ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The French Wiganese

182 Turbo Project
Cheers mate, do the backrests come out as a set? How loud is it with it stripped at the rear, I have a feeling the missus won't be happy! Ha ha.

This may well be my last post! lol

200 FF Storm Grey
Cheers mate, do the backrests come out as a set? How loud is it with it stripped at the rear, I have a feeling the missus won't be happy! Ha ha.

This may well be my last post! lol

They twist apart with them being folding but yeh they all come out as a set, honestly it takes about 30 seconds, mine is stupidly loud (yozza & decat), the mrs fooking hates it, but I love it and so do all my mates so she can keep on moaning for all I care, it's your car after all ;)

200 FF Storm Grey
O hello again

Not updated this for a good few months, as usual winter blues kicked in and hadn't done much to the car at all except an oil change (it seems to be using around 1/2 a litre of oil every 4-6 weeks so need get find out why).

New year came anyway so got my act together and got a few pieces bought...

First of all got an OMP Steering wheel for my birthday along with OMP Boss Kit, originally wanted a suede steering wheel but heard a few bad tales with regards to them only lasting a matter of months and I do over a 1000 miles a month so went for the Trecento as it was nice & subtle...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Didn't really want to fit until I had my seats as thought it might look daft, so set about finding the seats that were right for me, was quite hard to come to a decision so in the mean time...

I fitted some new front pads along with brembo HC front discs...

Ordered a new rear plate (no border or garage name like the old one) so nice & clean looking along with a Xenon white rear plate bulb, no pics of that at the mo, freshened it up nicely though.

Fitted what I thought were some bright white LED side light bulbs, turned out to be more of a blue which I aint too keen on some might change

Only £3 off ebay and cleaner than the sh1te yellow ones, will get some pics posted

Been running standard seats with a stripped rear which looked ridiculous so knew I needed buckets, I'm murder for wanting things right so was toying with the best combo both looks wise and quality, decided on Cobra Suzuka Pro's and almost by accident stumbled upon a guy selling a set Brand New still packaged so snapped them up and they were delivered to the girlfriends.

Also purchased some new aluminium Cobra Side Mounts.

Went to dads garage that same morning to set about taking old seats out (as they had been sold) and putting new in...

(get your mate on the cold floor doing the work, always best way)

Once they were out I'm scratching my head how to get them to fit...

Soon realised that it wasn't as straight forward as I thought and I either needed to do some welding or (after reading on here) that I needed subframes, which at the time were going to be £100+ a pop so was a bit p1ssed off, so old seats went back in and new ones shoved in my dads work shop.

Realised OMP subframes would do the job so made a wanted thread not expecting anything then a local fella happened to have one so picked it up next night, only £30 so I was happy.

This was Tuesday I think, thursday night I remember the fact I need get it fitted on saturday and completely ignored the fact I needed harnesses up until now so got onto google, by pure luck of searching I found a lad on a 106 forum selling a set of 4 point OMP's, sent him a text, 1/2 hour later they were mine for £90.

Now I needed to figure out how to get them from Leeds as I had no chance of picking them up before saturday so... paypal the seller next morning, got mate at Leeds uni to pick them up, he lives near skipton which is where the buyer of my standard seats (Jay) lived so Chris dropped them off with Jay & jay brought them down to me on the Saturday morning.

183804_10150420904775118_895655117_17190107_7802877_n.jpg

Friday day (before they were collected) I realised they had no catches on as the previous owner had them on a harness bar so got on the phone to him to see if he had any, he didn't, so spent my dinner hour going round all sorts of places trying to find something I could bodge them to the eye bolts with & was going round trying to find eye bolts aswell.

Ended up with eye bolts that were tiny and some of those latches that climbers use, no good lol, got on the phone to demon tweeks and luckily they had graysons catches left so reserved them along with a bag of eye bolts.

Drove from wigan to wrexham next morning for the sodding things...

Cost me about £60 after petrol for just that, serves me right for leaving it last minute, buyer of my seats was on his way so had to shoot back up to wigan and get mine out.

2nd time lucky and went to fit my new seat (old ones had gone now), so was hoping it was going to fit, didn't see a reason why it wouldn't

Bit of a pain to fit as if I fitted the sidemounts to the subframe first I couldn't get the seat in between the side mounts, and if I fitted to the side mounts first it didn't want to seem to line up with the subframe and I was on my own so balancing seat on one arm and trying to use a wrench and spanner in the other resulted in me getting a bit stressed, like anything though once you've done it it's obvious second time.

