ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The "Ive taken a pic and I kinda like it" thread

^Tricky shot to edit, as you have two very different colour balances. The cool white from the flash, and the warmer sunset. Not sure what I'd do with that.

Here's some snaps from Qatar, all taken with the iPhone 4S - still impressed with it!!

IMG_0752.jpg

IMG_0798.jpg

IMG_0896.jpg

IMG_0911.jpg

IMG_0983.jpg

But normal service will be resumed when I take my Nikon to Singapore on Monday :)

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Can't believe how good the camera on the 4S is. Makes me properly jealous. I really like the 1st shot :)

Have you ran them through PS at all or are they straight from the camera and iPhone PP apps?

RB 182
Some great shots there Dan!

Here's one of my favourite car shots. My mates Impreza, shot for Total Impreza magazine...just a shame they didn't let me edit the shots for the mag, as their editing left the shots looking crap IMHO....

6742200571_30c5486676_z.jpg

Total Impreza by Martin Steele., on Flickr

Clio, Rover 25
Finally got my Nikon d3100 and i have ALOT to learn lol. Got a few stuff like a bag, filters, fish eye ect and now waiting for the next pay or 2 for a flash gun and tripod (needed badly).. Also have photoshop on the laptop which i need to get my head around as i havnt used it in about 2 years and i was never really that great with it. Quick starter photo ive took as i havnt had much time to really get used to the camera yet

425935_375938755768137_100000560473467_1323306_1805579624_n.jpg

Oil Burner
I met up with Englebert today to try and teach him a few tricks with the camera. We went along to his local detailer who had some awesome cars in for work.

Had a play around with some off camera flash, lots of room for improvement - but i do quite like this shot all the same, despite being pretty blown out in places.

It's my first time shooting Automotive (believe it or not) so be gentle ;) - Your thoughts are appreciated.

DETAILINGSHOTS-3998-L.jpg

Nice shot Nick.

Next step is to get some stands so you can have the lights off the ground, and more importantly, out of shot too. But the lighting on the car is good, as you say.....clipping in places.

Oil Burner
Thanks Dan, I actually really like the way the flash is lighting the ground and equally that they feature in the photo, but i'm sure there are actual benefits to having them off the ground and obviously this isn't right for all photos (or perhaps this one). I'm just playing at it really, but again it surprised me how much fun it was once i got into it (much like the London photos).

RB 182
What he said!!

Martin that is faultless!

Get that on a poster on your wall NOW!!

And get that photo on 500px too! Quality like that deserves to be on that site.

Thanks guys, I have to say I am really pleased with this shot.

Dan it's already on 500px, i've not used that too much as i've not felt I had a lot of work good enough for on there, but this one has had quite a few hits last night, and got me a few new followers too :)

RB 182
Blimey that is rather good Martin!

What filter and setup are you using there?

Thank you :eek:

I use a Canon 450d, and this was shot using the Sigma 10-20mm f4-5.6, and using a Kood ND4 filter over the whole scene, and a Hitech 0.9 ND soft edge grad over the sky.

I should read all the posts before I reply to one person haha!

Last edited:
  Qashcow
Thanks Martin. Had mr freeman over this afternoon so had a quick chat about filters, hopefully I can get at least one semi-decent sunrise/set on my upcoming honeymoon

RB 182
Thanks Martin. Had mr freeman over this afternoon so had a quick chat about filters, hopefully I can get at least one semi-decent sunrise/set on my upcoming honeymoon

No problem mate. I look forward to seeing your shots, sunsets and rises are what I love, so long as there is water involved :)

Love that horse shot!!

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Took this today. The light was pretty poor, really grey day today out here. Also, bobbing up and down on a boat means I needed a relatively quick shutter speed and a high ISO.
F5 1/100th ISO 800 with my canon 55-250 (Shot in RAW, tweaked in LR3)

6975532113_3a855726dc_z.png

Week 11 - Growth by A_Cro, on Flickr

I think I'm going to try to steal my missus' 105 2.8 next time i'm out here, should work out better.