ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The new Alpine Ipod head unit....

Lotus Elise 111R
.....iDA-X001 - Ipod full screen, control etc

Alpine-ida-x001.jpg

Anyone got one of these?

From what I have read and heard it is fantastic and seems to be a LOT of stereo for £220, and it will work with the steering wheel controls that I do like to use.

Mk2 172
Ive got one in my clio cos i work for a car audio shop. Its an awesome unit. Ipod control is fastest available and the display is very well thought out. you need an adaptor for the steering controls. alpine do one.

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member
i think it looks mint, and is a great idea. however the fact you can't use cds makes it a bit of a put-off

Lotus Elise 111R
i think it looks mint, and is a great idea. however the fact you can't use cds makes it a bit of a put-off

That was my intial thought, however when you think about it a bit more, why would you ever need one, unless you have bought it whilst out and cannot get to your PC to put it on the ipod quickly, just have to wait a few hours!

Think I am gonna go for it, just waiting til next week to have a good play it first with the ipod connected.

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member

That was my intial thought, however when you think about it a bit more, why would you ever need one, unless you have bought it whilst out and cannot get to your PC to put it on the ipod quickly, just have to wait a few hours!

Think I am gonna go for it, just waiting til next week to have a good play it first with the ipod connected.
agree actually. i got this alpine one and it's got cd and the direct ipod connection, and it was only £140

ALPINE-CDE-9850RI.jpg

Lotus Elise 111R
Toyed with that one as well, just thought sod it, an extra few quid and full ipod screen, with supposedly 25,000 times the speed of a 3.5mm jack, b something it that! Will let you know when I get a play with the ipod connected next week.

Clio Cup
just to let u know the usb ipod adaptor will only work with new nano's and video ipods. none of the older ones.

Lotus Elise 111R
The beauty is, with the vetical angle of the clio dash, relatively small screen left, which obvioussly is black when off, is it surprisingly discreet, it certainly does'nt shout out at you.

ITB BG 182
contact demonknight as hes had one for bloody ages now.
£220 try more like 300 for the ones that have the ipod connection in aswell

1.2 12V Polo 9n3
has anybody tried this audio66 website? as some things seam pretty cheap compared to caraudiosecurity and caraudiodirect

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
I've got the CDA-9812RR and it's cracking 3 years down the line and it's still going strong, my next unit will be the X001 for def, i can get it for £205 all in through work when i saw it wow, it is a shame that only half comes off though

Lotus Elise 111R
has anybody tried this audio66 website? as some things seam pretty cheap compared to caraudiosecurity and caraudiodirect

Yes. I have. It is the internet arm of a retail outlet in Burgess Hill. Really nice guys. The price is cheaper because they make money through their shop.....

Lotus Elise 111R
So, it is now in, wired upto the steering controls and due to all the bad press re the bluetooth, I decided to stick with my Nokia car kit for the time being, although the bluetooth kit can be added when ready.

What a piece of kit tho, if you love your iPod, you will love this!!!

DSCF1761.gif

This may be a stupid question, but do you have to keep switching your ipod on and off or does the unit do that for you ?

Lotus Elise 111R
This may be a stupid question, but do you have to keep switching your ipod on and off or does the unit do that for you ?

Alpine runs it all. Keeps it charged as well. You can put it in the glovebox and forget it is even there.

Clio Billabong 1.2
Can you change tracks manually with the iPod?
My mate got an Xplode XA-110IP from Halfords and he has to go through EVERY track either on the remote or on the actual stereo.
He can't change tracks or artist on his iPod.
Waste of time but it was only £99

http://www.atraclife.com/2006/01/05/sonys-ipod-car-adapter-sony-ces-2006-day-1/

The picture shows when the iPod is connected, you can't browse on the iPod.
But yeah, my initial question, can you change tracks/artists etc using the iPod?

Same question goes to the other Alpine stereo a few posts back?:D

Lotus Elise 111R
You never touch the ipod. It sits in the glovebox or wherever, and the screen on the Alpine is exactly what you see on your ipod nano or video if it was in your hand.

Your can shuffle, scroll through playlists, album title, artist etc, in fact everything the ipod does, but without wires all over the car.

The screen quality is very good, switching between tracks incredibly quick, and with full album artwork, I doubt I'll ever use the radio!

Lotus Elise 111R
Can you change tracks manually with the iPod?
My mate got an Xplode XA-110IP from Halfords and he has to go through EVERY track either on the remote or on the actual stereo.
He can't change tracks or artist on his iPod.
Waste of time but it was only £99

http://www.atraclife.com/2006/01/05/sonys-ipod-car-adapter-sony-ces-2006-day-1/

The picture shows when the iPod is connected, you can't browse on the iPod.
But yeah, my initial question, can you change tracks/artists etc using the iPod?

Same question goes to the other Alpine stereo a few posts back?:D

Why would you want or need to, this unit does it all for you.....

Mercedes SLK350
I really like this headunit. currently I'm running an Alpine CDA-9835R, which has been superb.

If I was to get an IDA-X001, could I use an 80 gig USB HDD instead of an iPod?

I could then transfer 100 music albums onto the HDD without compressing any of it. This way I would just use the HDD like an autochanger, if possible.

What are your thoughts?

So, it is now in, wired upto the steering controls and due to all the bad press re the bluetooth, I decided to stick with my Nokia car kit for the time being, although the bluetooth kit can be added when ready.

DSCF1761.gif

George Michael ???? LOL!

Lotus Elise 111R

George Michael ???? LOL!

3 things, I was demonstrating it to my wife, picked an album cover people would recognise, plus I like his music...

Any further questions....;)

you may know it, clio?
there really good, friend has one

like everyone else says only flaw is no cd :|

Clio dynamique 1.4 16v
won't some dumb ass think that could still be worth breaking in for? It is a sexy bit of kit though, but i can't justify getting one cos there is nothing wrong with my apline HU plus i've got a denison ice link.

Last edited: