ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Impreza picture and discussion thread

SI-STI 2.35 & RC-172
What's the details on the classic?
Its practically a full STI that I put into my wife's classic Subaru Impreza its running full STI engine from my car including AVCS heads,full Brembo brakes all round, 6 speed STI gearbox etc etc....when I was building my engine I purchased a EJ22T and built it into a 2.35 long block using new big valve heads from scratch ...

Out of mine...
IMG_1667.jpeg

Then into my wife's classic....
IMG_0179.jpeg

so instead of selling my low mileage engine my wife asked me if she could put all my STI parts on her car instead,and the rest as they say is history:cool:

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
Never actually driven one, because they look so basic inside. I went up against a P1 in 2003 when I had my saph cossie and it was neck and neck along a slip road in Mexico (which looked a LOT like Brighouse) up to about 80mph and then I started pulling lengths up to an indicated 140.

SI-STI 2.35 & RC-172
Never actually driven one, because they look so basic inside. I went up against a P1 in 2003 when I had my saph cossie and it was neck and neck along a slip road in Mexico (which looked a LOT like Brighouse) up to about 80mph and then I started pulling lengths up to an indicated 140.
What model was your Cosworth rear wheel drive?When it comes to racing their are a lot of variables involved, it could be that the fella that was driving the P1 backed off the accelerator making you feel that you was pulling lengths on him;)...

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
What model was your Cosworth rear wheel drive?When it comes to racing their are a lot of variables involved, it could be that the fella that was driving the P1 backed off the accelerator making you feel that you was pulling lengths on him;)...

It was my mate, lol. He did not back off, I assure you.

My cossie was a late model Saph 4x4

LY Meg Cup-S + MX5
My wife has had her unmodified sti widetrack for 6 years now.

Keep thinking about selling it and getting back into a nice yellow 200.

But given subaru recent efforts. Probably never go back.although i do like the look of the jdm hatches coming to market

jameswrx

ClioSport Club Member
My wife has had her unmodified sti widetrack for 6 years now.

Keep thinking about selling it and getting back into a nice yellow 200.

But given subaru recent efforts. Probably never go back.although i do like the look of the jdm hatches coming to market

If I ever sell my V6 sti the JDM hatch will be the one for me, love them.

LY Meg Cup-S + MX5
I looked at a cosworth and an rb320 before buying the blob.

But 2.5 engine fear made me settle on the blob. Don't regret.

But hatch with the right wheels looks so muscular. But my fear is hawk spec c and s204 prices have taken off over last couple of years by the time the hatches get a steady flow thd prices will be silly. I mean r205 are nearly 30k for a 10 year old car. That must be the same as when they were new.

Only thing with Jdm is you loose the noise.