Got it in, was perfect fit for me to be honest, never sat in a bucket seat before and I'm quite skinny so was suprised how tight it felt (and also a bit worried as to how half of my mates were going to get in lol)

And the harnesses

Car definetely feels alot nippier with quite a bit of weight out of it (prob saved around 40 kilo I'd say).

Next day I went to fit the wheel, it was clear 10 minutes in that I had the wrong boss but mate seemed to think it was right, word of advice... if you're doing something for the first time, do it on your own with a brew and no distractions...

As before i knew it I was cutting away at my airbag wires to make it fit, which has left a mess and then started trying to get the disc off behind the wheel (you'll know what I mean if you've changed it before), my own fault as I should of just gone with my common sense when I saw it was wrong...

Anyway I'm now left with this mess...

My indicators won't self cancel & my steering wheel sensor isn't registering (had it on clip software) so now got ESP & ABS lights on, I think the boss may be wrong at the back, opinions?

The old steering wheel had wings, and that obviously doesn't, in the pic above you can see that disc has been snapped clean off but from looking at it i can't see what it possibly does apart from make the disc behind turn, and that disc turns anyway due to the wire block sitting in the cutout of the boss kit, anybody had this problem aswell?

Anyway sent that back to Rally Nuts and got the replacement sent out (had to pay for the courier and difference in cost which I weren't too impressed with as it was there mistake), put the steering wheel on for the time being (old one is for sale).

Also removed the standard belts.

Also for sale :)

Gave the car a proper going over inside

And got my mates to do some shots that afternoon for me...

DSC_8245.jpg

DSC_8348.jpg

DSC_8255.jpg

DSC_8258.jpg

DSC_8260.jpg

DSC_8332.jpg

DSC_8268.jpg

DSC_8265.jpg

DSC_8342.jpg

200 FF Storm Grey
I'm quite happy with how the car is turning out, just angry at myself for the whole steering wheel issue.

Car is booked in for a machine polish & wax end of this month so going to take 2 days off work before The Fast Show to get it immaculate, all the plastics need treating and wheels need a good going over to, not been toucjed by my fair hands since september (been letting the poles have their way with it).

At the end of this month i'll also be painting the callipers black & putting some black bolts covers on aswell as changing the drivers fog lights (it's rusted)

The other subframe should also be coming in the next week or two so will finally have some company again.

Plans for the next 6 months are:

RS Tuner Map
182 Splitter (got the megane one at the mo and can't stand it)
Carbon Fibre Rear Door Cards
Black OMP Strut Brace
Braided lines & fluid change
Bushes replaced

I'm also looking to buy a cheap scooter i.e a vespa and get my own place closer to work, hate putting miles on the car and think I'd see a nice little saving on fuel by knocking about on the scooter.

Long term plans for the car are:

Rear Roll Cage
4 Pots brakes & cup racer brake ducts
Inside could do with a professional respray as only did it with rattle cans
Engine bay tidy up (hosing, bit of painting etc...)
Uprate door speakers
Exhaust & Mani heat wrapped
Track Time

And just generally enjoy it and look after it as it becomes old, ideally want a second car and give this a full over haul mechanics wise

Renault Clio 1.2 16v
sounds good mate, glad you finally got your seat in! shame about the steering wheel but it still looks good. looking great so far

200 FF Storm Grey
Cheers mate, you not want my 182 steering wheel yet? lol

Update:

Second seat now fitted along with harnesses, don't look like such an idiot any more in the morning rush hour lol.

Was a bit worried the seat was a bit skinny for the car (even though it's a clio) but the two fill the car perfectly and look ace.

BG FF 182
Looks good dude! Ride heights looks spot on with the new springs... do you have any difficulty with speed bumps etc with them? Contemplating a set for my 182. Ta :)

200 FF Storm Grey
Looks good dude! Ride heights looks spot on with the new springs... do you have any difficulty with speed bumps etc with them? Contemplating a set for my 182. Ta :)

They're Ktec coilovers mate, not too sure what they're set at but since i've changed the seats it seems to be at the perfect compromise now for driveability (doesn't rub so much) and height.

It's not silly low, only problem I have is my backbox sometimes catches on big speed bumps.

