ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Lovely Little Corrosion Thread

M2 / Golf GTI
Well picked up the car 2 weeks ago and first thing to sort was the corrosion under the bonnet. Anyway so I took down the car down the local Renault stealership sat around for 30 mins before someone could be bothered to come out and take a look.

They took about 5 pictures and the guy was pretty confident it would be a new bonnet etc. Anyway another 10 minutes waiting they take down my details and said they will email it off to Renault.

One week later, not hearing anything I go down to see what happening. She says no news, then asks for my service book to scan it even though this should have been done before surely? Anyway im sent on my way being told they will give me a call in the next couple of day.

Another week goes by...in I go today. Told theres no one to see me as there on lunch or something, I was like ok fair enough. He said if I wanted to leave a number but I said no knowing they wouldn't call me anyway so popped in an hour later. Only to be fobbed again off now being told it can take up to 30 days. No f**king happy, how long does it take too look at the pics and check the cars history ffs! :mad:

Anyway, heres some pics for you. The dealer is pretty useless so maybe someone might note it on here.

IMG_0538.jpg

IMG_0539.jpg

IMG_0540.jpg

IMG_0541.jpg

IMG_0544.jpg

Theres a couple bubbles on the corners of the bonnet by the windscreen too.

*Yes I know im a bit anal and its under bonnet but still!

Woah, that's not right at all. They should be changing it (imo) if the stealers still gives you probs, say you'll speak to head office etc.

M2 / Golf GTI
Not sure its HPI clear but wouldn't know tbh. Still a clio bonnet and shouldnt be rusting with a 12 yr warranty!

visualize whirled pe
my 2001 clio doesn't have any rust at all in the bonnet, then again it's alloy.
I cant believe how quickly yours has gone, it looks like something off a 1980's fiesta.

Not sure its HPI clear but wouldn't know tbh. Still a clio bonnet and shouldnt be rusting with a 12 yr warranty!
Just asked because of the red/pink look to the top photo. Any metal exposed will rust. If that bonnet has been replaced from a heap of s**t and resprayed then it could happen.

M2 / Golf GTI
Just asked because of the red/pink look to the top photo. Any metal exposed will rust. If that bonnet has been replaced from a heap of s**t and resprayed then it could happen.

The red/pink is just reflected off the camera light.

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Warranty claims take about 2 hours to turn around at head office end. It does not take up to 30 days (Well I should say It never used to when I was working at RUK)

M2 / Golf GTI
Hmm there going to get hold of the dealers and get back to me hopefully today but if not tomorrow morning. Not much more use told them I was least pleased with the service provided. Will see what they say, can't see why it takes so long to decide if they will do it under warranty or not!

M2 / Golf GTI
Call back from Renault, told more waiting, ffs. I asked them to chase it but apparently theres nothing they can do, yeah right...

M2 / Golf GTI
Thought I would update this.

Just to let you all know I got a call from Renault and have been told they will NOT replace my bonnet under corrosion warranty. The reason is that its been serviced at a non renault dealership before I took ownership.

Now I ask you, renault offer a 12 year corrosion or whatever and this has happened after 4 years. How in the hell can it be a problem that it was serviced elsewhere!

Typical bullsh*t if you ask me.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
The car must be serviced by a renault main agent so that one of their 'approved' technicians can carry out the annual bodywork inspection.

This is how they get out of it.

c***s.

M2 / Golf GTI
I'm looking into it now and will be on the phone to renault uk on Monday. Rediculous to say the least.

LY 182
its a complicated one (that you wont win) because... 1 if it was serviced etc at a non main dealer.. if said garage are VAT registered AND use genunie parts, the warrenty stands full stop, no arguments around that one... but if any evidence of non gen parts being used they wont honor it.
2, the anti perforation warrenty (as they call it) has loads of small print to go with it, and if i remember correctly one thing that it states that it will only cover corrosion that has started in a non accesible section of chassis/bodywork ie from inside double skinned panels etc etc... as obviously rust on surface bodywork could have stemmed from a stone chip

M2 / Golf GTI
But the rust is underneath the bonnet in the engine compartment.

Also now have rust bubbles coming through onto the bonnet and it looks like a POS.

Hate to think what state it would be in by end of winter. Will have to buy a new bonnet I think and new RS grill as the rust has marked all of it :( GRRRR

LY 182
yeah, but its an exterior panel, ie could have been chipped with a tool while its being worked on or something flicked up in to engine bay, bonnet shut on something, etc etc

an interior panel would be inside a box section for instance,,,

not my veiw, just saying what they will try and sell you

M2 / Golf GTI
Not questioning, I know they will try and get out of it as much as possible. Just typical sh*t from a sh*t dealership.

Didn't have one problem with my Fiesta. Says alot doesn't it. Thats ford FFS!

LY 182
Not questioning, I know they will try and get out of it as much as possible. Just typical sh*t from a sh*t dealership.

Didn't have one problem with my Fiesta. Says alot doesn't it. Thats ford FFS!
joking arent you !
we are welding sill panels on 2000> fiestas/ka's quite regularly!
ka's especially are absolutely awful, not uncommon for an 04 plate ka to fail an mot on chassis corrosion..
the newer renaults are fantastic in the respect.. if you cant get them to pay out look on the bright side its just a bonnet and not a major area of the body,

def needs a new bonnet though you will never stop the rust coming back through that now

M2 / Golf GTI
Yeah, well had my Fiesta 04 plate didnt have any rust at all was solid.

Anyway was bit dissapointed thats all with it meant to be galvanised just pi**ed off.

Guess i'll get it fixed and keep going ha.

I know bonnets arent pricey just the spraying is and the chances of it matching up decently are next to none.

My old neighbour had a new sierra sapphire back in the day, that car was white. It had rusts spots on it within six months !

LY 182
My old neighbour had a new sierra sapphire back in the day, that car was white. It had rusts spots on it within six months !
he was doing well, most of them were sitting in the showroom with surface rust forming

www.renparts.co.uk
you sure its an original panel and/or paintwork? do the bonnet hinge bolts look like they have been undone before?

Never above 25mpg
My bonnet's rusting underneath in the same sort of places! Even under the bonnet insulation it's bubbling. And my slam panel at the front is bubbling in places.