ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The magic button

330Ci (Fail)Sport
It does appear to limit the throttle opening slightly in low gears with lots of steering angle. Without flashing.

I think it makes a huge difference too, plus im sure i can pull away faster with it off, not to mention the pick up is massively improved out of bends, even when the light isnt flashing. only really turn it off on track tho tbh!!

It also seems to intervene when the light isn't flashing though. A lot of people report improved pull out of tight low speed corners when the ESP is off, even in situations where it would not otherwise 'flash'.

THANK YOU! I was sure it was cutting in without it flashing!

I've never had TC let alone ESP before, and find it very odd to have the power cut.

Plus I love the need to adjust the throttle when you feel the front starting to slip. Always turn it off when I'm having a play.

Only had mine flashing when hitting greasy patches on roads round this way or pulling away from junctions sharpish. Never had it in a corner although mine seems to understeer more than anything I've ever driven to the point I've zero confidence in the thing through corners or on roundabouts. :(
I could leave mine for dead on the same round in my fully loaded up with crap focus estate which is a 115bhp diesel with zero torque below 2k and all out of puff at 4k! Seriously it goes through bends way quicker and safer than my 172.

Tires look ok although a bit worn on outer edges but nothing major. :(

G

Check your tyres and tracking.

Clio 197
I had a play with TC/ESP turned off tonight in my 197, so much better. Only have to tap the loud pedal and it revs so more freely, also throwing it round bends you can get back on the power and storm out.

I found even when the light was not flashing it was kicking in, don’t think I would leave it off all the time though, but for quickly pulling away you can’t beat it.

172 Race Car
I had ESP on my Focus back in 2001, was one of the first cars Ford did with it on.

One day while 'pressing on' I went over a crest and the back stepped out, I corrected but the dam thing just wanted to straighten the car up and cut the engine power so all I did was misfire into a kerb and 80 bananas. Result, 1 ruied alloy on a 4 month old car.

The version on my works transit is quite relaxed. tesed it in the snow recently
Never had it on a Clio.

ITS ONLY FOR GIRLS AND GRANDMA'S

Laguna 2, Westfield
I had ESP on my Focus back in 2001, was one of the first cars Ford did with it on.

One day while 'pressing on' I went over a crest and the back stepped out, I corrected but the dam thing just wanted to straighten the car up and cut the engine power so all I did was misfire into a kerb and 80 bananas. Result, 1 ruied alloy on a 4 month old car.

The version on my works transit is quite relaxed. tesed it in the snow recently
Never had it on a Clio.

ITS ONLY FOR GIRLS AND GRANDMA'S

To be fair that was probably a basic system being a new feature. When my girlfriend got her new Fiesta st in 2005 she ticked the optional ESP.. at the time they were doing them prodrive test day things when you bought one. On the skid pan we tried it with the esp off and on, it was really hard to loose control with it on, it really was fantastic - turn it off and you got in to all sort of trouble - for the average motorist on brtians shite muddy roads it really is a good thing to have.

1/4 mile 14.9 @ 92mph
After owning my cup for 5 month now i wouldn't say they need TC tbh. Even in rain i really haven't had a problem with traction, not that i would want to go fast anyway in the rain.

RB + LY 182 FF
This magic button apparently give me 10bhp more.... That what a f**king Renault dealer told me lol

yea i was told by the previous owner of my car that the ESP button was also sportmode and if held for so many seconds it kicks in. !
no that line didnt sell me the car i was after another 172 and it was a nice one .