ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The latest Locked Topic (255 V6)

Mk2 Clio V6 / 996 C4S

Thought Id try to defend myself about that article.

I am the Simon Bailey in that article, however the photo is not of me, and the car is not mine.

And I cant remember which childish tw#t said I locked my keys in, but thats bollox as well.

I typed those few lines for somebody on this forum (cant remember who), next thing I know there in a magazine, with a photo of somebody Ive never met.

PS: I also never mentioned anything about the Alfa?

I dont get that thread anyway mate - anybody fancy dropping me a PM as to why it was such an offensive article?!!

Err hasnt he just said that the article was nothing to do with him and he was quoted without permission?

Nissan Jewk

u talking bout the mag photoshoot? the photo is of my mate! the 2 V6s were lent to us by Renault

Polo GTi

Think everyones getting confused here, I was at the photoshoot, the 2 V6s were Renaults own cars, the quote must of been taken from Simo, everyone at the shoot assumed the quote was from the photographer, who DID lock the keys in the Mk2 V6

The other pic in the Mag of the Mk 1 V6 owner was Northy, although they called him Tom Holden I think, funny really becuase he has a Willy 3, and I dont think the quote was his either.

williamsclio.co.uk/forum

Na it wasnt. As i wasnt taking my car down I never gave Nick Read (whom wrote the article) any info at all.

Luckly I was asked to drive the RED V6 around for the day. And that was it.

To be fair, most people featured in these magazines arnt the owners, they are staff working at the repro house with made up names....lol

williamsclio.co.uk/forum

Simo - was that your BLUE V6 No.0004 that was at the shoot.

Didnt think it had a driver either that day......Cause 2live got a play in it !

williams and trophy

hehe hope it isnt ur blue v6 anyway mate lol

if it is........sorry pmsl

cant believe they let me loose in it tbh........obviously they dont know me very well lol

Maybe Tom Holden is Northys real name... shame that other thread was locked, I take it that he was using two accounts so he could bum himself and say, ooh arent i great, and yes, I completely agree with what im saying! lol

Mk2 Clio V6 / 996 C4S

No mate, as I said the first time I knew anything about that article, even that magazine was on Saturday in WHSmith when I was flicking through the mag.

The car wasnt mine, the photo wasnt me. A section of that quote was me, and they used me name. Nobbers.:mad:

Mk2 Clio V6 / 996 C4S

Whoever that V6 2004 guy is, he clearly hasnt discovered life outside of the internet, sad c#nt. Id love to meet him and introduce a 32" shifting spanner to his head.

JUST TO CLARIFY:

I KNEW NOTHING ABOUT THAT sh*tE MAG, NOR ITS sh*tE ARTICLE. IT WASNT ME, OR MY CAR. IF I HAD THE TIME ON MY HANDS ID LOOK AT LEGAL ACTION AGAINST THE MAG.

Polo GTi

How to make friends and influence people part 1.

I actually thought the mag was good and so was the article Cheers Nick if your reading this drivel.

Mk2 Clio V6 / 996 C4S

The mention of legal action does wake things up. Got a phone call from the magazines Editor, Guy Baker.

Hes explained the whole thing, very polite chap. Basically said V6 2004 (Or what ever your called) has no links to the mag, so all what he said about reporting to the Editor was Bollox.

So there we go, theres just some extremely sad tw#ts on this planet, and hes one. If you there, your probably sat masturbating in your own excrament looking at child p**n.

Yaris Hybrid

I am with FN04 XZE on this one. I have read both threads and dont see the problem?

Why do you need to defend yourself over the article? It hasnt offended anyone?

Quote: Originally posted by Toypop on 20 July 2004

I am with FN04 XZE on this one. I have read both threads and dont see the problem?

Why do you need to defend yourself over the article? It hasnt offended anyone?

I have to agree with you two also.

It seems that "Clio V6 2004" guy quoted what he read in a Mag only to find that it was not what the guy really said, as SIMO explained... he also said the GTA thing happened to him not the quoted guy??

Someone else said the the photorapher locked his keys in the car too??

The Mag is at total fault here for quoting someone without there permission and quoting them wrong too.

From reading the thread I dont see the problem with "Clio V6 2004" guy, apart from the fact that he love his V6 255 and can not stop telling people about his love.. lol

..but then again the forum is full of people that love there 16vs, 172s, 182s, Valvers and Williams but no one seem to mind about those threads??

Anyway thats how I read it.

Blame the Magazine only.

Simon.

Clio 172 Cup, Audi A

Quote: Originally posted by Simo on 20 July 2004

Thought Id try to defend myself about that article.

I am the Simon Bailey in that article, however the photo is not of me, and the car is not mine.

And I cant remember which childish tw#t said I locked my keys in, but thats bollox as well.

Woooooooooaaahhh easy son!! I was the one that said the photographer was the one that locked the keys in the car, no need for that was there...i knew it wasnt you (ive never said it was you :confused:, infact i did say that it was the photgrapher?!?!?)

at the minute Im thinking you are pretty pi$$ed at me, but maybe ive got the wrong end of the stick???

if you are sorry but i didnt mean to get up anyones nose, just saying what happened on the day!!

Tom

Clio 1.4, SV650S

think you boys jumped the gun there, i cant see anythign wrong with all that.

very slight crossed wires. lighten up its hardly going to damage your career if someone mistakenly thinks youd locked your keys in the car!

williamsclio.co.uk/forum

wow....carnt believe ive missed all this.....

Now for the facts. (edited by Tom Holden)

The photographer DID lock the keys in the car (after being blessed with a drive from 2live)

The two V6s were Renaults, collected from a local garage. (I was asked to drive the red mk1 V6) Its my mug shot next to the car, but the comments are someone elses !

Both V6s were inspected at the end of the day, by a man in a suit.

KingStromba is a nice chap.

The jesus and V62004 are now a item ;)

[Edited by Holden, Tom Holden on 21 July 2004 at 8:05am]

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

I was going to ask the same question Toypop - you cant lock your keys in the Cup either... not that ive tried - but it doesnt make sense!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

i was there, it locked the keys in the car.

they were in the ignition.

Clio 172 Cup, Audi A

tom -you better put that the photgrapher locked them in or simon might think that you were sayin he did ;)

Clio 172 Cup, Audi A

Quote: Originally posted by FlamingMonkey on 21 July 2004

^^ hehe nice one Tom

was that me, tomclio182 or tom holden? :p

(even though my name is now steve pounder :oops: )

Yaris Hybrid

So this whole thread and all the bad language and abuse etc is because a faulty car locked itself with the keys in the ignition whilst the car was being borrowed from someone by someone but someone else who wasnt the someone who borrowed the car from someone else was wrongly named as the someone who was borrowing the car from someone else?

I think that makes sense.