ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Supercharged Sunflower + Forged Engine + Brembos + Recaros + 16" F1s

Thanks mate, mine should be running tonight.

Im buying bilsteins for mine Chi.

Good luck mate hope all go's to plan :)

@Phase1sr I put them on my ph1 and a btb exhaust. . Turning into a money pit lol

Those GAZ coilovers that bloke is selling on here look like a good bit of kit & a great price too wonder what the ride is like id go for them if it wasn't a crashy ride.

Money pit hahahaha

lovely, lovely motor. I agree with the previous comment, nicest car on here......

Thanks very much mate :)

ph1 172 Excl, Cossie
I run 275 front, 200 rears, and the ride is not crashy at all, in fact I would say pretty comfy!

People on here seem to go for 325/225 as their chosen rates for the road, or 400/350 for a track terrier.

I am old and wanted a bit of comfort!

I hope this clears things up a touch!

What rates do you run on your cars Chi?

Thanks

Weeksy

Matt205

ClioSport Club Member
Epic build mate, loving the attention to detail. Had a phase 1 (Iceberg) myself we only got 85 of them here (Australia) and only 3 or 4 were Sunflower and now 1 remains! Sold my Ph1 to buy a Lotus Elise and regretted it, hope to buy it back one day.

But I digress, I'm currently building up a 182 Cup, just freshly painted in Glacier White (will be the first one down here) and I am smitten with that wing of yours. Having read through your entire thread the details seem sketchy, don't suppose you have a Renault Part number for it?

Congrats on this awesome car!

Well I thought it was about time I update this seen as though I havnt been on the forum for months.

After owning the car for 5years & taking it from a completely standard Ph1 172 to what it is now has involved a lot of hard work & blood sweat & tears but it's all been worth it & I've loved every minute of owning this car, but all good things must come to an end so the car will be up forsale around the end of the summer.
It pains me to do it but it's all most certain I'll be moving to Sydney Austrailia at the end of the year & I can't justify taking It with me, that's even if it would get in the country & pass the requirements. I'll be selling my R26 aswell but I'm keeping the V6 & hopefully getting that shipped over to Oz at a later date.

Anyway the end of the summer is a while off yet & no project is ever finished really & this project is no different, I've still got some things I want to do to the car to enjoy it even more before I sell it. As ive got the R26 for my daily car it's just a toy really that I only use on the road now & again & getting the V6 last summer has meant I drive it even less on the road, so I'm going to do as many track days as I can in it to enjoy it to it's full potential. Ill be fully stripping it out & fitting a lightweight fixed bucket seat, change of suspension, finally fitting the standalone ecu & getting it mapped again & a few other things.

*Strip out
*lightweight Bucket Seat
*Fit Typhoon ecu & mapped off Paul (rs tuning)
*Change of suspension probs brand new Cup Shocks & Cooksports
*Either replace the high pressure PAS hose or do the Epas conversion if I can get a dummy pulley sorted to replace the pump
*Modify & fit the Scenic shifter I've got
*Have the gearbox rebuilt or buy a LSD box if one pops up forsale
*Respray the engine bay again & Spray inside the shell Sunflower yellow
*Finally get that mag feature

When it does go forsale I don't have a clue how much to ask for but I do know I won't be giving it away, I know you don't get your money back when modifying cars but Im not letting it go for nothing I'd rather break it for parts & sell it as a standard Sunflower.

These were taken by @Niall97 I've had to use photobucket to upload them though as flickr isn't copying he link for some reason, so the quality has suffered.

B3043A62-DC09-422C-917F-D60B068F709B_zpsfo6p6lmq.jpg

381155ED-D445-4593-AB90-6F227E9A2388_zpsvghtpjbi.jpg

EA2428F7-D6C8-45E6-99BF-1003AC38C40B_zpsg9uoleuf.jpg

D6144B7B-9A15-40F2-B5DE-5B2340E2CB1D_zpslhprdpib.jpg

0AF1E314-0593-4B6A-A128-0FF01CFB0F21_zpsnodcohnr.jpg

5077A57B-B36F-4D71-BDD3-DF3C28535F8C_zpshxsmyhfb.jpg

EF1373F4-1422-4672-9938-E94A1FA01B5B_zps9p5if8be.jpg

1E367734-89BE-49C0-823F-22DF1ED814FA_zps6zw6bewi.jpg

E383725D-0D8C-4D18-BBFD-D9BCF33E1E0A_zps3jgvu6nk.jpg

Epic build mate, loving the attention to detail. Had a phase 1 (Iceberg) myself we only got 85 of them here (Australia) and only 3 or 4 were Sunflower and now 1 remains! Sold my Ph1 to buy a Lotus Elise and regretted it, hope to buy it back one day.

