ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Inferno Project Thread

The Bus and MRT
Go for black wheels again mate... doesn't look right white wheels on an inferno IMO. You've also got to think about keeping them clean - it's a ball ache, trust me.

S4 Avant
Right, just a quick update, went down to west bromwich on friday afternoon and got brand new alloys:approve:

Before:

Before1.jpg

After:

After.jpg

After2.jpg

After1.jpg

Really pleased with them, no rubbing now whatsoever, first time its ever been really chucked into a corner, and I have to say, I am impressed with the handling

One more just cus it was a nice day

Photo-0260.jpg

(Finger over lense ftl)

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
there not white! girl... :rasp:

does look good though mate! when are you getting the bodywork sorted?

S4 Avant
there not white! girl... :rasp:

does look good though mate! when are you getting the bodywork sorted?

Haha, I wimped out, and I knew black suited it anyway, so stayed safe:approve:

Body works going to be sorted as soon as I'm done nagging for a payrise

Coming together nicely mate!

What else is left to do?

Thanks gray, quite a bit left to do, obviously the paintwork, the passenger seat needs stitching up because of the airbag, and then the 36,000 sevice:dapprove: being as its on 38,000 and I can't see any evidence of the belts being changed.

Then all the minor things like cup splitter, the alarm needs addressing and insurance...

awesum mate.........let me no when your ready and ill come and ''rattle can'' it;) xx

haha love it. took the clio past JCB on the way home on friday, was looking out for da vee.

S4 Avant
Couple of small updates, been out tonight with the worlds worst man cold trying to chip away at the endless list of things that need to be done.

Removed a bolt that was sticking out of the wheel arch lining and rubbing on the tyres.

Had a go at polishing the renaultsport logo

Photo-0266.jpg

Photo-0267-1.jpg

Had another bash at removing the black tiger seal from the rear quarter panels, and I'm after some advice on tyres now.

The new wheels and tyres came with this (cheap unknown crappy?) brand called Durun, which apparently have a very soft compound. I'm thinking, replace them once they've worn through with either yoko paradas or R888s.

Current tyre and tread:

Photo-0268-1.jpg

any ideas on whether they're decent or not would be appreciated. Size: 195/45/16

and again, one more to keep me happy and focused on why I'm going through this

Photo-0265-1.jpg

Now I'm dosed up on night nurse, and ready to sleep through my 6.00 wake up call.

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
how much for wheels? it looks good im guessing it noy lowered?!

Where they from please ;)

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
Found this on google from the GTi6 forum:

Get rid

You should always put the best tyres on your car as they are the only thing between you, your car and the road! (- Same goes for the brakes.)

Either choose:
Bridgestone Potenza S0-2 pp
Bridgestone Potenza RE720
Eagle F1's

Agreed! When I had 17"s I made the mistake of getting some "Durun sport" tyres fitted(i was skint and my other ones where 3 pointers)

They where awfull! Ruined the handling and all I got was understeer

S4 Avant
how much for wheels? it looks good im guessing it noy lowered?!

Where they from please ;)

Payed 330 quid in the end for brand new wheels and tyres. That was with part ex'ing my old 17"s in. They came from Rimstock in west brom, but they don't sell to the public. I was cheeky enough to ask, and they offered me the part ex.:approve:

looking good matey!

Thank you kind sir

Found this on google from the GTi6 forum:

Get rid

You should always put the best tyres on your car as they are the only thing between you, your car and the road! (- Same goes for the brakes.)

Either choose:
Bridgestone Potenza S0-2 pp
Bridgestone Potenza RE720
Eagle F1's

Agreed! When I had 17"s I made the mistake of getting some "Durun sport" tyres fitted(i was skint and my other ones where 3 pointers)

They where awfull! Ruined the handling and all I got was understeer

hmmmm what you are saying is true. When chucking it through corners, it did seem like if the tyres were going to give, it would be understeer. Might just keep them on for the winter, and replace in the summer with yoko paradas

BMW E46 330i Touring
Great effort mate, I imagine you'll appreciate it a whole lot more once you're insured. The black pro-races look smart - will look even smarter with a healthy helping of tyre dressing!

Fair play to you, it's looking so much better now that that awful kits has been taken off of it:)

Your a braver man than I am to take on and recfity the problems the car had. Tbh i'd not have touched it (that's me though)

You have made the right choice opting to keep black wheels on it, it would have looked awful on white alloys (imo)

Keep up the good work:)

Ultra Red Clio 197
dont a really good job on that! good to see it being returned to its former glory and as far away from that awful body kit! why do ppl do it!?!

anyway, just wondered what method you used to clean the tiger seal off because ive some replica RS skirts to remove so wondered what I would need to clean it up

Cheers

S4 Avant
Appreciating the comments everyone:)

Ads 172: comment noted, and I've got some knocking around for when it gets a proper spray/clean

Cat: theres a fine line behind bravery and stupidity lol. Looking back, wish I had never started it. But I shall keep working at it.

Rossmac: Best way of removing tiger seal we found was, get a sharp stanley blade to cut of the excess, kind of like in a razor fashion, chances are you will probably end up cutting into the plastic though I'm afraid. Get hold of some seriously strong paint thinner and paper/rag, then start rubbing. It'll take you forever.

Alternatively sand paper, but that's going to damage whatever is underneath

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
yeah but the problem with the razors and paint stripper is that if used at the same time it hurts!
i couldnt clock in at work with the finger print scanner for a few days after it wouldnt read them :(

oh yeah and get a propper camera bought dave!

S4 Avant
camera phones ftw :rasp:

Over used phrases from cliosport ftl :dapprove:

Still got to get all the black stuff off of the quarter panels yet adam... nudge nudge wink wink

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
hmm i might be tempted to come for a blast to matlock when i get my new car :)

i'll see if i can get hold of a heatgun, might help?

S4 Avant
heat gun may well be the best way of doing it. worth a bash. Definatly come for a run when you get the new motor. I'll show you the route I always took to mansfield, fun twisty back roads :approve:

S4 Avant
haha, thats a good point, it's one of those routes that you have to know well, or you end up flying off a cliff

Birthdays drawing closer, so insurance is within reach. One year in the making, and I can't fecking wait

S4 Avant
Been out again tonight... but got pissed off with the tiger seal, so out came the sand paper.

I've taken quite a lot of it off, but unfortunately its gone down to the metal in places.

Got to be resprayed anyway, so nay bother.

Before:

DSCN2376.jpg

After:

DSCN2395.jpg

DSCN2398.jpg

Gave up after 2 and a half hours, cus my fingers were red raw:(

Still got the other side to go at:dapprove:

DSCN2406.jpg

Also while I was out, I bought some lovely LED sidelights, cus I wasn't to keen on the orange glow from the standard ones, next to the xenons.

Before:

DSCN2351.jpg

After:

DSCN2381.jpg

DSCN2391.jpg

DSCN2387.jpg

Much better:approve:

Also worth noting, I turn twenty this time next week. All being well, I shall get my first drive in her!!!

S4 Avant
Getting there indeed :approve:

Going to have to duct tape up the bare metal till i can afford a respray, just so it doesn't rust. It's had a run out tonight, been along some nice twisty back roads.:)

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
Spray it with a fine layer of primer just to protect it?

white respray, you know you want too..