Love this.

Cheers mate!

(s)Low Dynamique
So beautiful. Glad you didn't write it off with that accident, I had a tear in my eye when it was on its' side!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Pretty epic build mate very impressed, the last I seen it was it was on it's side.

Seats look tidy not too garish, same with the new wheel. It'll feel like a different car just with a new wheel.

Can't hear the exhaust on this screen but I imagine it's mental loud.

200 FF Storm Grey
So beautiful. Glad you didn't write it off with that accident, I had a tear in my eye when it was on its' side!

Lol, I felt like the biggest fool in the world when I did it!

Looking good mate. Is your Dads garage at the back of the reality building?

Yeh mate, how you know it? There most weekends now doing stuff on the car lol, it's so handy

Looks spot on mate.

Is that Sims driveway?

Yeh mate!

Pretty epic build mate very impressed, the last I seen it was it was on it's side.

Seats look tidy not too garish, same with the new wheel. It'll feel like a different car just with a new wheel.

Can't hear the exhaust on this screen but I imagine it's mental loud.

Cheers mate, I know I remember the argument over whether it would ever be repairable :rasp: lol.

Well that was the idea, wanted something that I wasn't going to out grow plus it doesn't leave me too locked in with when I want to change the cars looks as think i'll be scrapping the red thing soon, too many black cars with red wheels on here now!

Yeh it just fills the cabin, on them video's it doesn't really come through too well, think I'm going to go for that JMS Pop & Bang package with the inlets & induction set up as it sounds like it has all the benefits of the RS Tuning map so sound different again in the near future.

AG 200 cup
Yeh mate, how you know it? There most weekends now doing stuff on the car lol, it's so handy

I work across the road at vauxhall and drive around reality most days to get new cars of there. I'll need to nip across when your there to get a proper look at your car.

200 FF Storm Grey
Ah right mate, you seen the name on the garage or something then?

Yeh pop round if you see me, was contemplating sorting a bit of an open day, good for pics round there, on site steam cleaner, dad could check over any problems on motors and mates have a big variety of nice motors so could be a good day!

200 FF Storm Grey
Couple of little updates:

Car hadn't been cleaned by my fair hands since last september and had been subject to the local polish so paintwork was looking a little dull...

Dusted off the old cleaning gear and reminded myself of what I actually had...

Jet washed the car down, gave it a good scrubbing with Meguiars shampoo using two bucket method, used Auto glym paint correction on alot of the car and then Sonus Perfection polish all over, applied Auto Glym extros gloss protection (very impressed with this stuff, basically a medium duty wax & sealent in one, apply it wet and let it dry), while this was drying I cleaned the glass with turtle wax glass cleaner and treated all the plastics with a good coating of turtle wax black in a flash & spent a good hour polishing through the 6 months of grime around the exhaust.

Didn't get chance to do a full wax with the victoria cruising wax but to be honest the Autoglym extra gloss stuff seemed to do as good a job.

Then got the car on the two post ramps to do the callipers and clean the wheels.

Went with this...

Pics of the finish after the wash & sly shot of the callipers...

Left the callipers to dry over night and went home with my dad, was going down to santa pod next day so got up early to put the wheels back on and tidy a few bits up plus did an oil change.

Also removed the fog lights just to see how it looks, quite suits it really, it's just confirmed that the brake ducts I intend on getting will suit it down to the ground (pic of the remove fog lights further down)

Headed down to the fast show...

Pic of the freshened up brakes...

http://img705.imageshack.us/i/savedpicture.jpg/

I also removed the sticker off the back, made it alot cleaner looking along with the new blank rear reg plate...

And a couple of pics I found on here :)

5564841875_f524fea183_z.jpg

5565418760_1b14833eed_z.jpg

Prob give fast show a miss next year, been two years running and its obvious imo that the organisers just don't make an effort with it, traders just seem to be naff, show has no organisation (all the tat & hanging cars seem to get pride of place!) and just not much there of interest really.

Last edited:
  200 FF Storm Grey
Highly likely this will be going up for sale, you can all see the background to any past issues.

It's currently on 57k miles, will be taxed for 6 months, is MOT'd until January (no issues at all except a bulb had gone and the de-cat had a blind eye turned to it).

Car will also have two new front tyres when it comes to being sold.

Will be letting it go for £3800.