ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The "Ive taken a pic and I kinda like it" thread

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Get a remote trigger for it, it'll help massively.

I need to dust my camera off. Might take it with me this weekend to Manchester, unfortunately I'll have the wife and kids on tow.

Whisker biscuit

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 Flamer
Took this on the phone from Warrenpoint the other morning. That’s Northern Ireland on the left and Republic of Ireland on the right.

953DA3D0-A3F7-4ADD-98F3-690229F4615F.jpeg

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
So, picked up an SLR for the first time in 10 years after buying a light from Amazon. Thought Id give some light painting a go. Now, it's out of focus 'just' frustratingly. However, it was an experiment session so I wasn't expecting instant results, however I'm happy with what I managed to get. Needs finesse and another hand, rather than me pressing the shutter with a 2sec delay and then running to grab the shot.

Any tips would be appreciated.

View attachment 1666755
Nice one, started to look in this thread a bit recently. I still got my 500D , there’s a photography walk for mental health and wellbeing every week or two , been meaning to start going to it, need some lenses as only got my kit lens and 50mm at the moment as I sold the others. Still got everything else, carbon tripod, case, filters and other stuff

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
So, picked up an SLR for the first time in 10 years after buying a light from Amazon. Thought Id give some light painting a go. Now, it's out of focus 'just' frustratingly. However, it was an experiment session so I wasn't expecting instant results, however I'm happy with what I managed to get. Needs finesse and another hand, rather than me pressing the shutter with a 2sec delay and then running to grab the shot.

Any tips would be appreciated.

View attachment 1666755

Light painting is hard work in daylight because the amount it lets in with the shutter open for longer, hence the blur. You can drop the ISO down. Can you not set a 10 second delay on the camera so you can get over there and get set? Maybe wear darker clothes? Or wait til it's darker and park near some ambient lighting to light the car up more.