ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The JDM Appreciation Thread...

Changed the front a little, going to stick with the 99 front now.

Malice got fd working, should really of read the instructions!

DSCN7297ps.jpg

DSCN7296ps.jpg

Turbos.
Yeah looks great, and there you go Malice, you can take a picture of an RX7 without making it look like the Blair Witch Project.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
new jdm s**t!
27083_10150160877490054_636365053_11663383_7808497_n.jpg

27083_10150160878455054_636365053_11663385_6835662_n.jpg

Feed Carbon fiber door handles... cost too much for what they are lol!

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
other things are more important atm lol! other side has stickers too... will go snap a pic in a sec :)

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
not confirmed yet, but already got it booked in for a rebuild lol and single turbo is about to be ordered... deciding weather to get a turbo that will allow me to run 400-450bhp at the wheels at low boost... and 500-550 at high boost... or 450-500 at low and 600+ at high... oh and going bridge port too :D BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP!

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
do you really need 600+ bhp in actual reality, you manage to hit bus shelters in an SX let alone rex!!!! ;)

how the f**k did you know that lol!

think i will go with the smaller turbo tbh, got 60mm external wastegate going on it too :D with screamer pipe... gotta order injectors, rail, fpr, hose for oil lines, gonna be running without the OMP.... and running premix instead :D also gotta order full set of seals, springs, oil rings a full rebuild kit basically...

well i will do tomorrow when i know what the compression results are... then will go from there :)

Nimbus 197, Ph1 172
I thought i'd got Jdm out of my system, but after seeing this thread, i'm not so sure anymore. Got close to browsing Pistonheads for Ek Civics, but managed to resist. Damn whoever made this thread.

not confirmed yet, but already got it booked in for a rebuild lol and single turbo is about to be ordered... deciding weather to get a turbo that will allow me to run 400-450bhp at the wheels at low boost... and 500-550 at high boost... or 450-500 at low and 600+ at high... oh and going bridge port too :D BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP!

What turbo are you going for? Did you get your compression checked?

I am currently thinking about changing my GT3582 for something bigger this summer, about 500-550bhp would be ideal!

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
its being compression checked tomorrow, mate of mine has a mazda rotarty compression tester... so will know what the problem is tomorrow, i did the poor mans compression test (puff test) and it all sounds fine, it drives fine too, just idles like a bag o s**t lol...

turbo wise... im not going garret lol.

its being compression checked tomorrow, mate of mine has a mazda rotarty compression tester... so will know what the problem is tomorrow, i did the poor mans compression test (puff test) and it all sounds fine, it drives fine too, just idles like a bag o s**t lol...

turbo wise... im not going garret lol.

Fingers crossed its an easy fix!

Whats wrong with garrett, they are the most popular choice:dapprove:

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
cos i can run a better specced turbo, that will flow a s**t load better, for 1/4 the price of a garret.... and they are a s**t load stronger than a garret also... will post pics in a week or 2 when its in my hands lol!