ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The "Ive taken a pic and I kinda like it" thread

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
I know it's had a lot of Photoshop but this is my 2.5 hour effort from tonight :)
Wow. Really liking that Edd.

6977052477_0bd33383d7_z.jpg

TVR Exhaust by Joe_Harding, on Flickr

1.2 Mk3 Phase2
Prefer the first, focus is spot on, this however is not to my liking sorry a little too mind boggling sky seems alot more blury here but the first is amazing.

RB 182
Thanks for the feedback guys...whilst I agree it's not a patch on the original (the colours made it for me, i'm a sunset shooter at heart) I still like this too.

Regarding the sky, it shouldn't be any more blurry as it's not been touched besides a touch of burning, but the blackness has really brought out the movement.

1.2 Mk3 Phase2
Wellt he light intensity is a little stron is what i ment as it is one tone of colour rather than a range, thats what makes it look more blury for me sorry, but as i said the first is amazing! very good photographer!

Clio 172 Phase 1
Took this the other night, totally un-edited, was spur of the moment when out walking the dog, taken on my Samsung Galaxy s2 quite impressed tbh!

2011-09-27191102.jpg

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Took a couple of shots today at work that I think came out quite well.

Couple of engineers going on to the jack up barge via the basket lift. Converted to B&W as I think it works better (was a really miserable day anyway, no colour in the sky)

6985401781_b8407988f8_z.png

Going up by A_Cro, on Flickr

This little bird (smallest in the UK iirc) and his mates were all over the turbines today, he came on (and in) the boat countless times, really quick movers. This was the sharpest image I could get of him.

6985389753_1a855c2203_z.png

Goldcrest by A_Cro, on Flickr

BurnyC

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 197
First time I've had a go at any 'proper' photography for a while! Trying to get back into it again. Nikon D3100 with standard kit lens, just tweaked the exposure etc via the Photoshop RAW editor - no filters or anything. :)

6985610479_9ae660aa5d_z.jpg

Broadway Tower by ChrisBurnham, on Flickr

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Thanks mate :)

Here's one taken after a scramble up Red Screes in the Lake District for sunrise....all I got was this fleeting few seconds of light all morning.

6661486271_c2e0585c32_z.jpg

Fleeting by Martin Steele., on Flickr

Nice, The road that branches off to the right and downwards is called "The struggle" IIRC? ... I took this photo along that road...

5717349846_601850e1bc_z.jpg

The-struggle by GeordieClio, on Flickr

You two need to tell me where these places are!

I'm all for exploring, but those look awesome.

RB 182
You two need to tell me where these places are!

I'm all for exploring, but those look awesome.

Rob, that road where I am, well, in my shot, is Kirkstone Pass, the building is The Kirkstone Inn, a great little pub....epic road to drive....head from Ullswater to Windermere or vice versa....the Struggle is, as GeordieClio state, "The Struggle" to Ambleside.

When did you say you were up this way mate?

I have barely picked up the camera for a few weeks due to the crap weather, but finally got out to try some night shots with my new 10-22 wide angle lens.

Not sure on the editing on this though, seems a little blown out in places with the bright lights!

6843058268_732ba0ebb7_z.jpg

Wide World by v15ben, on Flickr

Nice shot Scott.

Two things though:

1) HORIZON!!!!

2) The shot looks very cool (as in colour temperature). Might benefit from warming the white balance a little, especially as it's a sunset shot.

RB 182
As Dan says Scott, sort the horizon out and the white balance, and that'll be a nice shot. Try the "cloudy" auto white balance setting, it'll warm it up nicely, especially being a sunset.

Fiesta ST-3
Yea it's funny. You almost have to take a break from the picture and come back to it and you see a completely different view. The first was far too blue :)

I'm trying to get into the habit of editing a photo, then leaving it for a day. Then coming back to it to review it. Sorting of resetting your view point of the photo. So many times I've uploaded a photo, the next day I find some really basic errors.

RB 182
One from a sunset shoot last night....not technically great as the sun/sky is totally blown out, but I just love the light on the sand ripples too much to care about the sky....plus, it's how it was at the time.

6994264071_e6919a69a8_b.jpg

Intensity by Martin Steele., on Flickr