ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The most comprehensive detail you’ve ever embarked on?

Renault Clio S
What’s the most comprehensive detail you’ve ever embarked on?

List all products used in sequence, number of coats applied where applicable, and where possible the time duration involved.

I’ve only recently caught the detailing bug, so my list won’t look that comprehensive compared to most seasoned detailers on here. I think it’s a fun and worthwhile exercise, especially for people who are interested to know what sequence of products to use, etc.

Bodywork
1. Autoglym Bodwork Shampoo Condition via two bucket method (First wash - 20 minutes)

2. Autoglym Tar Remover (remove tar specs from bonnet, roof and side panels – 30 minutes)

3. Autoglym Bodwork Shampoo Condition via two bucket method (Second wash to remove Tar Remover and prepare for polishing - 10 minutes)

4. Boots Baby Wipes (to clean rubber door and sunroof seal – 20 minutes)

5. Autoglym Super Resin Polish (1 Coat – 45 minutes)

6. Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection (1 Coat - 15 minutes)

7. Back to Black (for bumpers and bump strips - 15 minutes)

Wheels
8. Halfrauds Alloy Wheel Cleaner (10 minutes)

9. Halfrauds Alloy Wheel Protector (15 minutes)

10. Autoglym Instant Tyre Dressing (2 minutes)

Windows
11. Mr Muscles all purpose window cleaner (20 minutes)

Interior
12. Pledge furniture polish (5 minutes)

Engine
N/A – yet to tackle this job

That’s my 12 step effort, clocking in at just over 4 hours or a lightly solied car, although I'm sure I was at it all day. Sundays just fly by.

Last edited:
  Mito Sportiva 135
4 hours?! Pah I spend that long on a weekly wash down!

Guess that means I have too much spare time... ;)

TeZ

Non RS : (
yep lol i spent about a day at most ona GOOD detail and thats it , thats about once a month, nomal clean every week is about 2 hours

4 hours?! Pah I spend that long on a weekly wash down!

Guess that means I have too much spare time... ;)

same here :S

my car was in the garage for 4 days over xmas when i got my PC. wheels off, arch liners out, bumpers off, bump strips off, spoiler off, headlights and tail lights off, door cards out, seats out etc etc etc

tbf this was the end result;

DSC02730.gif

DSC03070.gif

DSC03030.gif

DSC03064.gif

jamie

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
tbf ill spend like 2 hours max on my car, my brother does all the complex stuff and will easly spend 7-8 hours on it for me :)

TeZ

oh and im not going through the process lol

tez if you say annyyytthing ill nut you ;)

jamie

I was about to open my lil mouth here but as i wil get "nutted" lol :rasp:

but nice job jamie your paint does look rather mottled tho mate? on the side pic is it been resprayed?

lol tez

no mate, its just orange peel from factory, just s**t renault paintwork skills really :(

other side was resprayed and they had it back and forth trying to get it to match. said they ended up just slapping on the paint and it came out the same. :S

jamie

FF Monaco 172
[
Interior

Surely that isn't safe to use on your dash and plastics, i would have thought it would make it a bit too shiny and cause major reflection in the windscreen??

TeZ

^ its ok if your a cheapscate, Jamie yes renualt original spray is plop,

Just need to take a hammer to new sprayed parts lol

Longest I spend on my car is 15 mins to wash it, and about 2 hours to polish it. Have paid someone to spend all day on it, but I'm too lazy to do that.
I never get time to even wash it though, it gets washed once every 2/3 months.

TeZ

^

Longest I spend on my car is 15 mins to wash it, and about 2 hours to polish it. Have paid someone to spend all day on it, but I'm too lazy to do that.
I never get time to even wash it though, it gets washed once every 2/3 months.

thats great mate well done

106 GTi
Takes me months lol!

Little bit disapointed that comment Rich, was expecting a two-page insight into your detailing regieme, at least.

Due to the weather that is how long the clio has taken for the FCS prep. Will do a write up in the next few days when I finish it. Time wise working solid it can easily take 3 days to do do a show prep on a car.

Here is a thread from when I last did a big clean up on the clio which took a couple of days without any polishing involved. All the products and processes are listed in the thread.

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=209380

A days work for two of us on a 997

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=228789

Same on a M3 CSL

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=142311&highlight=M3+CSL

Renault Clio S
I do somethimes think that life would be a lot simpler if I hadn't discovered this website.

Renault Clio S
Is it advisable to use a product like Autoglym Super Resin regularly, like once a month for example? I din't think this was an abrasive polish, but I could be wrong.

Mito Sportiva 135
Yeah that would be fine, although not really necessary. If you seal the paint, depending on what product you used I would expect around a good 2-3 months protection.

If you use SRP it will remove whatever wax or sealant you have on and will then need reapplying if you want to protect what you have achieved through polishing.

Renault Clio S
Thanks.

Every day I learn something new on this place. It's more useful than Wikipedia.

O4 Dynamique

List all products used in sequence, number of coats applied where applicable, and where possible the time duration involved.

I’ve only recently caught the detailing bug, so my list won’t look that comprehensive compared to most seasoned detailers on here. I think it’s a fun and worthwhile exercise, especially for people who are interested to know what sequence of products to use, etc.

Bodywork
1. Autoglym Bodwork Shampoo Condition via two bucket method (First wash - 20 minutes)

2. Autoglym Tar Remover (remove tar specs from bonnet, roof and side panels – 30 minutes)

3. Autoglym Bodwork Shampoo Condition via two bucket method (Second wash to remove Tar Remover and prepare for polishing - 10 minutes)

Wheels

Windows

Interior

Engine

That’s my 12 step effort, clocking in at just over 4 hours or a lightly solied car, although I'm sure I was at it all day. Sundays just fly by.

PLEASE TELL ME YOU DONT ACTUALLY USE 'PLEDGE' AND 'MR MUSCLE' ON YOUR CAR?????
UR AN IDIOT IF U DO, THEY ARE HOUSEHOLD CLEANERS MEANT FOR UMMMMMM THE HOUSE,, NOT FOR YOUR CAR.

O4 Dynamique

Bodywork

Wheels

Windows

Interior

Engine

PLEASE TELL ME YOU DONT ACTUALLY USE 'PLEDGE' AND 'MR MUSCLE' ON YOUR CAR?????
UR AN IDIOT IF U DO, THEY ARE HOUSEHOLD CLEANERS MEANT FOR UMMMMMM THE HOUSE,, NOT FOR YOUR CAR. FOR THE WINDOWS I RECOMMEND EITHER AG Window care, Or Megs quick windows.

106 GTi
Glass cleaner is glass cleaner don't see a problem with it really. I household stuff the Double Glazing fitters use, works just fine.

Would not use the Pledge myself.

Renault Clio S
Glass cleaner is just glass cleaner, regardless of brandname. There is no difference in what you use.

To be honest my interior rarely needs cleaning because I only use the car at wekends. Pledge is a bit lame, agreed, but it totally restored my rubber mats to box-fresh showroom condition. It was in my hand, so I went with it.