ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The new Alpine Ipod head unit....

Clio dynamique 1.4 16v
I've cracked. I've ordered one from car audio direct (with the free del. code). get it sat or mon!!!!!! My HU started playing up :)

Clio dynamique 1.4 16v
What bits do i need so i can use my stalk controls with it? it's an 03 dynamique.
Also if anyone wants to buy my denison ice link plus ( with the alpine m-bus adapter), let me know it's the one that just plays through the HU, you can't operate through HU controls.

Last edited:
  Clio Billabong 1.2
Does anyone know how to configure the bluetooth with my phone?
I've followed the troubleshooting, but it may be my phone model.

One thing..
They give you a basic paper manual, a small booklet, this includes how to fit the head unit etc.
They also give you an in-depth cd rom, which has troubleshooting etc (the useful info)
Why can't they just give you an in depth paper manual booklet so you can take it into your car and play around with it? :S
Straaaange.

ClioSport 182
how when on the audio66 website it says its stalk controls ready but people are saying you need the alpine wire?

can someone say everythin you need and cost to make it run with stalk controls

Lotus Elise 111R
When I had this unit fitted, I had to purchase a lead, sorry cannot tell you which one, the audio66 shop fitted it for me, all I know is it cost about £40, and does require dash top removal, however I left it to them and it all works perfectly. Their shop number is in the "contact us" info. Hope that helps, Piers.

Clio dynamique 1.4 16v
My HU arrived this morning, just wondering if it is just a case of unplugging my old one and plugging in the ida? Only asking cos i'm at work and the new boy is at home waiting.

172 cup TT
i own the one down from this with direct ipod link.. the one pictured on the previous page.. great HU.. problem i hate with it is its ridiculous scrolling through anything on it... Say Artist... scrolling from A -> whatever takes ages... say to Prodigy, finally get there after about 2 mins of scrolling from A > P.... if you choose prodigy and then want sayyy "Rob D" it starts at "A" again.. hope this head unit is either much quicker to scroll through OR it stays on the leter it was already at.. i think there was an update to my one released which can jump to 5 letter segments...

clio 200 F4Rt
just looking at it again....

I have a 8gig Ipod Nano (little black one)....

Do i need the :
KCE-422i
• iPod FULL SPEED CONNECTION CABLE

to make this unit work?

If so i best order one! lol

Clio Billabong 1.2
i own the one down from this with direct ipod link.. the one pictured on the previous page.. great HU.. problem i hate with it is its ridiculous scrolling through anything on it... Say Artist... scrolling from A -> whatever takes ages... say to Prodigy, finally get there after about 2 mins of scrolling from A > P.... if you choose prodigy and then want sayyy "Rob D" it starts at "A" again.. hope this head unit is either much quicker to scroll through OR it stays on the leter it was already at.. i think there was an update to my one released which can jump to 5 letter segments...

I have the one pictured in the previous page and it does exactly the same thing.
I have nearly 5000 tunes on my iPod so the best thing to do to stop you going insane is take your iPod out the connector and scroll on that.
So if youre scrolling on the iPod and stop at say Jack Johnson, you then plug the connector back into the Ipod, it's then automatically at Jack Johnson still.

ClioSport 182
just looking at it again....

I have a 8gig Ipod Nano (little black one)....

Do i need the :
KCE-422i
• iPod FULL SPEED CONNECTION CABLE

to make this unit work?

If so i best order one! lol

Can some verify this for me? coz im about to buy it and and 4gb ipod nano so will i need same?

Clio dynamique 1.4 16v
Right i've got mine all connected up, but no sound coming from the left speakers. the rca leads going to the amp are in correctly so i don't understand why.

'03 172 Iceberg S
So, it is now in, wired upto the steering controls and due to all the bad press re the bluetooth, I decided to stick with my Nokia car kit for the time being, although the bluetooth kit can be added when ready.

What is this "bad press" that you are referring to, does the Alpine bluetooth unit not work very well or something?

(I am seriously considering purchasing the X001 and the KCE-300BT bluetooth interface)

Lotus Elise 111R
So, it is now in, wired upto the steering controls and due to all the bad press re the bluetooth, I decided to stick with my Nokia car kit for the time being, although the bluetooth kit can be added when ready.

What is this "bad press" that you are referring to, does the Alpine bluetooth unit not work very well or something?

(I am seriously considering purchasing the X001 and the KCE-300BT bluetooth interface)

It does'nt work with any modern Nokia's, in simple terms it was created in conjunction with Motorola.....here is a thread, you can read all about it.....http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=468557 hours of reading for you there....
Piers