ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The GoPro Thread

Bike*
I received mine last week, not used it much due to shite weather. Not raining today so i'm either going out on the Kawasaki or the MTB later. Can't wait!

Cupra
I just bought a silly amount of gopro mounts from DX.com. Cheap as chips, assuming customs don't slap me with an import fee...

I've not used mine for anything other than pratting around. Photo quality if the 3+ is pretty s**t as far as I can tell. Need to take it out in decent light for a proper test.

What tricopter have you got Addicted ? They look ace. But I really couldn't justify getting one!

I just bought a silly amount of gopro mounts from DX.com. Cheap as chips, assuming customs don't slap me with an import fee...

I've not used mine for anything other than pratting around. Photo quality if the 3+ is pretty s**t as far as I can tell. Need to take it out in decent light for a proper test.

What tricopter have you got @Addicted ? They look ace. But I really couldn't justify getting one!

I have 2 shown here: http://www.cliosport.net/forum/show...mote-Control&p=9866254&viewfull=1#post9866254

:)

I need to get the mounts, only have the stock ones atm, but I don't have a Motorsport one - really need one really to do anything outside of the tricoper.

Bike*
Uploaded a video of me on the bike. Anybody know why the quality is crap? how do you upload HD videos to youtube?
There is a little bit of rain water on the lens, but that can't be why.

I use gopro studio 2.0 to edit and export the video. It is 720p 60fps

Last edited by a moderator:
  Cupra
Uploaded a video of me on the bike. Anybody know why the quality is crap? how do you upload HD videos to youtube?
There is a little bit of rain water on the lens, but that can't be why.

I use gopro studio 2.0 to edit and export the video. It is 720p 60fps

A conversion must have gone wrong somewhere. That is definitely not at 720p.

Cupra
Busy day for my GoPro... I got an email back off their support desk to advise me to upgrade the firmware in order to fix the problem that the camera would freeze every couple of hours & all my stuff has just arrived from China, only 6 days after ordering.

If anybody else is after some cheap mounts, I can safely recommend dx.com. Stear clear of the aluminium (tripod) mounts though, as they don't grip/ lock onto the case as well as the plastic ones.

Now I can take the camera out for a spin on my bike finally.

Bike*
Busy day for my GoPro... I got an email back off their support desk to advise me to upgrade the firmware in order to fix the problem that the camera would freeze every couple of hours & all my stuff has just arrived from China, only 6 days after ordering.

If anybody else is after some cheap mounts, I can safely recommend dx.com. Stear clear of the aluminium (tripod) mounts though, as they don't grip/ lock onto the case as well as the plastic ones.

Now I can take the camera out for a spin on my bike finally.

How much delivery?

Paul.M

ClioSport Club Member
[video=youtube_share;XeZBqKvKo5o]http://youtu.be/XeZBqKvKo5o[/video]

Thought I would pop this here, my friend owen has just finished his quadcopter set up, should be some good videos coming from it.

Cupra
My 3+ is being picked up and going back to GoPro. It refuses to turn on and needs a reset 50% of the time. After having a trawl through various forums, they seem to have quite a few quality control problems. :(

Bike*
My 3+ is being picked up and going back to GoPro. It refuses to turn on and needs a reset 50% of the time. After having a trawl through various forums, they seem to have quite a few quality control problems. :(

Not had a problem with mine, other than this, once...

Last edited by a moderator:
  Cupra
Mine freezes if you leave it for more than a couple of hours, and the only way to turn it on is with a hard reset. (Battery out, hold shutter button, battery in, press power whilst still holding the shutter button). The camera is then put back to factory settings and is alright for another couple of hours.

I thought it might be a dodgy memory card, but it does the same without a card in. Fingers crossed the new one doesn't do the same.

jonno_c

ClioSport Club Member
  VW T6
Just picked one up for £50 off a mate. It's an oldie though, and need some cards/cases etc. What cards are best for the older ones guys? Prob would only need 2hrs max recording time (being generous).
y7y5a9y6.jpg

jonno_c

ClioSport Club Member
  VW T6
Yeah, I've gone old school ; )

Cheers, will sort one out and then need to get some decent mounts for the car/ Kite/ Bike etc ; )

jonno_c

ClioSport Club Member
  VW T6
And he text to say he has another case for me as well! All about connections ; )

jonno_c

ClioSport Club Member
  VW T6
Suction mounts-should I get the 200mph official Gopro one? Want to do some short films of the car, but don't want the thing falling off!

Rav4
I was really contemplating getting a goPro 3+ edition, but seems that there are quite a few issues with focusing problems.

Just seen this video, the quality looks awful, surely this cannot be right? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=307qU-JJXec

Seems like the alternative is the Sony version, but not seen much on that.

Any thoughts?

Cupra
My 3+ quality was okay, but it kept on freezing. I've just got it back after their repair/ replacement (with a bonus free battery from GoPro) so am curious to see how it goes.

GoPros seem to be like any other camera TBH, you get good ones and bad ones. They do offer a 30 day money back guarantee though... worth a shot if you need an action cam.

Rav4
My 3+ quality was okay, but it kept on freezing. I've just got it back after their repair/ replacement (with a bonus free battery from GoPro) so am curious to see how it goes.

GoPros seem to be like any other camera TBH, you get good ones and bad ones. They do offer a 30 day money back guarantee though... worth a shot if you need an action cam.

Andy, thanks for the reply.

Yap, it does seem that way.

Additionally, they say about a focusing issue, where people are having to crack open the lens and modify it manually, which I would not do.

Spent quite a bit of money on this bad boy.

Unfortunately I will not be able to return it within the 30 days, as I will be abroad shortly for the whole period.

The forums are really worrying me about how shocking it can be. I love the idea and the toy, but the cost vs the quality (i guess with anything) is a concern.

Do you use yours much?

Cupra
I only had it a couple of weeks before it drove me mad with the freezes. I did quite a few vids and didn't notice any focus issues. I'll have a check with the new one this weekend.

jonno_c

ClioSport Club Member
  VW T6
So got a go pole for snowboarding this season. Bloody hard to undo it though as the camera case gets in the way? Any ideas?

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1387481769415.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1387481769415.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 55