ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Impreza picture and discussion thread

jameswrx

ClioSport Club Member
how are these to live with... MPG, tax, servicing.

Depends what you call bad MPG?

My WRX 2.0 does about mid 20’s I’d guess but I’ve never measured just going off what my clio does (as it tells me). My sti I’m not sure but it’s actually noticeably better than my WRX when cruising (but is remapped and about 100bhp more) so worse when pushing on. If you’re wanting it as an only car/daily and do any decent mileage it’d prob be a bad idea if it’s a buying consideration.

JDM tax can actually be ok due to how they get registered, earlier uk cars not too drastic & later UK 2.5’s are dear (think after 2006 like most pokey cars?)

Servicing is cheap IMO for the performance. If you can wield a spanner it’s about the easiest oil change you can do on a car. Plugs can be fiddly for DIY’er but long intervals on proper platinum plugs.

I always factor running costs into the value of the car. Buy right and you can easily negate the running costs through retained value or even value increase (both of mine are worth a fair bit more than I paid but I have owned these two 6/7 years). I mean that compared to say spending £10k on a mundane car that’d be ‘cheap to run’ but worth £3k in similar time frame.

Christopher.

South Central-South Coast
ClioSport Area Rep
Sounded great. But wasn't running.

20210814_105241.jpg