But I digress, I'm currently building up a 182 Cup, just freshly painted in Glacier White (will be the first one down here) and I am smitten with that wing of yours. Having read through your entire thread the details seem sketchy, don't suppose you have a Renault Part number for it?

Congrats on this awesome car!

Thanks very much @Matt205 haha you been Bort the sunflower? I follow a few of your fellow austrailian renault sport owners & I've seen the pics of Bort. A white 182 will stand out over there, are you in Sydney I'm guessing? The spoiler might have a part number on it but it's bonded onto the other spoiler now so it's hiden away sorry mate, if I see another one I'll make it fit in my suit case & bring it over with me lol.

Love the new photo's, it's perfect :smile:

Cheers Ash

2014 Clio 200t edc
Lovely mate. I might have missed it but what spoiler do you have on it? Looks strangely weird but really good!!

I would be seriously interested in taking it off your hands and looking after it :smile:

The only thing I would do is change the wheels for 15 inchers, which would probably mean shaving down the Brembos.

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
End of an era, I'm sure you'll get whatever you ask for this car it is awesome. Some nice billsteins are what it deserves

Lovely mate. I might have missed it but what spoiler do you have on it? Looks strangely weird but really good!!

Thanks mate, its a genuine Renault spoiler from the option book when the
ph1s were new.

I would be seriously interested in taking it off your hands and looking after it :smile:

The only thing I would do is change the wheels for 15 inchers, which would probably mean shaving down the Brembos.

Thats what it needs somebody to take good care of it & enjoy it.
Yeah you would have to shave the calipers & get different brackets made to suit the 280mm discs.

End of an era, I'm sure you'll get whatever you ask for this car it is awesome. Some nice billsteins are what it deserves

Sure is mate didnt think id ever part with it but other things are more important.
As for the billsteins they will cost to much, if i was keeping the car id look at putting a good set of coilovers on it probs KW as i loved them on the 197, but im saving as much as i can for Oz but still doing a few things to the car without going daft spending a fortune so id rather spend the money on a lsd box if one pops up. The R26 is on Cup shocks & cooksports & the ride is great & so is the handling & ive been out in a couple of clios with the same setup & liked it so im sure it will be fine.

Reactions: Chi
Thats what it needs somebody to take good care of it & enjoy it.
Yeah you would have to shave the calipers & get different brackets made to suit the 280mm discs.

What discs are on it now out of interest. Does look so good with the 16 inch wheels though.

When you sell up send me the spec and price buddy :wink:

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Id love to own this car mate.
The biggest problem is finding the right owner who will love it as much as you have.

Id have to vet anyone who bought my car (not that I'm selling anytime soon) we put so much love and hard earned money in these car's that it's only right that they go to a good home.

Good luck with everything mate, I wish you all the best.

What discs are on it now out of interest. Does look so good with the 16 inch wheels though.

When you sell up send me the spec and price buddy :wink:

Its got 300mm Brembo discs on it mate. The 16s look so much better than 15s, tyres cost more to buy but in comparison to everything else ive spent on the car they are cheap lol. Ill do a full spec list now mate.

Id love to own this car mate.
The biggest problem is finding the right owner who will love it as much as you have.

Id have to vet anyone who bought my car (not that I'm selling anytime soon) we put so much love and hard earned money in these car's that it's only right that they go to a good home.

Good luck with everything mate, I wish you all the best.

Thanks Scott hopefully it'll be a good move & ill never look back.

Yeah thats the thing finding the right buyer as its not just a normal 172, the amount of work & money I've put into it, it deserves a good owner, like i said if it doesn't sell ill break it for parts rather than giving it away, it would be a shame but id rather do that.

To be honest, if I was the lucky one to buy this car, I probably wouldn't even change the wheels thinking about it. It wouldn't be a track slag, I have my one for that. It would be a weekend car, to take to shows and enjoy. Maybe the odd track day every now and again as it is (no smaller wheels, discs, caliper shaving),

To be honest, if I was the lucky one to buy this car, I probably wouldn't even change the wheels thinking about it. It wouldn't be a track slag, I have my one for that. It would be a weekend car, to take to shows and enjoy. Maybe the odd track day every now and again as it is (no smaller wheels, discs, caliper shaving),

Thats what it would be best suited to is say Martin a weekend car that you can do the off track days in & take to shows. The only reason I'm going to try do some track days in it before i sell it is i don't use it everyday I've got the r26 for that & being forged i don't want to do short journeys in it & since getting the V6 I've used it even less so it makes sense to have some enjoyment out of it on track where i can enjoy it the most.

The full spec of the car, I've probs missed something off.

