly shite at pub quizes tho.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
lol. It's actually quite nice inside...Pedals are off centre which is strange at first. The sat nav/HU is a silly design but the seats and driving position are top dog! back seats are laughable as is the rear view.

MKIII 138
lol. It's actually quite nice inside...Pedals are off centre which is strange at first. The sat nav/HU is a silly design but the seats and driving position are top dog! back seats are laughable as is the rear view.

yea.. i though from the shots it looked real nice inside but im pissed that they didn't do their own nav system or make it look better around the edge bezel, too after market.
Im thinking the next revision could see some interior tweaks, but most probably they will just give it a stripe, 10 mil drop and call it a 'competition' version

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
It's an Alpine unit. Does the job i suppose, it's not Lotus's forte...So yeh, maybe they'll take somebody on to sort that out for the 'new' models to come.

MKIII 138
hope so, the point of this car to me is that it can combine some light weight ultra stiff chassis handling with cruising ability and some luxury.

have you driven one?

why do you think they went for the engine that they did and why do you think they put silly rear seats in when the engine could of been moved forward a bit

hope so, the point of this car to me is that it can combine some light weight ultra stiff chassis handling with cruising ability and some luxury.

have you driven one?

why do you think they went for the engine that they did and why do you think they put silly rear seats in when the engine could of been moved forward a bit

You're clearly missing the point. They wanted to add the seats to broaden the market its aimed at. As a 2 seater, its just aimed at the same people. With 4 (albeit 2 small ones) you can aim it at a couple with a kid, or two small children. Its actually really handy having the back seats incase I need to carry a third person.

The engine is a good choice really. Toyota reliability, but still provides the Lotus feel. If they had put a 2.0 turbo in it, I don't think it would have been as good. Just my opinion.

As for rebadging it! LOL. To me, Lotus is a half decent badge, why pretend its something its not? I'm certainly not ashamed to drive a Lotus, and I seem to get everyone asking me what it is anyways, as no one has ever seen one! LOL.

The apline unit is pretty fiddley to get used it. In theory its great, as it controls everything through it (iPod/Nav/Camera etc) but it just isn't as good as it could be. Its not bad enough for me to warrant changing it though.

Thought about this thread after seeing a blue/purple one at the weekend, how's it going Justin?

Loving it so far. I've done a small review on PH, but so far so good. Its had its run in service (£83), and is going great. I guess I'm still in the honeymoon period just now, so I suppose only time will tell how it goes. I am looking forward to getting it on track sometime to see what it can do. Mighty impressed so far.

They look like happy tic tac's with mascara on!

LOL!

^ lay off the drugs wee guy!

Tina's getting bummed offshore at the min so not much driving being done i'd imagine!

Unless Lotus have done another:

View attachment 41799

:lolup: Yeah not many miles yet, think I'm up to 1250 so far. Not bad for three weeks.

LOL @ Phil. Seriously.

Win/Win.

This man has taste :approve:

MKIII 138
You're clearly missing the point. They wanted to add the seats to broaden the market its aimed at. As a 2 seater, its just aimed at the same people. With 4 (albeit 2 small ones) you can aim it at a couple with a kid, or two small children.

i get what your saying but to be uncomfortable and trapped in the back of a tiny sports car isnt a good way of wowing your mates or even good for kids (unless it has full isofix and can fit a child seat.. but then why would you have this type of car)

they released a cheaper version with less weight and no back seats very quickly afterward so to me its a half acknowledgment that they knew a large amount of customers would buy one without rear seats as they would never reasonably use them.

dont get me wrong id own one in a heart beat if i could :) great looking thing.