ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The JDM Appreciation Thread...

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
ashman, its garage sauras not sauras garage:)

wasnt it re-built in the UK pretty much getting rid of everything that was on it previously except the GarageSauras engine? i know the retrim etc were British, or at least done in Britain

Yeah, it was chavved up in the UK.

Yea i'm not saying it as fast as a williams. But it's a great nippy engine that loves to rev. Obviously his car feels more raw, as its far from standard being fully stripped, decked and all that.

Clio GT 1.6
ashman, its garage sauras not sauras garage:)

wasnt it re-built in the UK pretty much getting rid of everything that was on it previously except the GarageSauras engine? i know the retrim etc were British, or at least done in Britain

My bad :) Im pretty sure it was imported like that. Its just been revamped when it arrived in the UK. Although the retrim was defo done in the UK

White Sti Hatch
get an Ek9 if you can live without all the mod cons of a modern car and also the pains that come with owning a 13 year old car, if i could find a mint one that needed no work at all id have it in a heart be but you will pay a stupid amount of money for it ! ill stick with my modern French Sh!t Box !

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
1.5 LSi is never gonna be as quick as a williams. best example I can give is it sits between Saxo VTR and VTS

Yea i'm not saying it as fast as a williams. But it's a great nippy engine that loves to rev. Obviously his car feels more raw, as its far from standard being fully stripped, decked and all that.

i was having a bit of banter.....to be fair it really isn't shy

Seat Ibiza FR
Some from a local Jap car club:
DSC_01544.jpg

DSC_022911.jpg

20100430_020.jpg

20100430_036.jpg

p2404101423.jpg

Haydensb-day027.gif

Haydensb-day021.gif

Haydensb-day023.gif

Fyse2010009.jpg

Fyse2010028.jpg

traxe08069.jpg

sdc10208u.jpg

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Alex for me to insure a EK9 it was £648 5 year NCB and clean licence not a chance for you alex im afriad

Man i want a yaris now, how much would it cost to get to a 250bhp mark with one?

s**t loads! Only one in the country running that power on the T Sport engine (1.5, 105BHP standard) and he's spent TWELVE GRAND!!!

Best way to do it is do an engine swap for a 4e-fte from a Starlet turbo. Can easy push 300BHP in them "fairly" cheap. There's a couple in the UK that have done that, although the styling of those particular cars is rather questionable!

Apparently only 1 mount needs to be fab'd and then obviouly ECU and a little bit of squeezing and moving things about.

This one's running just over 200BHP.

MWP_8249.jpg

Clio IV 0,9 Tce
Saw this JDM Mugen Fit outside my hotel in Japan yesterday. Thought it was quite cool.

31297_404729576760_694401760_4643521_8141556_n.jpg

Last edited:
  R34 GT-R & 172 Cup
s**t loads! Only one in the country running that power on the T Sport engine (1.5, 105BHP standard) and he's spent TWELVE GRAND!!!

Best way to do it is do an engine swap for a 4e-fte from a Starlet turbo. Can easy push 300BHP in them "fairly" cheap. There's a couple in the UK that have done that, although the styling of those particular cars is rather questionable!

Apparently only 1 mount needs to be fab'd and then obviouly ECU and a little bit of squeezing and moving things about.

This one's running just over 200BHP.

MWP_8249.jpg

You the lad on yarisclubuk? seen a guy on there called coxy. Been having a look around some nice looking motors

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
LOL! EK's interior just looks like the 80's have come along and thrown up all over it ;).

IMG_5360.jpg

IMG_5319.jpg

IMG_5318.jpg

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
jason Shut the f**k up, nothing wrong with EK interior's you berk the fact the EK came out in the 90's doesnt help you argument so id say "it looks like the 90's have come along and thrown up all over it ;)"

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Yeah but the seats even on the newer models (looking at cars around 2000) look awful! I'd rather have any other cars interior of that age over the civics lol!

sc-570x379.jpg

EK interior isn't that bad, i quiet like it to be fair. Standard seats are mega comfty, dash isn't awfull. Bit noisy when its fully stripped, but thats standard. Window servos seem to be awfull, often need to give the windows a hand to do go up! This seems standard across the range, my cousins EP2 does it aswell!

Jason, take a look at this EK - buy one!

Here it is in the snow, the set up is so stiff that we grounded it in the snow. Ended up on a bank which wasn't high. All 4 wheels ended up off the ground.

[YOUTUBE]S_0efaQTBNA[/YOUTUBE]

14112009445.jpg

The EK there has

Adjustable camber arms all round
Gaz gas coilovers
Rota things
6 piece stut kit
Fully stripped
EG6 backbox (I think, its off a mates SiR EG 1.6)
Induction Kit
De-Cat

Since the photo it's had a front end respray, front has been de-badged and sprayed black (like the other photo of that black EK). It's just generally a good, more fun than a Bora. Handles well!

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Jason anything jap pre 2000 has pretty questionable interior choice but stop being a tart and a wannabe scene queen