ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The JDM Appreciation Thread...

yeh saw your thread and commented, tbh, i have seen the hispec kits first hand along with the ksport/d2 kits and tbh if your just using it for fast road the d2 is prob gonna be ok for you, i dont like the hispec kit as tbh it doesnt seem any better than the d2 stuff... plus i hate atomic rex (currently taking them to court!!)

on the rx7 club (american site) there is some info that evo 6 (i think) calipers (brembo) fit straight on! im pretty sure you could get calipers disks pads and lines for under 400 and i would have a shed load more faith in the brembo's than anything else for similar monies... either that or get on yahoo japan auctions saw some grex calipers go for 500 the other day with new disks and pads!

Malice I know the thread you mean, they dont fit straight on, not sure if the guy ever got them finished.

I have bought hi-spec brakes before and the quailty seemed really good imo, but everyone has different views on all manufacturers.

Keep the thread going;
3xnJ0.jpg

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
if i ever sort my self a big enough garage to store the rx7 and a second car im gonna get a mark1 mx5 and stick a rotary in it!

Qashcow
if i ever sort my self a big enough garage to store the rx7 and a second car im gonna get a mark1 mx5 and stick a rotary in it!

Having now bought a house with a garage for the clio and enough space for a project.....it has me thinking similarly!

clio 200 F4Rt
lol the fact of the matter is companies like d2 and ksport are ok if you are just wanting a simple cheap product... i have driven on k sports etc, compare these to parts that are made by good companies and there is a HUGE difference, went in a rx7 on k sports, then fitted ohlins to my rx7 the difference is actually completely night and day... same with brakes compare k sports or d2's to alcons or ap's or brembo's there is a HUGE difference in quality, there have been reports of d2 and k sport discs exploding, calipers getting hot then seizing and not working when needed! or calipers cracking, blowing seals, pistons corroding and sticking solid inside the calipers...

2 most important things on a car is steering and brakes, why the f**k would you put cheap suspect parts in these areas?? if you are upgrading power to a level that you need to upgrade the brakes or steering do it propperly or upgrade the brakes etc first thing i learnt very quick with my 200, do it cheap do it twice... simple as buy cheap parts they 90% of the time fail and need replacing alot quicker than premium brands, some people may say its badge whoring but if you look at cars that carry all major manufacturer parts, they very rarely fail... compared to cars with the cheap parts on.

**same with rota rims**

couldnt agree more.

Just never experienced problems with K-Sports on the Impreza side of things. Plus a fair few time attack cars run them.

No doubt i will replace mine at some point... when i have a spare £5,000 for a Project MU or Endless set-up!

clio 200 F4Rt
5k?! lol more like 2-3k lol

guy on Scooby Net just bought a front PMU setup from the UK supplier (whitter Racing or someone), 6 pot setup and that was £3,000, so easily anothr £2,000 for rears.

hence my £5,000 guesstimate.

not that it matters really!

Will be putting my k-sports through thier paces this year on various track days, so will see how well they cope!

back on topic mind............

4108291682_066bedff94_o.jpg

4107526311_ee1c0030bf_o.jpg

4107527943_d842677909_o.jpg

4108291002_eb09c9e2be_o.jpg

4107528227_422a014874_o.jpg

4108291226_82dbb4d1d1_o.jpg

4108290350_cb61198299_o.jpg

4108298400_4d6dec4378_o.jpg

4108298090_5359c1c809_o.jpg

4108297834_3325ff1d5c_o.jpg

4107533415_7e97a3cac6_o.jpg

4108303602_e0c4e03b91_o.jpg

4108304152_127f347dd2_o.jpg

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
except thats a uk civic?

4052632496_a3cf461c83_o.jpg

that zenki looks nice except for the missing indicators :( and the bonnet... and the YEAH BUDDY! lol

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
Zenki... 1st Gen. As in S14. The S14A would be Kouki.

correct young padawan.

i japan zenki is classed as early model and kouki is classed as new model... so a phase 1 clio is a zenki and phase 2 is kouki lol.

guy i know has just started his own garage and is giving me sponsorship :) he has 2 skylines he is using for drifting he is using his r32 and said i can use the r33 :D just at dwyb days to begin with and he is gonna use my rex for development parts :)

starting with a rear harness bar and full strip, paint and polybush all the arms and rear subframe etc, im paying parts prices and labour is free and can use his garage any time :D

Integra Type-R DC2
NinoDTeg.jpg

I think I like this... im not sure. Trying to decide how it would look with the spoiler.

S23

The Cleee-O
NinoDTeg.jpg

I think I like this... im not sure. Trying to decide how it would look with the spoiler.

I don't think it would look quite as aggressive? Reckon it looks better without for some reason. The lines of the car without the spoiler suit the wheels like that? I dunno. Think it does anyway. :S lol

Looks awesome anyway! :D

Tappd'd RS
I'm sure a4ndy won't mind me posting this - just wish I'd got more and more interesting angles!

A stunning machine.

4123732809_e97fa80d9b_b.jpg

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
j0sh is that s2k a uk car? if so im pretty sure one with that plate was stolen a few years back?