ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The latest Norris Designs Evo Crash (Castle Combe)

Megane Trophy
The guy cant race and drive fast for s**t.

Hes now totalled 4 cars in 8 months

Needs points on his liscense to teahc him a lesson :D

Just watched the video no brakes - WTF he doesnt even go for them.

He changes down and locks the rear wheels, tries to correct it and t***s the other car

Last edited:

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member

He changes down and locks the rear wheels, tries to correct it and tw*ts the other car

Hmmm yeah right, you can hear him press the pedal 3 times. The car was tested after the crash and the brakes had failed :rasp: . I bet that 95% of the members on here do not have the skill to push a 600bhp evo like he can (no offence to the people who can ACTUALLY drive) maybe you should all give it a go sometime and see how long it takes you to end up in the nearest ditch! It's alays easy to sit there and critisize someone elses driving. Does it matter that he pushes himself to the limit? That is what racing is all about. I'm a good driver but i know he's better!

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
It cant be easy to drive a 600bhp EVO around a track.

The guy pressed his brakes and they failed, hes unlucky and so is the guy he crashed in to... I can hardly see him aiming at that pace!

Cupra
If he had only damaged his own car, people would not have so much to say. The last two crashes I have seen vids of have involved him taking out other people in quite serious smashes.

I hope they hand him the bill for the repairs.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
If he had only damaged his own car, people would not have so much to say. The last two crashes I have seen vids of have involved him taking out other people in quite serious smashes.

I hope they hand him the bill for the repairs.

He paid £1000 for the repairs on the first one, and he's also helping to sort the evo he crashed into. To be honest he's not got to do any of it, that's what track insurance is for. If you are stupid enough not to have it and drive a car that costs 30k to build, you kinda deserve it! Any average driver would of entered that courner at approx 100mph and taken all the other cars out at the same time. Even the marshalls praised Si for his quick reactions to scrub speed of on the grass.

Megane Trophy

He changes down and locks the rear wheels, tries to correct it and tw*ts the other car

Hmmm yeah right, you can hear him press the pedal 3 times. The car was tested after the crash and the brakes had failed :rasp: . I bet that 95% of the members on here do not have the skill to push a 600bhp evo like he can (no offence to the people who can ACTUALLY drive) maybe you should all give it a go sometime and see how long it takes you to end up in the nearest ditch! It's alays easy to sit there and critisize someone elses driving. Does it matter that he pushes himself to the limit? That is what racing is all about. I'm a good driver but i know he's better!

Pfft if you worked with race cars, drivers, instructed everyday then you would understand :)

Megane Trophy
I work freelance as im still at Uni.

Ive been in the industry 4 years, 2 of those were full time.
Ive been involved with many super tourers, sportscars, caterhams and currently running a car in a european endurance series.

I need to have a better look at the video but if it is brake failure then the guy really needs to try showcase his company for evo modifying and preparation a bit better!

Turbos.
You don't get much in the way of insurance for racing Ant, more liability and injury. Car cover is no where as comprehensive as with road insurance.

I totally agree that we shouldn't judge him on this occasion, but it has to be more than just bad luck that he has these offs so regularly. Combined with the laughable antics he did whilst showing off in the SWB one, kind of points in one direction IMO...

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
You don't get much in the way of insurance for racing Ant, more liability and injury. Car cover is no where as comprehensive as with road insurance.

I totally agree that we shouldn't judge him on this occasion, but it has to be more than just bad luck that he has these offs so regularly. Combined with the laughable antics he did whilst showing off in the SWB one, kind of points in one direction IMO...

I hear what you are saying. Only time will tell :eek:

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member

Ive been involved with many super tourers, sportscars, caterhams and currently running a car in a european endurance series.

I need to have a better look at the video but if it is brake failure then the guy really needs to try showcase his company for evo modifying and preparation a bit better!

Brake fluid boiled my friend. I think the work you are looking for is S**T happens. Quite a few of the time attack evos where built by his company.

Megane Trophy

Brake fluid boiled my friend. I think the work you are looking for is S**T happens. Quite a few of the time attack evos where built by his company.

yes but hes running Anglo American fluid which isnt far behind the Motul and SRF. It simply should not happen.
The mondeo is nearly as heavy as that and generates over 1000c in disc temps due to the AP one off calipers prodrive made for it.
We use SRF and never had a problem even with the 1 hour race with a very good driver. The AA fluid has a 50 fahrenheit lower boiling temp.

Regardless he needs to be given some points as he cant drive a greasy stick up a dogs arse. Dangerous drivers are simply not needed in the world of racing, the sport is dangerous enough without them!

Plus also the pedal would have started to go long a long time before he got brake failure.

Regardless of the on-track antics, offering to go around and sort out a fellow driver who disagreed with him is hardly the attitude you need in local club racing.

As Rich was saying to me on Monday at Combe, the series is incredibly friendly for the most part, so it's a shame it's come to this. More often than not visiting championships always praise Combe for being the friendliest circuit in the country (not to mention by far the busiest for club level racing), so it's sad to see this going on.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Ant, i was watching him on the day and tbh he is a f**king liability.

Over avonrise where the car has no weight due to a bump in the road, he was steering AND braking. The car was twitching all over the place. That has not nothing to do with the cars power or the brakes, its down to a lack of control.

I'm not saying i'm a better driver than him, i'm just pointing out that he is not the man to be driving that car.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf

And hes not that good.

How long has he been doing this now and it doesnt say much for his conversions either if he keeps bining them

53 Clio's & counting
might as well put my 10p in

fair play to him to runa car with that much power,he is great at building them,as fred said he wasnt to bad,but imo he spent far too long one handed,also changing down to early,and it was he was using the power/grip to drag himself out of the corners which he should have been taking better in the first place

i would say he needs more experience,maybe being in that series with less power would do him the world of good,course this is only from what i see/think :)

This is the only pic I got of him on the day, this is just before Quarry. If I timed it better this would be a pic of him with 3 wheels fully off the ground, but I missed it so this has just the 2...

290310342_XPBpV-L.jpg

Evo 8 Jap Crap
If the brake fluid boiled then hes a nob for not ignoring the signs i.e brake fade, if the fluid has boiled the brakes dont just go from being there the one minute and gone the next.

ValverInBits
christ!

Guy must have taken 5 brave pills and an overdose of insanity

He needs driving lessons

ValverInBits
5:30 and 8:00 are the driving highlights for me..........

edit: anyone seen the vid where the same guy, in a different car, WIPES out a girl in a 106Gti, also at coombe

He completely wrote off her car and his. Gave her £1k toward the repair of her completely written off 106 gti (pretty mintish)

Last edited:
  Turbos.
I heard she was pretty shaken up by the crash? Although that is quite understandable considering she got KO'd without seeing what was coming towards her!

106 GTi
Confidence has taken a bit of a knock, but Mondays aims where all achieved to finish both qualifying and the race and most importantly a smile was back on her face and she enjoyed it unlike the first race back - so some big steps forward.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
you know what i know he isnt the best driver... but this is a racing series accidents happen... no matter how stupid the accident is its still a racing series i think people are jumping on him saying he should pay because of who he is and the company he runs... i watched the film and there was nothing he could do... also the brakes were tested after and they had FAILED not just boiled over... so all those comments are bs...

in f1 racing when cars crash the teams dont pay each other... as said take track insurance this isnt just a track day this is an actual race series ffs he dont owe anyone s**t... tbh i cant see him not crashing he tried his best to stop it... people need to stop having a go just cos he is simon norris!!

Lionel Richie
brake failure and fluid boiling are 2 different things in my eyes, who "tested" the brakes after, seems odd they'd do that?

Little Newms

ClioSport Club Member
  182, D2 Td5 & 840CI
LOL at all of the driving god's on this forum....

You can pratice a million times controlling a spin etc because you know what to expect and that its about to happen. Its when you dont expect that s**t hits the fan.

He may be a pants driver? But then again like above has been said its a 600 bhp plus monster! Its going to be a pig to drive on the limit... Stop thinking about the videos of cliosports going around brands hatch because this is a different ball game all together.

Its a race, its a dangerous sport... Things like this happen from time to time. If he is really that much of a liabilty they wouldnt let him run in the season. End of

If he didnt drive like he did when he took out he 106 would you all still be saying its driver error and not admit it was a brake failure?

Ignorning all of that you should just be happy that no one was seriously hurt and evey one walked away.

Last edited:
  3.2 V6 4KEV, 944 Cab, 172
brake failure and fluid boiling are 2 different things in my eyes, who "tested" the brakes after, seems odd they'd do that?

Hi Fred, could you please delete a PM or two, I have one to send you... :D

Cheers, Paul.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

was on some forum i read saying that there was no pressure in the system at all line burst or summit.....

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
for the record, f**k driving a car with that much power, i'll stick to clios LOL

Exactly.

What I saw as messy and completely lacking in any and all consitency.

Having said that, I've never driven a million bhp Evo around Combe under race conditions, so I can't really comment.

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
+1 to whoever pointed out 5:30. Why did he just seem to ignore the fact it was on the grass, and well out of shape, go ahead and change gear, then snatch at it when the slide became major...? Ok, I'm not, by ANY means a driving god, but ffs... I know some people say cut him some slack, but would you want to be on a race track with someone with no talent, in a 650bhp Evo when you're paying for your own car and driving with you own life...? Really...?

Dan

Lionel Richie
people pay money and get in the car with me when i driving lambo's and ferraris...............:quiet: (no sex involved either!)