Engine

2.0 16v F4R
Fully rebuilt
New Thrust Washers
New Big End Bearings
New Main Bearings
Cat Cam Valve Springs
Cat Cam 438 Cams
Supertech Valves
Custom Forged CP Pistons With 10:1 CR
Forged Cat Cam Rods
ARP Rod Bolts
Cometic Head Gasket
Fully Balanced
630cc Flow Matched Injectors
Rotrex C30 94 Supercharger
Custom Pro Alloy Intercooler
Custom Pro Alloy Slim Radiator
Slim Fan
Mocal Oil Cooler For SC
Megane Sport NGK Spark plugs
Megane Sport Crank Pulley
Forge Dump Valve
ITG Air filter
K&N Breather Filter
Black Silicone Boost Pipes
Custom Yellow Intercooler Pipes
Forge Black Coolant Hoses
Clio 182 4-2-1 Manifold
K-tec 2.5" Decat/Link Pipe
K-tec 2.5" Supersport Stealth
Helix Organic Clutch
Vibratechnics Engine Mount
Vibratechnics Gearbox Mount
Powerflex Dogbone mount
Aircon Removed
Non Sport A/C Bulkhead Panel
Iceberg Silver Engine Cover
Engine Bay Fully Resprayed Sunflower Yellow

Wheels & Tyres

Genuine Renault 16" OZ F1s In Bright Silver
205/45/16 Federal 595 RS-R

Brakes & Suspension

197 Brembo 4Pot Calipers
Custom Alloy Brackets
197 Goodrich Braided Front Lines
Scenic 300mm Brembo Discs
197 Brembo Front Pads
Goodrich Braided Rear Lines
Standard Rear Discs & Pads
Polly Bushed Bottom Arms
Polly Bushed ARB
K-Tec Coilovers
K-Tec Bolt-In Solid Top Mounts
FK 20mm Front Spacers

Interior

Ph2 172 Dash Conversion
Ph2 172 Door Cards
Dynamique Black Carpet
Recaro Treadline Front Seats
Ph2 172 Rear Seats
200 Steering Wheel
Boost Gauge In Pillar Pod
Alcantara roof lining
Dark Grey A Pillars
Dark Grey Sunvisors
Ph2 172 Silver Interior Handles
Ph2 172 Silver Handbrake Button
182 Silver Dash Strips
Satin Black Grab Handles
Satin Black Ph2 Speedo Surround
Ph2 172 Head Unit
182 Speakers Front&Rear
182 Tweeters In Rear

Exterior

Full Bare Shell Respray In Sunflower Yellow
Ph2 Rear Lights
4.3k HID Headlights
Clear Side Repeaters
Silvervision Indicator Bulbs
Rare Genuine Renault Spoiler
Master Van Door Lock Blanks
Ph2 Megane Front Splitter
Foglights Removed
Private Plate C14AGD

320bhp @Flywheel
270bhp @Wheels
0-60 @260bhp was 5.2secs so should be less now
165mph on the clocks

Everything in the engine bay has been powder coated silver, engine mounts, all Aux bracket work, subframe, the bottom arms & ARB have been powder coated yellow, also when it has its respray all the nuts, bolts, screws, speed clips, grommets were replaced with new.

When it is sold it will have its full normal interior fitted again & Ph2 172 carpet that looks brand new to replace the Dynamique one.

The things im doing to it over the summer will also be on the spec list too.

Typhoon ecu & mapped off Paul (rs tuning) so could be around 350bhp then.
Cup Shocks or Koni & Cooksports
A new high pressure PAS hose or do the Epas conversion
Scenic shifter
Gearbox rebuilt or buy a LSD box
Respray the engine bay again

Reactions: Gus
If p**n were a car...
✊✊

If it doesnt sell im sure Steve at r sports would be interested or ktec would sell it for millions. I have noticed you been quite on instagram lately, good luck with you move!

Haha going off how much they have that crash damaged 182 up forsale they would have mine up for double that lol. Yeah i have been quiet tbh mate had so much going on its unreal, should hopefully have some more time to post now.

Picture of the alcantara roof lining i did last year & i painted all the light grey trims dark grey, i also fitted a 197 airbag to replace base model one, the buttons don't work due to Ph1s not having cruise but it looks a lot better with the buttons & silver ring.

CDF5984C-B744-4D76-911E-4681D297BD39_zpsughcyrl9.jpg

B58662DF-067B-4737-A025-871E747BEAAD_zps2agwuib8.jpg

Chris V6 255

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 255, 182 Trophy
I love this car soooo much! One of the reasons I got a sunflower although mine will never be able emulate these standards of workmanship!

You know my love for this car! If I was to build a clio that wasnt s**t, I think it would be exactly like this but flame red lol

Hopefully see you before you go to aus at a show or such like :)

Actually, @DannyR should buy this!

Paul172sport

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1
Sad days mate but glad your going to enjoy it fully before you head down under and bet the vee will be a rare beast down there.

You know how much I would love to buy it. Half the forum would do. So sure it will get a good home

If you happen to think about selling the 16s pm me!