ClioSport.net

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

  • When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The 'I work in I.T' thread

I'm using phrase express for keyboard shortcuts which is deal for constantly typing out an email address in an email or a website. Saves so much time.

What I'm wanting, is an autocorrect software that i can program to 'confirm' the correction with the space bar, so I can just type as quickly as i would on my phone, but on keyboard. Is this a thing? According to claude, grammarly is the closet thing. But I tried it and didn't see much of an advantage over the default windows autocorrect suggestion / method.

If that's not a thing, is there a highly recommended voice to text software which works on chrome, which can work on here and in gmail/icloud? I do use voice to text a lot on claude but I'd rather also have the autocorrect option.
aye cheers lads
 
Screenshot_2026-06-10-08-26-58-188-edit_com.linkedin.android.jpg
 
I think I’m gonna go postal today.

Been dealing with a project manager the last few weeks. All their comms need feeding through a business bullshit reverse translator.

Engagement, progression, connect with, facilitate, yadda yadda yadda. Every time I email back and address their points, while asking the question “what do you want me to actually do” and I never get an answer. Then a few days later a new email thread basically saying the same thing in a different way.

Sorry buddy, if you want time from my team, you have to actually tell me what the request is. We’re not part of your project team, we are massively overloaded with work as it is, and I can’t help you “facilitate” jack s**t without knowing what you actually want so I can prioritise it against our other work.

Got another one yesterday and I think today is “I’m not playing this game any more, kindly f**k off” day 😂
 
I think I’m gonna go postal today.

Been dealing with a project manager the last few weeks. All their comms need feeding through a business bullshit reverse translator.

Engagement, progression, connect with, facilitate, yadda yadda yadda. Every time I email back and address their points, while asking the question “what do you want me to actually do” and I never get an answer. Then a few days later a new email thread basically saying the same thing in a different way.

Sorry buddy, if you want time from my team, you have to actually tell me what the request is. We’re not part of your project team, we are massively overloaded with work as it is, and I can’t help you “facilitate” jack s**t without knowing what you actually want so I can prioritise it against our other work.

Got another one yesterday and I think today is “I’m not playing this game any more, kindly f**k off” day 😂

Nobody does specification documents anymore I don’t know if it’s this new age agile bullshit but it just makes everything so much harder.
Ask for a spec and all I ever get back is a short email or “let’s have a meeting”.
 
I think I’m gonna go postal today.

Been dealing with a project manager the last few weeks. All their comms need feeding through a business bullshit reverse translator.

Engagement, progression, connect with, facilitate, yadda yadda yadda. Every time I email back and address their points, while asking the question “what do you want me to actually do” and I never get an answer. Then a few days later a new email thread basically saying the same thing in a different way.

Sorry buddy, if you want time from my team, you have to actually tell me what the request is. We’re not part of your project team, we are massively overloaded with work as it is, and I can’t help you “facilitate” jack s**t without knowing what you actually want so I can prioritise it against our other work.

Got another one yesterday and I think today is “I’m not playing this game any more, kindly f**k off” day 😂

Let's circle back next week.
 
I think I’m gonna go postal today.

Been dealing with a project manager the last few weeks. All their comms need feeding through a business bullshit reverse translator.

Engagement, progression, connect with, facilitate, yadda yadda yadda. Every time I email back and address their points, while asking the question “what do you want me to actually do” and I never get an answer. Then a few days later a new email thread basically saying the same thing in a different way.

Sorry buddy, if you want time from my team, you have to actually tell me what the request is. We’re not part of your project team, we are massively overloaded with work as it is, and I can’t help you “facilitate” jack s**t without knowing what you actually want so I can prioritise it against our other work.

Got another one yesterday and I think today is “I’m not playing this game any more, kindly f**k off” day 😂

Ask for clear requirements in bullet point format.

When they ignore that and continue with more waffle f**k the useless c**t off.
 
Ask for clear requirements in bullet point format.

When they ignore that and continue with more waffle f**k the useless c**t off.

I did worse.

Asked him to book a call with me so that we could discuss how to better align our perception gaps on team responsibilities.

Which I believe is LinkedIn for “come and have a go if you think you’re hard enough”.
 
The sooner more games don’t require windows for anti cheat the better. I’ll happily run Linux.
 
Would that windows ads thing be for just stuff on gamepass for instance and my steam library be safe from all that shite?
 
Would that windows ads thing be for just stuff on gamepass for instance and my steam library be safe from all that shite?

I haven't watched it all yet, but from the bit I did see it's going to implement it in many areas like on the desktop, in applications including games. So let's say you get the new fallout, because it's MS owned it would have the ads regardless if you played on Steam or anywhere else.
 
Hopefully with all the clever hacking that goes on there’ll be an ad blocker released shortly after they enable that then.
 
I don't suppose anyone has a windows 7 64-bit image stashed anywhere do they?

All the links I can find are dead.

Scratch that, should've checked p*****bay first. :LOL:
 
Last edited:
My company is needing us to install MAM software on our phones if we use teams or Outlook.

I'm very weary and don't have access to or want a work phone because hassle.

Shall I just sack teams off altogether on my phone or am I worrying about nothing?

They have listed a load of things they won't be able to see or do like wipe phone etc.
 
I am getting so fed up with the downsides of AI at work.

Our core product was written in-house, no LLM has any real knowledge of it. We now have developers, infrastructure people and even customers generating static based on what Claude is getting confidently wrong.

On the one hand AI is great and is saving me a ton of time, but that’s also because I know what I’m doing and can spot when it talks s**t. Being told I’m wrong by some nerk who’s done nothing but get Claude to interpret some log files is getting really old, really quickly.
 
One of the consultants at our erp support provider was just whacking any of our tickets through AI and replying back with a literal copy paste ✅ ✅ ✅ ❌ ❌ ❌

He's now gone, I'm not really sure what he aimed to achieve, he didn't even try to hide it - and just resulted in us reviewing the support contract.

I've disabled it in our BI tools & the company pushed to put people on AI courses, thinking it would displace me.
They soon realised that that only really works with good data control & as we don't sanitise any data input, it's not of much benefit if you want clean, concise reporting.
 
My company is needing us to install MAM software on our phones if we use teams or Outlook.

I'm very weary and don't have access to or want a work phone because hassle.

Shall I just sack teams off altogether on my phone or am I worrying about nothing?

They have listed a load of things they won't be able to see or do like wipe phone etc.


Can do it through device management in mdm. And have teams etc through the company portal (segregates business).
 
My company is needing us to install MAM software on our phones if we use teams or Outlook.

I'm very weary and don't have access to or want a work phone because hassle.

Shall I just sack teams off altogether on my phone or am I worrying about nothing?

They have listed a load of things they won't be able to see or do like wipe phone etc.
We use company portal and it cant access what I do on my personal phone.

I hope
 
Back
Top