ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The highest power Clio 1*2 build ever?

cjgower

ClioSport Club Member
Loads of us run low boost these days, some high-boost, but what about those with more?

I came across this and it got me thinking: https://www.instagram.com/cliofu/ - seems like it's being built for big numbers.

300/350 seems common for high boost. How many big power (400+) Clio's are on here? I've come across a few before but don't tend to hear much from them.

172 Turbo
I'm sure there is a chap named memmet? Has a RB with gold wheels and I want to say he's running circa 500bhp?

The engine was built by that guy who wasted his insurance pay out on his Clio, 50k springs to mind?

Having been a VW engined 400+ bhp Clio whilst it was quick, I'd have not wanted to be in it if it had gone wrong!

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
See above, Chris is Scoff, same person and its just shy of the magic 1000bhp

still can't dip her into the 9's at pod though, he's ahaving such a mission with it despite Rob smashing a 9.9 think it was with the older F7 engine and about 700bhp

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
yeah traps from Chris are getting mad really, Rob has 0.2 on him on the 60ft though, 1.4 to 1.6 iirc which counts for loads up top despite trap of only 142 ish

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
While I find this interesting, what always comes straight to my mind is, how much is useable in a street or track car. I think anything above 250 hp is getting a bit silly in a lightweight front wheel drive car. Yet, car's like the Pinderwagen for example seem to handle quite a bit more.

oh totally unusable in real terms, north of 300 just gets silly but for comedy value on point and squirt A road stuff that level of power and above is just hilarious

cjgower

ClioSport Club Member
While I find this interesting, what always comes straight to my mind is, how much is useable in a street or track car. I think anything above 250 hp is getting a bit silly in a lightweight front wheel drive car. Yet, car's like the Pinderwagen for example seem to handle quite a bit more.

I was chucked the keys for a week to a Stage 3 Golf R. 530bhp. The car handled it well, me on the other hand... can't really enjoy or explore that level of power safely on a public road.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
To me, it's interesting from a technical perspective but not much else.

It's like having your favourite beer at circa 6% being dialled up to 60% alcohol and strangely tasting the same. Yes, you'll laugh at the time you got wankered on a single pint of the stuff, but it's not something you'd live with (or want) daily.

I was chucked the keys for a week to a Stage 3 Golf R. 530bhp. The car handled it well, me on the other hand... can't really enjoy or explore that level of power safely on a public road.

Golf R is a completely different car compared to an old Clio. My mate has a 440 hp Golf R, and it drives that kind of horsepower like it's stock. Really really good car.
My personal feelings about the Clio say that a low boost conversion is enough, and that 230 to 250 hp on NA form would be even better (faster on track).