ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The GTi (56k no no)

MKIII 138
did they come in purple, really maxed out the meg today on a big roundy with one in front of me (lowered, buckets ect.) and i have to say it was a wee bit tidier and able to take the corner as fast if not faster than me

Saxo VTS
what is the gti, 1600? and what kinda bhp/stats and times do they pull out?

possible next car, love the looks :)

jamie

1997-2001 120bhp - 0-60 std about 7.4
2001 onwards 130bhp 0 - 60 about 7.2.

I had 3 of them, love the things.

Had one running 153bhp at fly.

Then a throttle bodied one running 184bhp

Can anyone confirm this?

Looks like a really nice example you got there!

C250 AMG & 172 Cup
There was an Issue in car Magazine mate a couple of years back, cant seem to find it online to prove it. However the Manufacturers claimed 8.6 or sommet like that for 0-60, tested the car half loaded in aid to keep insurance premiums down so the magazine reported.

Anyways they did an independent test of the car and i remember it being 7.27 seconds 0-60 that was the quickest out of 3 runs. Apparently best launch is to hold the car at about 3600rpm and dump the clutch and off you go. I know in a straight line after having a 172 and 182 after that they arent at all of the pace of a clio sport.

C250 AMG & 172 Cup
Apparently, something to do with an Air Recirculation valve and increased air flow. Some say its a myth though........

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Most of the 106 guys feel its a myth too.

Although some STD cars have RR'd around the 130 mark.

C250 AMG & 172 Cup
Well i had 2 1998's and 99, neither of them were at all of the pace off the newer ones some of my mates had when they were all in std form.

My standard one was RR'd at 128bhp.

Then it had Full magnex, de-cat, Supersprint 4-2-1, Ecosse forced induction with green filter, cat cam 708's, Dastek ECU. Didnt have the rev limiter raised but that RR'd at 153bhp.

Then i had same mod's along with Jenvey 45mm TB's, with Emerald Stand alone ecu and uprated injectors running 184bhp, i ran that with a vtr box though for while as it got through 2 gti boxes in 3 months with an 8200rpm limiter!

Oh and yeah they did them in like a purple colour (well im colourblind so i might be wrong) in 1997 only before they bought in the 1/2 leather interior and without bumpstrips on the doors.

Something like this???? Or are my eyes really bad....

87_1.jpg

Last edited:
did they come in purple, really maxed out the meg today on a big roundy with one in front of me (lowered, buckets ect.) and i have to say it was a wee bit tidier and able to take the corner as fast if not faster than me

Something faster than your megane????

Surely not! ;)

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Waite a second. Is this Surprise Surprise or Friends Re-United? Do you know Terry Waite? Or Geoff Capes, of Weightlifters?

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
On a proper A //b ROAD A SORTED 106 WOULD BEAT A 172
lovely little car you have there

ian