ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The GoPro Thread

Brookie.

ClioSport Club Member
I love Morzine! Such an awesome place, decent video too.

Got my Hero 3 back in November, haven't actually properly used it yet.

I thought of a million different things I could use it for before I bought it, haven't actually put any of those ideas into practice. Fail!

Sure is mate, I love it! We're looking to go back next year :)

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
I want my videos to be like Sharky's but I get a really loud rattling noise that ruins the video. Ive already sent one Gopro back and got a new one but its just as bad! Any advice folks?

Original HD hero. I know the big knocks are the mount on the bumper which I understand. Im starting to wonder now if its the start/stop button on the top thats vibrating as ive seen a few videos online! Its very frustrating and a very irritating noise!

Its the top button! Cheers guys! Hopefully be able to fix it now!
Yep - that damn rattle (especially with the Hero HD!) I only got around it by drowning out the rattles with the ITB's / exhaust or adding a (dodgy) soundtrack... :eek:

​Good find on the button. I'll know for future! :)

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Another mindless day at home .. so I set the camera up for some more time lapse !

Kinda forgot I'd used it a few times so the battery only lasted about an hour :eek:

One shot every 10 seconds (or was it 5?) until the battery died.

I love how the clouds have so many different levels and agendas .. also picked up an ambulance going in next door .. didn't hear that turn up ! :S

Last edited by a moderator:

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Yep - that damn rattle (especially with the Hero HD!) I only got around it by drowning out the rattles with the ITB's / exhaust or adding a (dodgy) soundtrack... :eek:

You could try making a hole in the outer casing so you can run an external microphone. On the Hero 2 that gives you the option of decent stereo audio instead of the poor mono from the inbuilt mic.

Ph2 Clio 172
Thats the problem with time lapse videos. They nom the battery. I might buy a second case and cut a slot in it so I can run a charge cable into it to leave it going for much longer.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Thats the problem with time lapse videos. They nom the battery. I might buy a second case and cut a slot in it so I can run a charge cable into it to leave it going for much longer.

Surely a 'proper' video would use far more battery, taking, essentially 60/30 shots a second, not 1 every 5-60 seconds ?!

Mine's the HD Hero, so very old version - when it's running USB it doesn't seem to like to do anything else ? :S

Ph2 Clio 172
Yeah, of course. I meant in terms of what you would actually want to timelapse. Usually if you want to timelapse something it will be something that lasts a long time, like stars over night so 8+ hours.

If you plug it into a PC it wont work, but if you plug it into just a charge cable it will still record.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Yeah, of course. I meant in terms of what you would actually want to timelapse. Usually if you want to timelapse something it will be something that lasts a long time, like stars over night so 8+ hours.

If you plug it into a PC it wont work, but if you plug it into just a charge cable it will still record.

Just gone to do that and I think it's working :D

I guess it sees a computer (or the comp sees it) and does things that just a power input wont.

Going to give it 30 mins and see if there's anything to adjust then go for an overnight one or something !

:D

172 Ph1
Jiggle your camera about out of the cage, then do the same when it's locked in the cage. See if you can hear anything ?

I'm with you on the 'it's a GoPro feature' sort of noise...

:dapprove:

I noticed this noise on my Hero 2 and what I did was cut a piece of cardboard and placed it in the sliding / squeezing Clip bit and it's wedged in now , but it's as quiet as a mouse - none of that clicking noise over the recording.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
That's why I went 2nd hand ...

1/3 the price of a new one (cos you'd only get a £350+ 3 Black, right?) .. and it's been immense fun already !!

JezzaMac

ClioSport Club Member

Well I think ive fixed it or at least improved it! I just added a bit of velcro on the inside of the case and it has made a big difference! Only been of a short drive around the block so will see if I still think its better after I have been on a longer drive!

Sorry its a bit blurry but you get the idea!

96303F9E-A48F-4F90-8DF3-5310514263D8-14822-000008D2EBD524C8_zpsa0ce9644.jpg

Oil Burner
Playing around with the still's mode the other week. If only you could control shutter speed on these - would unlock so many possibilities!

Facebook hosting - so IQ is poo

395606_456100534482095_2035818735_n.jpg

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
As stated in line one of the opening post .. HD Hero, Gaz ;)

Does 1080p @ 30fps, 720p @ 60/30fps and lesser resolutions.

I'd guess it's 2-3 years old now but not entirely sure.

Ph2 Clio 172
I spent a long time looking for a cheap Hero2, but they weren't that cheap.

I ended up finding a Hero3 Silver with £50 off that made it cheaper than buying a Hero2 and WiFi backpack and Diving case. When you add in the extra stuff the 3 comes with as standard it isn't that bad. The Black edition is stupid expensive and utterly pointless unless you are making professional videos though.

​Check HotUKDeals, theres usually some offers on somewhere.

Edit: First hit on HUKD gives this, which is £70 off RRP - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=111012827524&clk_rvr_id=480683576362

JezzaMac

ClioSport Club Member
Me and Heez made this at work from spare parts to go and get our lunch! Took it for its first ride this evening. Few things to sort out like the brake in the middle of the frame etc but getting there!

[video=youtube_share;rFhezOpRGm8]http://youtu.be/rFhezOpRGm8[/video]

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Been messing about with all sorts of time lapse crap.

Decided to tidy the house and let the camera do its thing for about half hour (watch the clock on the back wall !!).

:eek:

Sound + HD on as usuall !

Last edited by a moderator: