ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The JDM Appreciation Thread...

S23

The Cleee-O
p817.gif

The one on the far right, that grille totally changes the front end for me. But the stance looks spot on. Love it! :D

Both these are the sex. :cool:

Mag blue? lol

To give a better idea of how the whole car looks (albeit on other rims) and excuse the shitty fuel cap, still need to sort that!

DSC04533.jpg

DSC04532.jpg

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
does it REALLY need bonnet pins?

lol if you have ever driven with a carbon bonnet you will know how much airflow makes them move, i have seen 2 cars have the catch break on carbon bonnets, resulting in the bonnet opening, putting a huge f**king dent in the roof, smashing the screen...

so yeh it prob is needed just for added safety... but if you were trying to make a sly dig at his yaris, dont it looks mint!

as for your rims mate i would go battleship grey on the centres and nato green on the rim... both in matt or satin...

Thanks very much there malice! :D The bonnet did infact fly up on the M5 (at speed), hence the pins. The weave itself is about 3mm thick, so these are the only style of catches that will work without damaging the bonnet (due to the way it flexes), otherwise it would've been aerocatches. It is super, super light, stupid light infact. You can shine a torch through it in the dark lol. Made by Varis.

Problem is dude that I get sand blasting and powdercoating for 80 quid a set. But the powdercoater cant do two different colours. I don't really want anything too dark as the last 3 sets of wheels (bar the 1.2s) were black or gunmetal. So I'm wondering whether or not to go another mad colour, or something more subtle like the 1.2s.

I would've left them silver/polished but when I got them they were in a serious state, hence the refurb (and mega cheap price! :D)

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
sneak peak...

not fitted propperly its not even bolted on lol, and i gotta take the passenger wing off and fit the new painted one on but you get a shitty iphone pic idea lol!

23759_10150105342155054_636365053_11360885_5862355_n.jpg

Looks sweet Malice!

quck green would be sick, equally battleship grey

Quck being? lol

I thought as much Gaz, maybe he just cba, but at his prices I'm not too bothered tbh. Any wheel from about 13" upto 30" powdercoated and blasted for £80 a set!

Other option is ofcourse get them painted, but I imagine paint will chip a bit easier and is actually more expensive around here!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
sneak peak...

not fitted propperly its not even bolted on lol, and i gotta take the passenger wing off and fit the new painted one on but you get a s**tty iphone pic idea lol!

23759_10150105342155054_636365053_11360885_5862355_n.jpg

Sweeeeeet!

Sort those wheels and wing out you pikey! x

Evo 6, E92 320d
Nice set of rota gtr's on your rx7 would look mint;) , when you say split do you mean having a deeper rim put on?

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
im not even gonna rise to it lol im sure there is something about baiting people in the forum rules!

gonna split them and refurb them and possibly change the barrels...

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
i really really want some re am wing mounted mirrors, but they like 400 quid! the yellow one if it had advans on would be a initial d replica. well the one i posted with the re am decals on is a replica besides the decals.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
oh and the whole kit is RETARDEDLY expensive lol, looking 2k plus for the basic kit, the front undersweep is 800 on top, the carbon front wing plates are another 300... spoiler 1k, mirrors 400 lights 500-600 rear diffuser 300-500, bonnet 700-1k

big $$ and thats without shipping and paint, but it will be a perfect fit,

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
cant just get the front wings lol... the skirts form the lower part of the wings, the top part of the wing comes seperate... and if you have the skirts you have to have the rear arches too lol!

the feed wings are very similar

rx7%20fujita.jpg

FEED_RX7_02B.jpg

tsukuba72.jpg

on side note this is one of my fav cars...

BlueRX7.jpg

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
i think i prefer the feed wings, look more subtle tbh and you can run them with or without the rears as they mold in to the stock chassis rails, unlike the re am ones...

r magic wings are funky too...

[img[http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_yzb91PHHy60/SS1oCGp53tI/AAAAAAAAFgs/07D9sbpYjQw/s1600/RE-Xtreme_SAB_Naga08RMN5.jpg[/img]
RE-Xtreme_SAB_Naga08RMM2.jpg

makes it easier to see the feed wings here :)
Picture_044.jpg

Turbos.
That blue one is nice. Personally hate the front of that RE Amemiya kit, but love the front of this.

rx7%20fujita.jpg

If i had an RX7 i'd do a combo of those two!

I've not seen a non-pop up light RX7 that i've liked TBH...

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
i do like the pop ups... just they are such a pain in the arse and they give no visability even with hid's they are just s**t lol! that bumper on the grey one is a feed bumper... problem is there are people copying it in the uk... so LOADS of cars have them fitted :(

Turbos.
Thats a bit like saying everyone has Turinis. How many do you actually see every day?

It's only when you go to some geeky as fcuk meet will you look unoriginal lol.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
or a car show lol! just fitted my new bumper im happy with it, makes it look angry lol.