ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The JDM Appreciation Thread...

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
wish i could be in japan tomorrow, dalla if your out and about its 7's day... 7th of the 7th... day for rx7's in japan there are hundreds of them meeting up all over the country :) there is a 7's day in the uk too tomorrow and i really wish my car could be there :( oh well... next year

172 Cup
My bro's yellow EK9 type Rx :cool: :

ek9rrday2.jpg

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Can someone give me some more information on EK9's? :)

1600cc B16B, 4 cylinder layout >

The EK9 Civic Type R was preceded by two previous generations of unofficial Type R's - the EF9 SiR and EG6 SiR. The EF9 was the first Civic to feature the 'Racing' moniker, in the form of the top of the line SiR trim, featuring racing technology available in a production car. The first Civic to officially receive the Type R badge was introduced in 1997 as the EK9. As a hatchback which continued the 'R' philosophy from the 2 previous SiRs, the EK9 shared many characteristics with the Integra Type R DC2 such as omission of sound deadening and other weight-reduction measures, a hand-ported B16B engine, front helical limited-slip differential and close ratio gearbox etc..

The B16B engine boasted one of the highest power output per litre of all time for an NA engine with 185 PS (136 kW; 182 hp) from a 1.6L. For the first time, a strategically seam welded monocoque chassis was used to improve chassis rigidity. The interior featured red Recaro seats, a titanium shift knob and a Momo steering wheel. In 1999 the Type Rx was introduced featuring a CD player, body colored retractable electric door mirrors, power windows, auto air conditioning, key-less entry unlock system, aluminum sports pedals, and a carbon type center panel.

The SiR badge from the previous 2 generations was ceded to the EK4 Civic as a mainstream sedan and hatchback which was sold in huge numbers across the globe due to its relatively low cost, practicality and everyday usable street performance/drivability.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
guy on fduk... he had a white rx7 that he imported, had a load of work done and on driving it home from the garage it set on fire and burnt to death :( luckily the garage helped out with sorting him out....

so he purchased a stock clean car in japan then did pretty much everyones dream and went nuts on parts and had them fitted in japan.... he kept the engine pretty stock for now as he wants to look at rebuilding it in the uk for warrantee reasons, but bodywork he has had done and custom wheels made along with handling and interior stuff done out there...

bodywork is pretty much fitted now.

064.jpg

063.jpg

062.jpg

065.jpg

066.jpg

its a mixture of re amemiya parts and panspeed.... in the last pic you can see how far the panspeed sideskirts go under the car, thing with most of the jap tuning companies like re am, panspeed, rmagic etc... all of their body parts are designed and tested (wind tunnels etc) to actually give aerodynamic benefits! so its not like some random person has just randomly designed a bumper or skirts and slapped them on they are designed to make a difference cant see it too well but the rear wing has scollops on the underside to provide more downforce etc... this would be my dream to do :) however i would want to be in japan helping or personally picking parts lol!

these are the wheels

sa55m-bbm-019.jpg

weds sa-55 in blue black chrome

and this was the car when he got it from auction
WhiteRX-7-Thursday_Page_1_Image_-2.jpg

WhiteRX-7-Thursday_Page_1_Image_-3.jpg