ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The GoPro Thread

Panda.

ClioSport Club Member
  850 T5
Yes, my go pro 2 started to do this, logged a support call on the go pro web site and they replaced it under warranty.... they said I had a 2 year warranty think I was in mth 23. But they said even if out of warranty they would sell me a silver 3 for 50%less. Give it a try....

Touch wood mine has started behaving and I only bought it a year ago so will still be well within warranty if it starts messing up again! Thanks for the heads up though and good to see they're being good about then issue! Month 23 is cutting it close ;)

.Joe

ClioSport Club Member
  Mini Clubman

when i first got my go pro, i got hooked on the time-lapse, ended driving southend to Rhosilli bay took up about 50Gb on my hard drive.
started using it for a lot of filming and as a main camera

Last edited by a moderator:
  Dodgy one
I had mine out for the first time in a while the other day, the roads were a bit too busy but it was good fun :)

[video=youtube_share;pJaQxr2P2vM]http://youtu.be/pJaQxr2P2vM[/video]

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Is the lcd display knakered mate, was just flickering when I tried it. Clarity is great on the vid

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
I actually like the HERO at £100 a pop. Yes it's 1080 @ 30FPS but for £100 it's ideal for sticking on the outside of the car and not worrying if it falls off.

Can't actually complain about 1080 at 30fps, the likes of Vimeo and YT only allow 30fps 1080. Just wait till you can get grey imports, they'll be so accessible for people.

I'm pretty disappointed that there is no 240fps at 720p. Why is it my iPhone can do that but an action cam can't.

Stunning but depressingly my seemingly 'powerful' PC can't handle 4K video playback very well, editing would be a nightmare.

The Silver is very tempting, me or my PC would never cope with the black edition.

Built in touch LCD
manual controls [like ISO]

Could be a good little travel camera!

Last edited:
  LY R26 230 F1 Team
Hi guys after some reccomendtions, just got a Hero3+silver and I'm after - Best place to get a 64gb card from, spare batteries and mounts?

Also what software are people using for time lapse and editing?

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Can't actually complain about 1080 at 30fps, the likes of Vimeo and YT only allow 30fps 1080. Just wait till you can get grey imports, they'll be so accessible for people.

I'm pretty disappointed that there is no 240fps at 720p. Why is it my iPhone can do that but an action cam can't.

The 4 Black can, you need to do an update if you're still on the original firmware though. The quality is better than iPhone6 240fps too.

Hi guys after some reccomendtions, just got a Hero3+silver and I'm after - Best place to get a 64gb card from, spare batteries and mounts?

Also what software are people using for time lapse and editing?

Amazon/GPD.co.uk

Premier Pro (any version).

Stunning but depressingly my seemingly 'powerful' PC can't handle 4K video playback very well, editing would be a nightmare.

The Silver is very tempting, me or my PC would never cope with the black edition.

Built in touch LCD
manual controls [like ISO]

Could be a good little travel camera!

The manual controls are present on the Black too, the LCD is a nice feature- I got the clip on one for mine and it's pretty handy for framing shots. The raw Gopro vids aren't meant to be played back raw I don't think. I used to have an i5 and that wouldn't playback high bitrate stuff at all. I've got a 4Ghz i7 now and that seems to be ok though, but there's no way you should need a high end CPU to playback videos. 4K or no 4K.

Finally got one. Have a case and second battery. What else is worth buying? Dual charger perhaps?

Got to get them all IMO. I recently got a nice Smatree waterproof case. Has space for 2 cameras and quite a few accessories (although I can't fit all mine in...). Dual charger is useful for preparing multiple batteries in advance, it does come with a spare battery so not a complete scam at £37. The LCD bacpac is pretty nice, gives you option to playback and very handy for framing narrow lens shots as it's easy to miss things otherwise.

Some sort of floaty handle is essential for shooting in water.

What suction cups are people using, genuine or cheaper alternative?

The official Gopro one is about £25 IIRC, it's VERY strong. I don't doubt the claims that people have done 170mph with them on the outside of the car. I would always recommend using a cable tie (you can get metal ones pretty cheap from Amazon) and then attach it to something solid along with the screw on the camera. That way if the suction cup fails for whatever reason, at least it just dangles for a bit instead of losing it. Although the dent it could cause might cost more to fix than a new camera I suppose :D

AdDaMan

ClioSport Club Member
I have the one with a touchscreen. It's awesome. Such a great screen too. Just bought the smart remote for it too [emoji3]

So mine is a Hero4 silver. It has a screen on the back but don't believe it's touch screen. I'm happy enough with that - I don't feel I need touch screen or a bigger screen.
A suction mount would be good but I want one that will attach to the interior of cars, areas like the dash...?
And which float mount for diving etc?

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3

when i first got my go pro, i got hooked on the time-lapse, ended driving southend to Rhosilli bay took up about 50Gb on my hard drive.
started using it for a lot of filming and as a main camera

Amazing, very fascinating to watch time lapses. I'd like to do this one day.

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
I have had my hero 4 silver for a couple of weeks and it's a touch screen, took a couple of videos over the week messing around.
Just editing them a bit on Premier Pro.

The official gopro suction mount is the one to go for, I bought cheapo one and it was f**king s**t.

AdDaMan

ClioSport Club Member
So mine is a Hero4 silver. It has a screen on the back but don't believe it's touch screen. I'm happy enough with that - I don't feel I need touch screen or a bigger screen.
A suction mount would be good but I want one that will attach to the interior of cars, areas like the dash...?

Get a head rest mount (if your seats allow) Hague is the best one. I use it and it's great. Got front and rear view on it.

AdDaMan

ClioSport Club Member
I have had my hero 4 silver for a couple of weeks and it's a touch screen, took a couple of videos over the week messing around.
Just editing them a bit on Premier Pro.

The official gopro suction mount is the one to go for, I bought cheapo one and it was f**king s**t.
That or a RAM mount from America. They are even better.

AdDaMan

ClioSport Club Member
I had a read about them too. Just don't get a chinese jobby, they will fall off immediately. 😂
Yeah exactly.
I used to have a RAM on my gopro black, and honestly you can hang off it with all your weight and the windscreen would crack before it came off. Crazy.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
I have the one with a touchscreen. It's awesome. Such a great screen too. Just bought the smart remote for it too [emoji3]

Don't know how I forgot that. The smart remote is my favourite piece so far- it's fine using your phone for a remote, but when you're on a quadbike/gokart it's nice to have a reliable remote control.

Are you sure it's not touch? I thought it was the same as the clip-on one for the black, how else do you flick through saved videos or can't you?

I got this one, the official one looks a bit smaller, but looks like it'll pickup more dirt too..

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00RLARAQE/?tag=cliospnet01-21

Something up with the site currently mate. I still got notified.

My seats don't accommodate head rest mounts so need a suck dash or window mount.

Megane 250
Why people would buy a cheap suction mount is beyond me, I've got the genuine go pro one and have no doubts it will stay on the side of a car at ridiculous speeds.

I made a time lapse a few weeks back, first I've done, set it to 10secs a shot which I think may have been too long?

BMW M4; S1000 RR
For time lapse you've got to consider how fast things are moving and how fast you're going to do playback. If you're using it on cars then between half a second and a second would be appropriate IMO. You will want a big SD card :D

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Where is best place to buy the smart remote from, anyone selling one?
Just got a hero 3+ from the Argos deal.
Any tips for first setup?
Cheers.